10A- Who will win this district?

SportsfanTN2010

Okay,

I won't lay that off on you. As far as the ref's, they take games from us all the time, that was about the whole point of my rant They are 1-A after all. But I don't think you can attribute your loss to that, good teams overcome bad ref's. I have a bit of a memory problem but wasn't that the game where your star player was held to something like 9 points(?). Oh wait, he had an off night. I also don't remember anyone fouling out? I believe we hit 4 out of our last 4 free throw and there was almost two minutes left so there was plenty of time for your boys to come back on us. We play again on the 16 in our house so you will have a great chance to avenge your loss. Hopefully! you will get some good ref's and if your star player does not have an off night, you should beat us hands down. When that happen's, I will gladly admit your dominance.

I was at the WHH/HC too, and neither team is my team, but this is what I saw;I dont know what their star player had, dont even know which one you are talking about. I saw ALOT of fouls that went uncalled, your boys like to push off, hold shirts, etc.... and I also saw 3 very young refs, who had to stop and ask each other what was going on, changing calls on the others sayso. HC is a better team that WH, you have a couple of shooters, thats all I saw out of them. As for being tied for first, ummm have you played CA yet? They will wipe the floor with yall. I have to agree with basketball, HC is a better team than WHH, though time will tell now that the Spurgeon boy is out.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went down to Houston Co tonight and watched HC and CA play. First thing I noticed was the Spurgeon boy wasnt dressed out, whats up with that?

But this is what I did see. The twins are great ballplayers, but if someone is in their face, they cant seem to make the shot fall. I would say the rebounding was about even. The score doesnt reflect the game, CA had a scoring run in the beginning of the third quarter, with one of their boys hitting a couple of 3s that put them over the top. I would say that HC probably has the quickest point guard in the district, and for being an average size guy, he can jump! Dillard played hard, but he just couldnt put up the big points tonight. As for the Skeleton boy, he desperately needs more floor time, alot of promise there though. Tyler Featherstone played well, but doesnt seem to shoot much, why???? Another promising player was the younger Featherstone boy, should mature well. Monroe played in the second and third quarter, handled the twins well, and scored over them. Still dont understand why this boy doesnt get more varsity time.

CA has put themselves a nice team together, but they are not unbeatable. JMO

I was at the WHH/HC too, and neither team is my team, but this is what I saw;I dont know what their star player had, dont even know which one you are talking about. I saw ALOT of fouls that went uncalled, your boys like to push off, hold shirts, etc.... and I also saw 3 very young refs, who had to stop and ask each other what was going on, changing calls on the others sayso. HC is a better team that WH, you have a couple of shooters, thats all I saw out of them. As for being tied for first, ummm have you played CA yet? They will wipe the floor with yall. I have to agree with basketball, HC is a better team than WHH, though time will tell now that the Spurgeon boy is out.

What's that strange sucking sound I hear coming out of your mouth? YA-ALL!

I don't know if I am doing this right...but I wanted to brag on out McEwen Warriors. We have fought hard in our last few games. Some were close, some not....but the biggest thing is we beat E.Robintson this week. Our boys fought head for every basket, turnover, and yes even fouls to win that game. It was a fun game to watch. E. Robinterson has a very talented team. They were fun to watch as well. We are a young team, but with each day, game, practice they are getting better...so watch out.!

It was a fairly called game ....sometimes. I only wish that the refs were fair and called the same calls for both sides. I know that, of course, we (warriors) see "calls" that were missed....just like the fans from other teams feels there are calls that "should or shouldn't have been made". Some times it is hard to see exactly what happens from all the angles.

I wish all of the teams good luck this sesaon. Play Well, Play Fair and you will never Look back with a heavy heart.

Merry Christmas to all

I don't know if I am doing this right...but I wanted to brag on out McEwen Warriors. We have fought hard in our last few games. Some were close, some not....but the biggest thing is we beat E.Robintson this week. Our boys fought head for every basket, turnover, and yes even fouls to win that game. It was a fun game to watch. E. Robinterson has a very talented team. They were fun to watch as well. We are a young team, but with each day, game, practice they are getting better...so watch out.!

It was a fairly called game ....sometimes. I only wish that the refs were fair and called the same calls for both sides. I know that, of course, we (warriors) see "calls" that were missed....just like the fans from other teams feels there are calls that "should or shouldn't have been made". Some times it is hard to see exactly what happens from all the angles.

