District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

I have read both of your posts. Now the quote from you above makes it pretty plain what you meant. So now to cover up the fact you have ripped the head coach in a public form, you backtrack and explain to us all that you really meant to rip the players. Let me give you some sincere advice. 1. never post on this board again, unless it is 100% positive of all team members. 2. Give each player you named here in a negative way a one on one personal apology (yes they read this board). 3. Let your son know you have let your emotions get the best of you and made a mistake. and that you were wrong. 4. work hard at seeing that your son's coach is working hard at getting the best out of your son and his teammates, and doesn't deserve any of what you have brought out.

And I would add tigermom, not only do all of us read this board, we also know who u are and that the "player" u talked to is obviously your son. It is really not that hard to figure out. If my parents got on here like that I would have a real problem with them. You are embarrasing yourself. Do everyone a favor and go away!

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok maybe I made a broad statement and should have made more of an explanation of what I meant. No I am not a disgruntled parent as someone said. I like Coach Kevin alot and he has come a long way in the 5 years he has been a coach. My son likes Coach Kevin and thinks he is a good coach. There are still things to learn. Yes the three main shooters are in a slump and no he can't make the shots for them. The question is why are the in a slump. I think part of Vogel's slump is that he was a football player and still has to get some practice time under his belt. Gilbert I don't know what's happened to him he has just lost it. He began having problems hitting the basket last year. Leonard has become the ball hog, hot dog shooter that doesn't do anything but make himself look silly. He has become a one man team instead of being a team player. The team is not playing as team yet as a whole. The poor choaching part is he needs to bench those who don't want to play as a team until they get the message. He needs to get mad and make them play team ball or sit on the bench. Talking with one of the players, part of this was addressed here recently (after the Montgomery Central game) in one of the practices. Talking with the same player the question was asked why do you guys not drive more to the basket and draw the foul. The answer was he tells them to ( the three shooters) but they just don't. I ask why, and he just said they just don't. If your not going to do what the coach is telling you to do then you need to sit the bench till you decide to play with the team and with the coach. Kevin doesn't get upset very often and does a great job at having great composure on the court and I have great respect for the way he handles himself. But sometimes he needs to jerk a knot in some of these boys tails and make them play ball the way the games is meant to be played not their way. I apoologize for making it sound like he is a terrible coach it was not meant in that way, although that is the way it came across.

The tigers started slow last year and and came out with a good season in the end. Hopefully they can pull together AS A TEAM and make the year the kind of winning season that it should be.

Obviously, you are an absolute moron and have no clue about what you are talking about. First of all, Coach Rawlings has been a coach for more than 5 years. Second, picking out players and giving your 'theories' as to why they are not playing well makes no sense to anyone. To pick out a few and blame them along with the coach is ridiculous. Besides, your conversation with 'a player' is not very reliable. Have you ever considered the fact that the season is only 5 games old? How about the fact that the three post players who logged the most minutes last year are not playing at all (Jackson-out for the year, Anderson-may be out for the year, Hollis-not playing this year due to injury, I think). That might have a little to do with things. Just something for you to chew on. Either way, you have no idea what you are talking about so, don't.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Everything except the in fighting. It's not nearly as fun when it's fans of the same team, but still, a better effort than what we were getting. Maybe this will get things going a little. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Almost to the Christmas break and it looks like Creekwood is in the driver's seat so far with Sycamore, Harpeth and Montgomery Central not far behind. I fully expect Waverly to join the top 4 teams. Still not sold on Montgomery Central just yet, but I'll withhold judgement. Fairview and Stewart County have some better than average players and may make some noise. Cheatham is struggling with depth and getting their shots to fall. They got to the rim a bunch against Harpeth, but just didn't finish.

It's going to be a competitive district imo. I hope Creekwood doesn't run away with it. Harpeth @ Creekwood the Saturday after New Years will be huge. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't believe Harpeth has ever beaten the Redhawks in Charlotte. There's usually a pretty good contingent of fans and coaches from the other district teams at this game when it's on a Saturday.

I agree that Creek Wood is the favorite right now, and until someone knocks them off they will continue to be the favorite. I think Harpeth and Sycamore are about even, but that is where I stop agreeing with the post. I have seen Montgomery Central play twice, vs. Cheatham and Fairview. They beat Cheatam cause the cubs can't finish (see the post about their game with Harpeth). But I was shocked at how Fairview for the most part handled the Indians. Fairview was up 17-4 after the first quarter. The Indians tried to press and Fairview shot lay up after lay up when they didn't throw a dumb pass out of bounds. MC got back into the game in the fourth quarter with a little help from the stripes and Fairview's sloppy ball handling. There is a simple formula to beat MC: guard #51 in the post and he will step outside, then dont let him drive. The little point guard loves to drive and kick, so stay in front of him and he is shut down. MC #50 drives to the hole every time and is a charging machine. The rest dont offer much, the Mills kid will try to go back door and that is the one way he scores.

