• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonights action....

Clarksville (6-5) @ Kenwood (1-9)

Rossview (7-3) @ Springfield (5-6)

Clarksville NW (5-5) @ Dickson (1-10)

*** The game of the night IMO....

Henry County (9-2) @ Clarksville NE (8-2)

Should be a big night in 10AAA, who you got???

Northeast beat Henry Co by double digits, Clarksville beat Kenwood, and in the upset of the evening Springfield beat Rossview. No word on the Northwest score. RHS seems to be in a free fall, and has Northeast on Monday night. They might play themselves out of a district tournament home game. What has happened, they were supposed to be one of the top teams in the district and the region?

Henry County fans, I hope we can get a lot down there. I know Northeast will have their side of the gym packed. Come out and root these guys on tonight, as they are doing some special things right now.... Good luck Pats!!

I guess the outcome of this game just proves how important it is to challenge your team throughout the season and not have your squad thinking they are the best thing since Kool-Aid. I say this because of HC's deceiving record thus far. Let's be honest in saying that most of their wins have come as a result of Montgomery County. Don't get me wrong, those kids played to the best of their ability but without adequate challenges amongst the elite.....outside of Montgomery County...they will never know their true potential. I do applaud HC's effort tonight but I must speak out in resentment against their lack of sportsmanship at the end of the game. The uncalled for push in the back by a HC player against NE player # 10 was very unsportsmanlike to say the least. I have followed NE all season long and never have I seen them resort to the kind of acts I witnessed tonight by HC. It was expected that HC would lose this game but for the love of the game, take that @$$ spanking and move on. I would assume this loss for HC will start the trinkle down effect for HC...that has plagued them in years past....being that everyone else has nothing to lose and will go all out in their effort to win!

I guess the outcome of this game just proves how important it is to challenge your team throughout the season and not have your squad thinking they are the best thing since Kool-Aid. I say this because of HC's deceiving record thus far. Let's be honest in saying that most of their wins have come as a result of Montgomery County. Don't get me wrong, those kids played to the best of their ability but without adequate challenges amongst the elite.....outside of Montgomery County...they will never know their true potential. I do applaud HC's effort tonight but I must speak out in resentment against their lack of sportsmanship at the end of the game. The uncalled for push in the back by a HC player against NE player # 10 was very unsportsmanlike to say the least. I have followed NE all season long and never have I seen them resort to the kind of acts I witnessed tonight by HC. It was expected that HC would lose this game but for the love of the game, take that @$$ spanking and move on. I would assume this loss for HC will start the trinkle down effect for HC...that has plagued them in years past....being that everyone else has nothing to lose and will go all out in their effort to win!

I wasn't at tonight's NE vs HC game, or RHS vs HC but this is two weeks in a row that there have been stories about HC's lack of sportsmanship at the end of the game. And I have seen it in years past as well. Do the individual districts have the authority to punish teams for certain behaviors, or must that come from the TSSAA? I am not suggesting that HC deserves any sort of punishment--again, I wasn't at either game--but where would such action come from?

Northeast beat Henry Co by double digits, Clarksville beat Kenwood, and in the upset of the evening Springfield beat Rossview. No word on the Northwest score. RHS seems to be in a free fall, and has Northeast on Monday night. They might play themselves out of a district tournament home game. What has happened, they were supposed to be one of the top teams in the district and the region?

Once again...being overrated because of meaninglless wins being that 50% of the District is below 500....like I have mentioned on numerous occasions, another team with a deceiving record..Rossview! RHS is a team that has great potential but lacks the much needed experience outside of Montgomery County. While they did venture out and play Beech to no avail, they still lack the quality play and wins to thrust themselves amongst the elite within the Region as demonmstrated tonight. It does the kids no good to play and convincingly win against teams you are expected to BEAT. Kids thrive on challenges! Just for the record, it won't be easy for RHS to go into the Eagles nest and redeem themselves.

I wasn't at tonight's NE vs HC game, or RHS vs HC but this is two weeks in a row that there have been stories about HC's lack of sportsmanship at the end of the game. And I have seen it in years past as well. Do the individual districts have the authority to punish teams for certain behaviors, or must that come from the TSSAA? I am not suggesting that HC deserves any sort of punishment--again, I wasn't at either game--but where would such action come from?

The alternatives you mention are the extreme measures. If you have a team that displays unsportsmanlike conduct when they "WIN" or "LOSE" then one should start looking at the coach and staff. At that point, the particular behavior the kids are displaying is expected and condoned by the coaching staff! Coaches and staff have the authority to challenge such behavior if need be and HC's behavior needs to be checked at this point because it takes away from the game!

Henry County fans, I hope we can get a lot down there. I know Northeast will have their side of the gym packed. Come out and root these guys on tonight, as they are doing some special things right now.... Good luck Pats!!

