Region 3 AAA

logcabinman

Just on paper, MC should have less problem with Polk Co. than Howard. From what I understand MC strengths are Polk Co. weaknesses. Don't get me wrong Polk is well disciplined and will play hard, from what I here will hit you. It seems MC might be to fast for Polk. Howard on the other hand matches up better with MC strengths. I am not sure how these games will go, just some observations.

Central with their size and o-line speed should beat Howard or Polk. Polk and Howard should beat Sequoyah. For sure Notre Dame, Tellico and Grundy are out of contention. It just seems that things are shaping up for East Ridge to get the fourth spot. I think all of their tough games have been played? ER lost to Seq and that may hurt.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In respect to the Seq. vs. Grundy thread - I wanted to start a new thread to get other opinions on this issue.

I think that Seq. will be a region shaker when they play Polk. I see Seq. winning that game. I also think that Polk will give MC trouble. Any thoughts?

Polk Co. has a pretty good defense. So don't let what Howard did to Polk influence your illusions about what Sequoyah will do. Sequoyah ain't Howard. Sequoyah doesn't have near the speed that Howard does. I think Polk will win this game by about 10 points.

I see Central possibly "playing down" to Polk's level for awhile. But with all the speed and weapons Central has, Polk will give up some chunks of big yardage in the 4th quarter. Central prevails by about 14 points.

Central with their size and o-line speed should beat Howard or Polk. Polk and Howard should beat Sequoyah. For sure Notre Dame, Tellico and Grundy are out of contention. It just seems that things are shaping up for East Ridge to get the fourth spot. I think all of their tough games have been played? ER lost to Seq and that may hurt.

Ok I have a question. What is the first tie breaker on making the playoffs? They way I see it the best E.R. can do is to go 4 and 4 in the region which should put them in a tie with Seq. if they can win 1 out of the 3 remaining games they have left. "Polk, Howard or Meigs" Since they beat E.R. would that not put them in the 4th spot? Then on another note, ND is still in but they will have to win at least 2 of thier remaining 3 games. "Tellico, Grundy or Polk" WE could possibly have three teams tie with 4 region wins at the end of the year. Head to Head each has beat the other so then what is the next tie breaker? It is quite possible that the top 3 teams could have the same scenario if Polk manages to beat Central and then Central beats Howard. So it should make for an interesting end of the season for several teams.

Meigs coaching staff had their best game of the year even though we lost. Polk coaching staff is outstanding. With that said, I will make some observations on 3AAA. Having seen both Central and Polk, Central is the more athletic team. Central has more speed and weapons. Polks passing game is not very good. Centrals is good. Polk runs between the tackles and has trouble getting to the corners, Central can do both. Defense is a wash with both defenses being good. Special teams goes to Central. I would give the coaching edge to Polk. For Polk to beat Central Coach Davis will need a good plan. I havent seen Howard or Sequoyah play but would take them over ER or ND. Of the teams we have played IMO Central is the only one that can make playoff noise.

Central/Howard 1

Polk 3

Seq 4

I agree with TigerPride about Central at full speed. TigerPride saw Central with Jackson. Without Jackson, I think things will be a lot closer. I think your order is still right.

Alot of these games down the stretch will be very close. I don't think it will be a case of people playing down to other teams level. It will be some pretty good teams just trying to find a way to win some tough games.

Ok yeah central does have a lot of speed but i see a whole lot of who wants it more deciding who wins between polk vs. central and when central vs. howard. Dont ya jus love small town high school football! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well IF Central can beat Howard and POLK beats Central. POLK will be in first place again. But I dont believe polk will do much good in the playoffs this year. But I wish they would!!

Yes more2hate every year polk makes it to the first round and loses. hopefully it will be different his year

Yes more2hate every year polk makes it to the first round and loses. hopefully it will be different his year

Yes lets pray to god that this year will be different!! The team needs region champ its been way to long for it! With Coach Davis i believe they can do it! For I played under him for a couple of years. His coaching staff is good and only improves in time!