I wish all of the teams good luck this sesaon. Play Well, Play Fair and you will never Look back with a heavy heart.

Merry Christmas to all

You did it exactly right and I think we could all learn a lesson from you.

Merry christmas to you and all of you out there...

You did it exactly right and I think we could all learn a lesson from you.

Merry christmas to you and all of you out there...

Thank you Scrapman.

I just wanted to brag again on our Warrior boys and girls. We beat Jo Bryns last night! The boys game was a little rough toward the end. A few of JB's boys really need to get out of the football mode. I do know that one of jb's boys will feel it this morning, he ran into one of our boys that is not a little boy. That same boy (jb's) had been really rough on a kid of ours that was smaller, but the one he ran into the last time had several inches and as a much bigger boy. It was funny because he avoid that guy after that. All in all it was a good game. I know that if you don't have a least 3 fouls a game, you didn't really play. lol I always ended up using all 5 of mine, because of my size. When I plays the kids weren't as big as they are now. I was 5' 11" that was tall for a girl back then (before dinos walked the earth) ha ha

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!

scrapman, WHH will not beat CA.

HC is better than WHH by 20 points.

Ross Albright is a good player prob top 3 in the district behind CA's Malcom Smith and Martin Smith

WHH will finsh 3 or 4 in the district if they keep playing how they're playing and gutting out W's

P.S. The reason people do not like WHH is not because of years past. It's how everyone of yall's boys and fans act. Your son may be an exception because I've not seen him act like that in years past but clean yall's act up and no one would have a problem. I have not seen yall this year so I dont know im just going off of what I've experienced in years past. I'm not dogging yall im just answering your question. Oh and everyone on this cite knows your son is good. You don't have to tell us. Let his play speak for it's self. Yes, people don't give him enough credit as good as he is but you don't have to defend him. Malcom and Martin Smith's father from CA isn't on here telling everyone how great his sons are, same goes for Woodard for East Rob or Dillard from HC. I don't want you to take this personal you seem like a good guy who has his son's back, but just leave it up to everyone else to form their opinions don't try to form it for them. If they keep dooggin they keep doggin.. so what? your son is good and WHH is tied for 1st in the district.. no one can take away from that. WHH keep up the good work maybe yall will gut out second or third at the years end because I dont think they can hang with CA. Scrapman keep posting your opinion just chill with all the smack talk and their wont be so much animosity.

scrapman, WHH will not beat CA.

HC is better than WHH by 20 points.

Ross Albright is a good player prob top 3 in the district behind CA's Malcom Smith and Martin Smith

WHH will finsh 3 or 4 in the district if they keep playing how they're playing and gutting out W's

P.S. The reason people do not like WHH is not because of years past. It's how everyone of yall's boys and fans act. Your son may be an exception because I've not seen him act like that in years past but clean yall's act up and no one would have a problem. I have not seen yall this year so I dont know im just going off of what I've experienced in years past. I'm not dogging yall im just answering your question. Oh and everyone on this cite knows your son is good. You don't have to tell us. Let his play speak for it's self. Yes, people don't give him enough credit as good as he is but you don't have to defend him. Malcom and Martin Smith's father from CA isn't on here telling everyone how great his sons are, same goes for Woodard for East Rob or Dillard from HC. I don't want you to take this personal you seem like a good guy who has his son's back, but just leave it up to everyone else to form their opinions don't try to form it for them. If they keep dooggin they keep doggin.. so what? your son is good and WHH is tied for 1st in the district.. no one can take away from that. WHH keep up the good work maybe yall will gut out second or third at the years end because I dont think they can hang with CA. Scrapman keep posting your opinion just chill with all the smack talk and their wont be so much animosity.

The year we did win it, we had a couple of kids on the team that were very cocky, way too cocky and I did not approve of it at all, but it was allowed. I knew it would come back to haunt us.

The above is a quote from a previuos post, which was suppose to be my main point. But, I let my mouth get the best of me.

You have made many valid points and I aprreciate your candor. You are a intelligent young man and I wish you and your team all the luck. I do have to argue one point though, if HC is better than WHH by 20 points the scorebord sure didn't show it on the 12/5 game, 38-34? we won. And even with the worst reffing according to your 20 point spread they still should of beat us by 10 or so? Regardless, this will be my absolute last post. This is a site for the kids, not some cranky old man like myself who has no patient for crass youngsters. You can take this one to the bank. Good luck to all and may injuries plague no players or teams. Buh Bye!