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but HC has done nothing special thus far. They have simply pounced on those they were supposed to and played well against others and managed to win in which is expected when you are at home! It is true they have managed to win within the district but if you take a look at the district, it isn't what it used to be in years past. Count up the quality wins they have this year outside of NE. Do you really think they could be a force to recon with outside of Montgomery County? Anything else that holds to be true must come through the Eagles nest!

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but HC has done nothing special thus far. They have simply pounced on those they were supposed to and played well against others and managed to win in which is expected when you are at home! It is true they have managed to win within the district but if you take a look at the district, it isn't what it used to be in years past. Count up the quality wins they have this year outside of NE. Do you really think they could be a force to recon with outside of Montgomery County? Anything else that holds to be true must come through the Eagles nest!

"SPECIAL" equates to Tennessee Tech beating Duke or Peay beating North Carolina!

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Obviously you were not watching the game tonight. #10 pushed the HC player first. It was a hard fought game and appeared HC could very easily have won the game tonight. I travel around just to watch good basketball and went to see the 2 elite teams of district 10 tonight. I would say both teams are very evenly matched. If you say HC is no good then you're saying same for NE. I disagree with all your statements. Both teams are capable of getting to Murfreesboro and even though #10 pushed a HC player it was just emotion at the end of a tough game. Nothung more! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> In response to your statement that HC hasn't done anything special is only your opinion. Judging by the teams I have seen this year I would say they are toward the top. I have seen Liberty, JCM, Beech, Ridgeway, White Station, Dyer Co., Humboldt, Union City, Germantown, Fairley, Oakland, Mt. Juliet, and several other pretty good teams. They rank right up there with all those teams. It would be fair to say they would at least beat over 1/2 or maybe more. I looked up there record when you said they haven't beaten anybody outside district. Again you're wrong they won a Ky Christmas tourney beating some pretty fair teams. I saw there game with Dyer County and they should have won it. No they are not an automatic state champion, but they are far from a bottom dweller. So when it is said they are doing special things in HC they are right. Look where this program was a few years back this is a special season for them based on where they have been especially! Get out and watch a wide range of teams and you'll know what I mean. I have een HC play many times this year because I love their effort and desire. They may yet surprise some folks this season! Good Luck Patriots! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Although Henry County is not an elite team by any means, don't understate what they've done. They don't have the chance to go play the Nashville and Memphis teams do to travel issues. They've played Westview numerous times and went toe-to-toe with Dyer County, who will be contenders for the 2A crown this year. They also won a tournament in Kentucky against some good teams.

Let's face the facts - HC is not a basketball school. At one time the school was known for its girls' basketball team, but now it's a football school. What they've done this year, though, is special for the school. They've played some good competition and beat the majority of it. Wilkins has got a good basketball program going, and next year should be even better with Shonte Sims emerging as a D1 prospect not only on the gridiron but on the basketball court too. Throw in Etheridge with him, who has a good chance to break the career scoring record next year. They have good, young players. I don't forsee them crumbling down this homestretch like many think they will do.

As for the incident tonight, I can't speak about it due to not seeing it. I will say this, however - Henry County was awarded a Tennessee sportsmanship award that can be seen anytime you're at the school. Keep in my mind that relations between HC and Clarksville schools have never been the most healthy of things, and you can see why these problems are being exposed. It will be interesting to see how things are on the football field in the Spring, especially with Northeast.

Although Henry County is not an elite team by any means, don't understate what they've done. They don't have the chance to go play the Nashville and Memphis teams do to travel issues. They've played Westview numerous times and went toe-to-toe with Dyer County, who will be contenders for the 2A crown this year. They also won a tournament in Kentucky against some good teams.

Let's face the facts - HC is not a basketball school. At one time the school was known for its girls' basketball team, but now it's a football school. What they've done this year, though, is special for the school. They've played some good competition and beat the majority of it. Wilkins has got a good basketball program going, and next year should be even better with Shonte Sims emerging as a D1 prospect not only on the gridiron but on the basketball court too. Throw in Etheridge with him, who has a good chance to break the career scoring record next year. They have good, young players. I don't forsee them crumbling down this homestretch like many think they will do.

As for the incident tonight, I can't speak about it due to not seeing it. I will say this, however - Henry County was awarded a Tennessee sportsmanship award that can be seen anytime you're at the school. Keep in my mind that relations between HC and Clarksville schools have never been the most healthy of things, and you can see why these problems are being exposed. It will be interesting to see how things are on the football field in the Spring, especially with Northeast.

Ha, were you at the game tonight? Because I was!! And I saw the ne player you refer to get frustrated by defense and push off, which was a common occurence, but then the player just kind of gathered himself in response... There was no incidence to speak of. Are you really trying to pretend there was a problem when to anyone who was there would probably think you were crazy? What's your real agenda? Oh and ps, both teams are very good and it was a fight till the end. The score def doesn't indicate how close the game truly was. Good game by both teams, and I only hope we will get to see a third round... Good luck to both teams the rest of the year!!