10A- Who will win this district?

SportsfanTN2010

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not there so I can't speak for the game but this will definitely add some spice to an already intense rivalry.I played in some CRAZY basketball and football games for HC,one of the football games got so bad state troopers were called in and TSSAA would not let us play for two years.I am very happy to see Monroe and Hammond step up and contribute as sophomores,did Skelton and Featherstone not play much or were they just ineffective.I will be making the hour and half drive from Nashville to see the game and hope HC pulls it out.

Skelton had an off night, happens to the best of them, Kizer stepped in and played a big game, as did Monroe. Kizer fouled out ( those darn refs LOL ) in the 4th quarter. As to Featherstone, I am assuming you mean Tyler, the older brother, he was injured at the Nashville Christian game and was out for the night. Hammond stepped up, did a good job. I will be there too, cheering the boys on, as my coach used to tell me, whoever wants it the worst will prevail, and HC is hungry. Grendal, it has been driving us crazy as to who you are.... any hints? lol

Amen mtownballer. I am glad you said what I was thinking. I was shocked by the game. And before any of the HC fans say "you're just mad because you lost" YES I am mad we lost, but I am more MAD that as adults the refs are NOT being role models to kids today. It was a sit on your sit kind of game, but it was also unfair to the kids (both sides) for the refs not to call some of the "slapping and pushing that was going on" . Our kids got malled, but we "bump" them and FOUL! oh my gosh. I just hope the same refs are not there Tuesday nite.

Good luck Warriors!!

Maybe your kids got fouled , maybe our kids got fouled........ both teams were playing intense basketball, I think the refs were calling 'em, both sides, since both teams were in double bonus. As to your kids getting mauled, maybe you mean things like getting elbowed in the back 4 times while your laying on the floor?? Oh, wait, that happened to the Monroe boy. There were a few fouls, on both ends of the floor, that could of should of been Intentionals, but all in all it was a great game, your kids played hard, our kids played hard. We just came out on top this time. One other thing, we didnt get on here crying when you beat us in your gym, although those refs weren't the best either.

Skelton had an off night, happens to the best of them, Kizer stepped in and played a big game, as did Monroe. Kizer fouled out ( those darn refs LOL ) in the 4th quarter. As to Featherstone, I am assuming you mean Tyler, the older brother, he was injured at the Nashville Christian game and was out for the night. Hammond stepped up, did a good job. I will be there too, cheering the boys on, as my coach used to tell me, whoever wants it the worst will prevail, and HC is hungry. Grendal, it has been driving us crazy as to who you are.... any hints? lol

I played at HC back in the glory days,80's to be more specific.I played on and started a couple seasons of one the top three teams in HC history.I left the area after high school and live close to Nashville,I still maintain some relationships down there or I would just tell you.Coach Baggett is aware of any and all criticism that I have conveyed.I respect him as my coach but there needs to be some new blood.

I played at HC back in the glory days,80's to be more specific.I played on and started a couple seasons of one the top three teams in HC history.I left the area after high school and live close to Nashville,I still maintain some relationships down there or I would just tell you.Coach Baggett is aware of any and all criticism that I have conveyed.I respect him as my coach but there needs to be some new blood.

I, too, highly respect Coach Bagget, and I did not post my opinions as slams at him. I just think they need to change things up a bit. I, too, played for him, but it was many years ago. I remember the 80's teams, great basketball back then. Anyways, come on down next week, maybe we can figure out who you are then LoL. HC is going to do their best, and win, lose, or draw, I am very proud of them, girls and boys, and of our coaches.

CA-JB Score?

CA killed them..the game started out with CA going on a 20-0 run. At the half CA put in their 2nd and 3rd string and they finished out the rest of the game. Congrats to Malcom Smith on scorring his 1000th point last night. Scoring 1000 points for a career is incredible not to mention as a SOPHOMORE and his sophomore year is not even over with. He has great things to come as well as the entire CA team. CA finished their year undefeated in the district.

Good luck to the rest of the district. District tourny should be good.