District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have updated standings and who all plays tues. I have seen all teams play and it may be down some as far as D 1 talent, but Tourney should be a blast at the Wood, teams r playing very hard. 1st round games will be at higher seed. Central has to be the most improved. From what I see anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Example is Cheatham at Creek Wood. 10-12 point game going into 4th. How many blocks does the Dotson fella from the Wood have this season? 30 PEACE!!!

1 Creek Wood 6-1 Syc, @MC, FV, @CC, @WC, SC, @Har

2 Sycamore 6-1 @CW, @MC, @WC, FV, @Har, MC, @CC

3 Fairview 5-3 @WC, @CW, @Syc, @CC, @Har, WC

4 Harpeth 4-3 MC, SC, @CC, @MC, Syc, FV, CW

5 Montgomery Central 3-4 @Har, Syc, CW, @SC, Har, @Syc

6 Waverly Central 3-4 @SC, @CC, FV, Syc, CW, CC, @FV

7 Stewart Co. 2-7 WC. @Har, CC, MC, @CW

8 Cheatham Co. 0-6 WC, @SC, Har, CW, FV, @WC, Syc

I think 1-6 are in it. The winner of tomorrow night's Creek Wood vs Sycamore game has the edge.

All district? I'll try to pick one from each team.

Creekwood- Hyndman

Sycamore- Dempsey

Fairview- Bledsoe

Harpeth- Caruthers

Mont. Central- I haven't seen yet.

Waverly- Leonard

Stewart County- The scorer. What's his name

Cheatham- I don't see one

1 Creek Wood 6-1 Syc, @MC, FV, @CC, @WC, SC, @Har

2 Sycamore 6-1 @CW, @MC, @WC, FV, @Har, MC, @CC

3 Fairview 5-3 @WC, @CW, @Syc, @CC, @Har, WC

4 Harpeth 4-3 MC, SC, @CC, @MC, Syc, FV, CW

5 Montgomery Central 3-4 @Har, Syc, CW, @SC, Har, @Syc

6 Waverly Central 3-4 @SC, @CC, FV, Syc, CW, CC, @FV

7 Stewart Co. 2-7 WC. @Har, CC, MC, @CW

8 Cheatham Co. 0-6 WC, @SC, Har, CW, FV, @WC, Syc

I think 1-6 are in it. The winner of tomorrow night's Creek Wood vs Sycamore game has the edge.

All district? I'll try to pick one from each team.

Creekwood- Hyndman

Sycamore- Dempsey

Fairview- Bledsoe

Harpeth- Caruthers

Mont. Central- I haven't seen yet.

Waverly- Leonard

Stewart County- The scorer. What's his name

Cheatham- I don't see one

The guy from Stewart County your talking about is probably Dylan Smith. As for the MC-SC game went the other night, SC just let the game get away from them. They let a guy hit 7 3s knowing that he was the only scorer on centrals team. SC started hot and had things goin good til the end of the 4th, but thats how it always seems when SC plays at MC. SC always leads until the 4th and either gives it away or alomost gives it away. of course there were a few questionable calls at the end, one being an over-and-back call when SC never had full possession across the line (1 foot), and the ref later admitted he messed up the call. then on the final SC possession, boone smith and taylor craig had shots at the gamewinner and there was obviously some contact but it wasnt gonna be called, even though those same fouls were called earlier in the game...but owell that game is over and lookin forward to a 3 game week.

As for who still has a chance come playoff time, i dont really see how you can count SC out. even though they are 7th, they have lost a lot of close games and beat your harpeth boys. if SC can get on track and play with the heart they did that night, they still have a chance to do some good. still a lot of season to be played with it being such a tight district. and i agree the coacht trash talk and everything has really slimmed down this year but hopefully it will step up come playoff time. i think a lot of it has to do with the big decrease in talent like u said.

thoughts on tonight's district games:

MC at Harperth - i'll take Harpeth at home, but MC matches up well with Harpeth. Harpeth coming off the loss at Wavo needs to get back on track. MC is still in the hunt for a home game and this would be a huge win for MC. Harpeth by 5

Sycamore at CW- battle for first, the winner has inside track on the one seed in the tournament, and if CW wins they would have the sweep of Sycamore which would give them a two game lead as they would have the tie breaker with the war eagles. I like the size of CW and their ability to impose their will. CW by 15 at home.

