Region 4-5A Snapshot

TDCman

Yes, this is true unless you give up a couple "cheap" scores (fumbles, int. returns, official calls), then the offense can get real important. No doubt that Defense wins and what most good teams hang their hats on, but there will come a time when you got to score MORE than normal! At this point in time, Smyrna cannot score a lot! What was regular score in ya'lls game 7 - 7?

Yep. Although Smyrna took the less conventional way to get 7 points, although Oakland certainly helped in that regard

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it does tell a pretty good story.....................Smyrna cannot SCORE! They will have to hit a better stride; than a little over a TD / game. Riverdale has come along nicely. If Wilson Central beats Lebanon; they could be in the mix also. A good team will NOT make the play-offs..............last year that team was Lavergne!

toga-toga

I??™m not arguing the fact that Smyrna Offence has had issues putting the ball in the in zone. The stats don??™t lie. What I am arguing is that Smyrna is so young and they are starting to come together. This QB has never played the position at any level. His first snap was this year week 0. He is improving. In week 0, 1, 2 he was having trouble getting the snap let alone running the offence. I can??™t count the times where a fumble snaps or bad pitches to Bryson gave teams short fields. He is now clean that up and this team is responding.

They will even be better at the end of the year and if they make it to the play offs they will be a tough out.

That??™s my argument.

You also have to consider Smyrna's struggles on offense for the first 3 or 4 games. I saw a pretty good Smyrna offense out there, regardless of the score. With the defense they have, you dont have to score much. I think they need run more of that veer formation with bryson as the qb

Smyrna has a brand new offense so i think for the first games they did ok. it was expected for them to struggle a bit but you can't say that now about our offense now can you??

I??™m not arguing the fact that Smyrna Offence has had issues putting the ball in the in zone. The stats don??™t lie. What I am arguing is that Smyrna is so young and they are starting to come together. This QB has never played the position at any level. His first snap was this year week 0. He is improving. In week 0, 1, 2 he was having trouble getting the snap let alone running the offence. I can??™t count the times where a fumble snaps or bad pitches to Bryson gave teams short fields. He is now clean that up and this team is responding.

They will even be better at the end of the year and if they make it to the play offs they will be a tough out.

That??™s my argument.

I agree with bulldog86 we are a brand new team and our QB is still learning but you have to keep in mind this is a team A BRAND NEW TEAM AND COACHES and for it all being new I would have to say that Smyrna is kicking ASSprin for the conditions in which they are playing!!!

Scoring 17 pts the last 2 weeks is hardly lighting it up

37 points in the last 2 weeks, OaklandPatriots.

But Smyrna score 16 point the first 3 weeks, then 57 the last 4 games.

Smyrna will not light it up this year. You know better then that. Smyrna just needs to put the ball in the in zone a little more and they will be fine.

37 points in the last 2 weeks, OaklandPatriots.

But Smyrna score 16 point the first 3 weeks, then 57 the last 4 games.

Smyrna will not light it up this year. You know better then that. Smyrna just needs to put the ball in the in zone a little more and they will be fine.

Oh I see Offensive scoring not Team scores.

Got it.

I'd be interested in hearing how others think the region shakes out. Somehow I see some tie-breakers being used to determine the #3 and/or #4 playoff spots.

Here's how I see the scenario playing out...or at least setting up.

Oakland and Siegel have got the job done and will settle the #1 and #2 seeds among themselves. That is unless one of them completely tanks and loses the next three. I don't see that happening and Oakland has been much more consistent. Oakland should finish 10-0 and take the #1 seed.

This is where it will get really interesting. The #3 and #4 seeds should be settled between WC, Smyrna, and Riverdale (this assumes that WC wins Friday). These three teams should become big Oakland/Siegel fans and hope those two don't let Lebanon, Blackman, or Laverrgne back in the race.

These three teams have all had highs and lows this season and all have one home, one away against the other two. It is easy to make a strong argument for all three to snag one of these last two spots, each has played the top two seeds tough, each controls their own destiny, and all three are capable of making a run.

My best guess:

#3 Riverdale -- improving on both sides of the ball and seem to have found the right combination...next weeks game at WC is key

#4 WC -- they have a great defense and have pretty good balance on offense -- however beating Smyrna, at Smyrna in week 10 will be quite the chore

#5 Smyrna -- They are the only one of the three with a win over a 5A school that has a winning record. They could easily end up as the #3 seed...it's just that close.

Lebanon -- just too many injuries

Blackman -- I really don't get this one other than they seem to have no plan on offense

Lavergne -- back in the thick of it next year

hmmm! Interesting when you simply add 2 weeks to this crazy region!! Did you know that there is now a scenario that could have 5 teams tied for 2nd place...................and I know who has the "ultimate tie-breaker". Did you know that if siegel loses to Oakland; they will have to beat Lebanon in order to make play-offs...............talking about "falling off a ledge".

Blackman and Lebanon are not dead just quite yet...................

2 huge games this week.............who wins??

1.) Oakland vs siegel

2.) Smyrna vs Riverdale..........this one holds the "key" to that 5 team tie thing!!

toga-toga

5 Teams tied for 2nd........................how?? Please explain!

also, who wins the Smyrna-Riverdale match-up?

the tie breaker thing is a screwed up system and if two teams have the same score whoever one their game together usually goes first...but if more then 2 teams do then they take the teams you beat stats and yada yada ya...basically teams get screwed over by the way they do it...

and smyrna beats riverdale b a field goal late in the 4th...

lets face it.. smyrna has been faring better against reion opponents than riverdale...smyrna almost beats okland...riverdale...no... smyrna beats blackman with a shutout...riverdale does about the same but no shut out...riverdale did beat lebanon i belive by a heck of alot mo0r than we did...tats where the game goes iffy....but i still see a smyrna win