Sunbright Coach?

OleTiger

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen him (Dagley) coaching JR. PRO for Wartburg Boys Club.

Smart move Sunbright! Get rid of a quality, experienced coach, and end up with his former assistant, a head coach with no coaching experience at all, and a jr. pro coach. I simply can't understand the logic behind this. Could the administration there please explain the logic behind this move, I for one would love to know!

At least they do have a win under the belt. this team has some potential and a big upside over the next few years.

Smart move Sunbright! Get rid of a quality, experienced coach, and end up with his former assistant, a head coach with no coaching experience at all, and a jr. pro coach. I simply can't understand the logic behind this. Could the administration there please explain the logic behind this move, I for one would love to know!

I am not apart of the administration. I do know the reason that Mr. Davis is no longer at Sunbright, I will not say because I don't want to start anything, but if you would like to know ask Mr. Davis he will tell you. I know Mr. Dagley very well and he knows his basketball someone has finally given him a chance to show what he knows.

I for one have the utmost respect for Alan Davis. He was the assistant to Coach Stephens my senior year and although I might've not seen eye to eye with him on a few occasions, he knows his basketball. Aside from his brother Dallas, he knows more about the game than any coach around the area. I have a feeling I know who the parent is that pushed to get rid of Coach Davis and it's a shame that the administration let one parent control the situation like she did. As far as the freshman playing over the junior goes, Alan doesn't care if your a senior or a 4th grader, if you are the better player and fit into the gameplan better, then you will be on the floor, maybe instead of taking the fact that she wasnt getting playing time personal, the junior should've worked hard and EARNED the playing time instead of expecting it to be handed to her freely. Its ashame that a promising team that has potential for the next few years is going through hard times. And as far as the fighting between players go, I can tell you first hand that the girls team always has drama going on between them, whether it be playing time or stupid stuff outside of the basketball world. But anyway I wish the team good luck in the upcoming season. Hopefully they will have a decent season and win a few games.

AMEN! i have sat and read all this stuff concerning sunbright, dont now much about them but rufus22 said it best. Aplayer must earn playing time it's just not given to you! if a freshman outplays a jr. or sr. then they deserve the playing time. afterall, it's not little league anymore it's high school. i just hope the new coach has the nerve to tell that parent,if she's a complainer like i'm reading and tries to run the team, to take herself and her daughter out of the gym and go some place else!!

I am not apart of the administration. I do know the reason that Mr. Davis is no longer at Sunbright, I will not say because I don't want to start anything, but if you would like to know ask Mr. Davis he will tell you. I know Mr. Dagley very well and he knows his basketball someone has finally given him a chance to show what he knows.

Then you must be in agreement with the administration to get rid of Coach Davis, if you know Mr. Dagley very well then did you know Coach Davis also?

At least they do have a win under the belt. this team has some potential and a big upside over the next few years.

The coaching profession in East Tennessee has a lot of shake ups particularly in Class A. You find a lot of ex jr. pro coaches there. They follow their kids through middle school and then wind up in High school. With the Volunteer Coach rule that went in during the 90's it is not uncommon these days. Traditionally, your better coaches usually never did Jr. Pro; however. The mind set of course is completely different. I hope things work out up there in Sunbright with the new coach. Sunbright is not exactly a destination school for up and coming young coaches but I have always respected Scottie Stephens. In the same district, I notice yesterday, that Oneida was having problems again with one of their coaches. I hope they get things straightened out up there. Oneida used to be a power in Class A girls and Boys. Good luck to you Sunbright and the teams in your district.

Watch out Coaches!!!!!!! I notice in the box scores from last night game (Rockwood) that the Freels girl only had a few points must not played alot. Isn't that the girl that the parent was upset with Coach Davis playing Freshman over her??????????????

It will not take long until the pressure gets to the Coach and the parents will go to the administration then they will change who plays. The administration did not stand behind Coach Davis so why should they stand behind this new Coach.

The coaching profession in East Tennessee has a lot of shake ups particularly in Class A. You find a lot of ex jr. pro coaches there. They follow their kids through middle school and then wind up in High school. With the Volunteer Coach rule that went in during the 90's it is not uncommon these days. Traditionally, your better coaches usually never did Jr. Pro; however. The mind set of course is completely different. I hope things work out up there in Sunbright with the new coach. Sunbright is not exactly a destination school for up and coming young coaches but I have always respected Scottie Stephens. In the same district, I notice yesterday, that Oneida was having problems again with one of their coaches. I hope they get things straightened out up there. Oneida used to be a power in Class A girls and Boys. Good luck to you Sunbright and the teams in your district.

I know nothing about the Sunbright coaching change , I just hope everything works out for the better for the kids. But, I assure you that the so called problem at Oneida is only someone out of the program trying to stir the pot for some unknown reason. Coach West is too smart to allow someone to be on his coaching staff that is a problem to the team. There is no problem and if there was West would have already have taken care of it, and since there is not a assistant coaching job open at Oneida he has not had a problem.

Well said Booger. That particular post, in Coach-T's words, crossed the line of constructive criticism and degenerated into excessive negativity toward coach/player. Coach-T runs a class act on here and absolutely does not tolerate posts of that nature. Sounds like Sunbright girls are doing pretty good and definitely could alter predictions for this district by the middle to end of the season. Who knows....could be earlier than that. Good Luck Lady Tigers ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know nothing about the Sunbright coaching change , I just hope everything works out for the better for the kids. But, I assure you that the so called problem at Oneida is only someone out of the program trying to stir the pot for some unknown reason. Coach West is too smart to allow someone to be on his coaching staff that is a problem to the team. There is no problem and if there was West would have already have taken care of it, and since there is not a assistant coaching job open at Oneida he has not had a problem.

Unfortunately, 81booger, criticism of coaching goes with the turf. The good coaches ignore it and weather the storm. The internet and media has permitted all of us to read and follow sports programs but also permits people to criticize whether just or not. Just read GoVols Extra and the idiotic comments on there about Fulmer. I enjoy the ability to express myself anonymously just like you do. Young coaches can't get their feathers ruffled everytime someone types an opinion or speaks negatively about perceived problems or situations. Go with the flow. Learn from it. Stand by your integrity. If not, that young coach and his family will end up in turmoil and stress every week of every season worrying about what some parent, athlete, or family member has to say. That coach should get out of the business if they cannot take that criticism.Coaching in this decade is not as easy as some people think. I dont know what has happened up at Sunbright but there are some nice folks there (Also good food at Lou's) I have always enjoyed Oneida sports and I wish you the best. Oneida and Scott County have been the subject of a lot of media attention in the last year or two and the most positive thing I have read has been about is the resurgence of Oneida football. Good programs always rebound and I trust the basketball programs will do the same. Good luck and lets look forward to another great season.

Watch out Coaches!!!!!!! I notice in the box scores from last night game (Rockwood) that the Freels girl only had a few points must not played alot. Isn't that the girl that the parent was upset with Coach Davis playing Freshman over her??????????????

The Freels girl did not score that much anyway when she played the whole game so you can't judge how much time she is playing from the box score. We find out tonight how much time she plays and who starts.