I would put Fairview and SC at the 4 and 5 apot based on play so far. Cheatham at the bottom. Until Wavo wins some games I dont see them climbing up the standings. If you rely on ther outside shot it can be good, but if you are not hitting it can be aweful. I see one thing happening right now with Wavo, the more you miss your shots, the more these kids seem to shoot and they may be pressing to break out which can hurt more then it helps. Coach Rawling is a good coach and can right the ship, but it needs to happen soon beacuse you dont want to fall too far behind in this distrcit.

I have never seen so much conflict from waverly and its fans. Tou people need to calm down. a lot of people read this stuff including coaches and players. You are killing your team. You are going to have the tigers in so much turmoil they will never be able to come together. Im not from waverly and I hate to see what is happening even if I want to beat waverly.

I have never seen so much conflict from waverly and its fans. Tou people need to calm down. a lot of people read this stuff including coaches and players. You are killing your team. You are going to have the tigers in so much turmoil they will never be able to come together. Im not from waverly and I hate to see what is happening even if I want to beat waverly.

I believe the turmoil is one tigermom. It appears to me the response to her post has been swift and severe. It appears to me support for the Tigers and Coach Rawlings has been solid. The firestarter in the group has been drowned out and maybe has learned her lesson.

I agree with you. All schools have some disgruntled fans, but Waverly fans take the cake as far as getting on here and talking bad about their own. I have met and know a lot of people from Waverly through athletics and most of the ones I know are nice people who want the best for their teams, but also realize their teams are not what they used to be. Years ago, Waverly was the school people wanted to emulate as far as sports, but times have changed and most other schools have surpassed them. Of course, this is coming from a Harpeth fan who is somewhat worried about the state of our athletics as well.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Everything except the in fighting. It's not nearly as fun when it's fans of the same team, but still, a better effort than what we were getting. Maybe this will get things going a little. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Almost to the Christmas break and it looks like Creekwood is in the driver's seat so far with Sycamore, Harpeth and Montgomery Central not far behind. I fully expect Waverly to join the top 4 teams. Still not sold on Montgomery Central just yet, but I'll withhold judgement. Fairview and Stewart County have some better than average players and may make some noise. Cheatham is struggling with depth and getting their shots to fall. They got to the rim a bunch against Harpeth, but just didn't finish.

It's going to be a competitive district imo. I hope Creekwood doesn't run away with it. Harpeth @ Creekwood the Saturday after New Years will be huge. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't believe Harpeth has ever beaten the Redhawks in Charlotte. There's usually a pretty good contingent of fans and coaches from the other district teams at this game when it's on a Saturday.

Not to disagree with you all the way. but I think that when it is all said and done that Fairview will finish in the top 2 this year. If you think that M.C. is up towards the top, then Fairview should definitely be up there. They beat M.C. basically without Ben Johnson, who is Fairview's best all around player. The Jackets are 6 and 1 with their only loss coming to Sycamore, which Johnson didn't play at all because of being sick with mono. He's back now and look for the Jackets to get rolling and pull some so called upsets along the way. This team is as deep as any team in the distric and they are figuring out ways to win. Don't be surprised when Fairview is at the top when all is said and done.

1.) Creek Wood (3-0)

2.) Sycamore (3-1)

3.) Fairview (2-1)

4.) Montgomery Central (2-1)

5.) Harpeth (1-1)

6.) Waverly (1-2)

7.) Cheatham Co. (0-3)

7.) Stewart Co. (0-3)

creek wood seems to be the best team in the district early on in this season. they have already won at sycamore and also they have beaten a solid greenbrier team twice. sycamore had a brutal non district schedule and took their beatings against cpa, maplewood, and northeast (x2). since district play began they have been solid and have two nice wins over fairview and harpeth. fairview played a weak non-district schedule and they gained some good confidence because of it. outside of sycamore they have been flawless in district play. the win over montgomery central was a very good win for them. montgomery central is improved. they still struggled out of district against teams like rossview but in the district they have thus far exceeded all expectations. the win over waverly made many take notice. harpeth has played the likes of station camp and livingston academy out of the district. they fell in a tight road game at sycamore but rebounded to even their mark at home over cheatham co. with their early start the jury is still out on how they fare when compared to past harpeth teams. waverly imo has been disappointing thus far this season. they lost to an inferior montgomery central team and then got hammered by creek wood. they are my pick to turn it around and get rolling after christmas but i am not very confident in that pick. stewart and cheatham appear to be fighting to avoid the cellar at this point. both have undergone coaching changes and both are rebuilding. the second half will be interesting to see how they do in terms of catching up to the rest of the district.