Wavo at SC- Wavo is hot coming off their big win at home against Harpeth. SC is realing a little having been dominated at home by Fairview and letting one slip away at MC last week. As i always say on here, you have to play 5 on 8 when you travel to Dover, and Wavo struggles when they dont shoot well. I will take SC by 6 at home.

Fairview is out of district at McEwen and Cheatham travels to Maplewood tonight.

It's just math DrLove. If Stewart County wins out they'll finish 7-7. Creekwood and Sycamore only have to win 2 to eliminate them, Fairview 3, Harpeth 4, Mont Central and Waverly Central 5. Sure they can climb up a few spots, but it's all but mathematically impossible for them to win it since they've already played 9 district games and won just 2 of them. Their best shot is at tournament time.

The district is going to tighten up down the stretch and I don't see CW or Sycamore running the tables and finishing with a single loss. It could easily wind up with a 3-way tie for 2nd place before its all over. Too many tough road games coming up for the top tier IMO. Harpeth would appear to have the advantage in scheduling with only 2 road games left, but playing at home this year may not be the advantage that it once was.

My man ksgovols almost had it right /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

DISTRICT STANDINGS

1.) Creek Wood (6-1)

1.) Sycamore (6-1)

3.) Fairview (5-3)

4.) Harpeth (4-3)

5.) Montgomery Central (4-4)

6.) Waverly Central (3-4)

7.) Stewart Co. (2-7)

8.) Cheatham Co. (0-7)

Creek Wood beat Sycamore in the earlier meeting. The two teams play one another again tonight at Creek Wood. Fairview sits in third but they have lost home games against Sycamore, Creek Wood, and Harpeth. If they don't take care of business against Waverly then they are bound for the #4 vs #5 opening round game. Harpeth split with Waverly Central. Montgomery Central split with Waverly Central. Harpeth and Montgomery Central play the first of their two critical matchups tonight at Harpeth. Any of the trio of Harpeth, Waverly and Montgomery Central could finish as high as #3 and as low as #6 in the district standings. Stewart Co. and Cheatham Co. are dead-locked at 7 losses each. If the Rebels win the rematch against the Cubs then they will have completed the season sweep and be locked in the #7 spot in the district. If the Cubs beat Stewart in the rematch and earn a split then they could have an outside shot at the #7 seed if they can get someone else in the district and also have Stewart Co. not pull anymore upsets the rest of the way (i.e. Harpeth).

I have seen every team play and I must say that on a given night any one of 6 teams could be the best team in the district. Also teams can't sleep on Stewart Co. when they are playing them in Dover. Cheatham Co. plays extremely hard and I wouldn't be shocked to see them shock someone before the season ends.

I think I am going to give this all-district thing a try guys /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Creek Wood: Hyndman, Dotson, Darden

Sycamore: Staggs, Dempsey, Kilgore

Harpeth: Curruthers, Jones, Horkins

Stewart Co.: B. Smith, D. Smith

Montgomery Central: Daniel, Hyatt, Moore

Waverly Central: Vogel, Gilbert, Leonard

Fairview: Johnson, Bledsoe

Cheatham Co.: Smart

Somebody please update Cheatham or Montgomery Central's schedule. I get the standings right off coacht. There's a game between Cheatham and Central that isn't listed......obviously.

I think Creekwood has the easier path to #1 with their schedule.

Sycamore has 5 out of 7 district games on the road.

Fairview has 5 of 6 district games on the road.

Harpeth can mathematically get to the #1 seed still.

I can't do the math for Mont. Central and Waverly to get to the #1 seed right now. Things will clear up after tonight.

Waverly beats SC 60-44 tonight. Waverly came out slow and let SC get about a 10 or 12 point lead but after about 3 mins waverly woke up and said oh we are suppose to be playing basketball and when they did it was all over they tied up quickly, went ahead and never looked back. Great game Tigers. Your showing what you are made of.