The year we did win it, we had a couple of kids on the team that were very cocky, way too cocky and I did not approve of it at all, but it was allowed. I knew it would come back to haunt us.

The above is a quote from a previuos post, which was suppose to be my main point. But, I let my mouth get the best of me.

You have made many valid points and I aprreciate your candor. You are a intelligent young man and I wish you and your team all the luck. I do have to argue one point though, if HC is better than WHH by 20 points the scorebord sure didn't show it on the 12/5 game, 38-34? we won. And even with the worst reffing according to your 20 point spread they still should of beat us by 10 or so? Regardless, this will be my absolute last post. This is a site for the kids, not some cranky old man like myself who has no patient for crass youngsters. You can take this one to the bank. Good luck to all and may injuries plague no players or teams. Buh Bye!

thank you not because you arent posting anymore because it was kind of fun but because it seems you have humbled yourself

Thank you Scrapman.

I just wanted to brag again on our Warrior boys and girls. We beat Jo Bryns last night! The boys game was a little rough toward the end. A few of JB's boys really need to get out of the football mode. I do know that one of jb's boys will feel it this morning, he ran into one of our boys that is not a little boy. That same boy (jb's) had been really rough on a kid of ours that was smaller, but the one he ran into the last time had several inches and as a much bigger boy. It was funny because he avoid that guy after that. All in all it was a good game. I know that if you don't have a least 3 fouls a game, you didn't really play. lol I always ended up using all 5 of mine, because of my size. When I plays the kids weren't as big as they are now. I was 5' 11" that was tall for a girl back then (before dinos walked the earth) ha ha

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!

u must have watched from a totally diffrent prospective that what i saw in the jobyrns and mcwen game all the rough edges were from mcwen heck we could breath wrong and the dang whistle would blow while your boys actually malled 1 of our young plaYERS AND THE DANG WHISTLE NEVER BLEW. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

u must have watched from a totally diffrent prospective that what i saw in the jobyrns and mcwen game all the rough edges were from mcwen heck we could breath wrong and the dang whistle would blow while your boys actually malled 1 of our young plaYERS AND THE DANG WHISTLE NEVER BLEW. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As I have stated earlier, we ( as fans) see all games differently. I was referring to #23 that basicly slung one of our boys with the ball. I played rough when I played, but never tried to hurt anyone. There were calls from both sides that wasn't called, I agree on that point. Also you had home field, so you can't say we "had the refs in our pocket" ...just kidding. You all have a good team, we are young so our wins are exciting.

We played in the Santa Fe classic this week. I will have to say it was a sorry game that was called. Sometimes it was as if they couldn't blow the whistle in certain areas on the court. There were lots of miscalls on both sides in the game on Monday. Tuesday's game was alittle better. We lost on Monday to Cornersville. They are a good team. We played hard, but they just played a little harder. We won last night against Santa Fe. It was a high tension game, the refs were there to keep it to a "dull roar" instead of a "brawl". Both sides were very physical in the game. Some were accidents, on both sides. They were moving so fast it was as if they couldn't stop in time to keep from running over another player.

Please understand I am not putting your team down, I just am proud of our boys. I just thought when 23 ran into one of our boys..he avoided him the rest of the game it was funny. I look forward to playing your team again. I hope we both enjoy the game, no matter who wins.

happy new years

• 2 weeks later...

I had the privilege of seeing my first 10A game last night with McEwen vs Nashville Christian. Both teams seemed to give it everything they had for all four quarters. McEwen eventually pulled it out 43-40.

I will go ahead and ask about these two since they are the only 10A squads I've seen this year, What are everyone's opinions about McEwen and Nashville Christian?

I had the privilege of seeing my first 10A game last night with McEwen vs Nashville Christian. Both teams seemed to give it everything they had for all four quarters. McEwen eventually pulled it out 43-40.

I will go ahead and ask about these two since they are the only 10A squads I've seen this year, What are everyone's opinions about McEwen and Nashville Christian?

I think both teams played great games Friday nite. We were not expecting it to be as tight of game, but NCS came to the floor with their hearts ready to play and win. It was a very exciting game. We were on our feet alot of the game because it was so close. I think it was a draw on who played the best. It was pretty much an even battleground. We have a young team, so I can't imagine what we will be like in a few years. We have several freshman who will be amazing when they are seniors. We play Clarksville adc. tomorrow night there, so it will be interesting.

Good luck to all the 10A teams this week. Everyone play fair and with heart.