Sunbright Coach?

OleTiger

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard last night that we don't have a Sunbright basketball coach for our girls that they fired Allan Davis. Who will we get to coach them?

Why did they fire Coach Davis.... practice starts Oct 27th .... who is going to take over the team... they have some good young talent coming up and should have a better year this year .....

That sounds like a good reason to get rid of somebody. Parents are in charge. That is the way it should be. Any we wonder why coaches do not want to coach anymore.

So what is the reason he was fired .... who is going to take over .... are they looking to hire someone... what is Sunbright like ... what kind of town are they in... is it a Single A school.... what is the ballpark figure that they pay for teachers/coaches in the county.....

Very small school and town. The team will have problems again this year playing teams like OZ, Coalfield, Oneida and Wartburg but things look good in a few years with the group that coming up if they stay with it. Don't know what the teachers make but I am sure it is not enough. I don't know what happen but Davis did a good job with them last year, with them being so young and the middle school teams he coached did very well last year also.

Best of luck getting a new coach hope it is soon just 2 weeks away from Practice.

He won the Morgan Co Tournament over large school Wartburg which made it to the state in large school, 2nd in Area II, got beat in the Sub State by Lenior City which won the State not bad after taking over the middle school for one year.

With that being done. I don't understand why he was fired. They did play Coalfield this summer and they played them tough.

What are the expectations at Sunbright? Please forgive me but this is far from a basketball powerhouse. Regardless of who has been coaching this team has struggled recently. Seems to me any success this team has had in the past Davis had always been a part of it, either at the middle school level, or as an assistant coach. I think the best team Sunbright has had in the last 10-15 years was coached by Stephens with Davis as his assistant.

All indications were pointing towards a decent season this season with Davis. Now the team sets dormant with ........NO COACH.........

What are the expectations at Sunbright? Please forgive me but this is far from a basketball powerhouse. Regardless of who has been coaching this team has struggled recently. Seems to me any success this team has had in the past Davis had always been a part of it, either at the middle school level, or as an assistant coach. I think the best team Sunbright has had in the last 10-15 years was coached by Stephens with Davis as his assistant.

All indications were pointing towards a decent season this season with Davis. Now the team sets dormant with ........NO COACH.........

That is true, but it means a lot to the kids and people in the Sunbright community. Scott Stephens is a personal favorite of mine to watch when I come to the area. He puts his heart into the game and the kids respond sometimes with no talent whatsoever. I enjoy Joe Layne at Wartburg and Ricky Norris at Oak Ridge too who used to coach at Harriman. Good coaching can help a mediocre team be competitive. There are a lot of reasons why a coach isnt there anymore. A few of them include politics, power struggles within the school and coaching fraternity, dealings with students and faculty. Sometimes it is family related. These coaches take a lot of time away from their families. Health, financial. Most coaches dont make squat for the time involved. I don't consider Scottie Stephens a great coach, but he gives his utmost and I have respect for that. Sometimes believing you can win goes a long ways on the floor or field. That is why I enjoy watching him and his teams.

By the way, how are the boys and girls teams going to be up there this year---KING BRIAN?? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I look forward to your opinion and then I will tell you and GOOSEVOL what I know. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />