Best Coach

radio33

Jeff Morris is in his 13th season as the Milan Bulldog head coach. His record is 126-36 for a .778 winning percentage - the best among active coaches in West Tennessee. His coaching resume includes two state championships, five regional championships, 12 playoff appearances, eight state quarterfinal games and five state semifinal games. He was named the TSWA Coach of the Year in 1998 (AA) and 1999 (AAA).

That is pretty impressive. Also, Milan has been to the playoffs for 25 consecutive years. This is the longest current streak. That ia a pretty high standard. This year he is sitting at 6-0 atop of region 8-2A.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since coach rankin came from RIverdale in 2006 he has brought so much Discipline and CLass to the Alcoa program , hes a great guy to be around , and hey , after wining coach of the allstar team for 2 yearsin 2A and even A NATIONAL COACH OF THE YEAR award wen he was back at Riverdale , oh and also , for the past two years weve won sportsmanship awards at alcoa, i guess you cant argue that hes a greatcoach and a pretty classy guy

http://www.Unapproved Website/content.asp?CID=378281 :]

I would put Coach Porter and his whole staff along with Coach Rankin and his staff. Not only does Coach Porter coach the boys on the field, he and his staff are there for theem off the field. He teaches them about community, responsibility, and discipline. He has a top notched program.

After playing Alcoa, Coach Rankin definitely earns respect.

I'm a little biased having sons that went through the WH program so I would put Coach Porter and his staff just a little above.

I know this is a AAA - AA - A thread. I am a Sequoyah fan and we are 3A. I had seen this info and I was reading this thread and thought I would post it because I think it is amazing.

Coach Quarles at Maryville. Overall record as head coach 130 - 9, He has won 6 out of the last 9 - 4A state titles, He is currently on a 67 game win streak, in the last 8 years he has only lost 2 games. WOW!!!

On and off the field, it is hard to beat TCA and Mike Hodum's coaching staff. Great guys and great coaches! Go Lions!!!

Nothing against TCA but seeing the way the coaches reacted after the JCS game was pretty childish. I don't think we saw Brian Stewart roll on the field after winning state did we?