Meigs Coaching

TigerTrainer

guys im gonna say one thing...i have been readin this thread for the past 30 min..its great that people are wishing the best for us...but i get tired of everyone puttin us down...it does get old

the defense wasnt great but it wasnt as bad as everyone is saying

yes we did lose a great coach in coach davis...idk about looking for more coaches but if i can remember when meigs went to state didnt they have like only 2 coaches(not sure just askin)

most of our line only play football so our line will get alot stronger during the offseason

usually skill positions play more sports...

but just pray thats about all you can do

look for meigs to do better next year got very few starters coming back but alot of people that played a bit coming back...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most of our line only play football so our line will get alot stronger during the offseason

usually skill positions play more sports...

but just pray thats about all you can do

look for meigs to do better next year got very few starters coming back but alot of people that played a bit coming back...

How many senior lineman did you guys lose? And the last statement about doing better cause you have very few starters coming back..What does that mean..That yall will be better cause you lost alot of people that started for past few years. Didn't yall get worse this past year will the almost the same starters from the year before? And how can the defense not be as bad as people think? What did yall average giving up this year compared to years before that?

but if i can remember when meigs went to state didnt they have like only 2 coaches(not sure just askin)

I might be mistaken, But I believe those same 2 coaches offered to come back this year and help (for free), and were told that they were not needed.

I wonder if the current coaching staff still feels the same way now?

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I might be mistaken, But I believe those same 2 coaches offered to come back this year and help (for free), and were told that they were not needed.

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Those two coaches are as old as me. The game has passed them by, the only reason they were good is because of Mike Wilson anyway. Im sure the guy was talking about the 95 team... And there were only three coaches for the 95 team, but 25 playmakers..

So has the coaching search started or what is going on?

I'm curious as to what's happening myself. I read on here that Gene Davis is leaving, but don't know of any other changes that are certain.

Any Meigs' fans know the facts? Or is it all rumor and speculation?

I'll try to find out from my Meigs' connections this week.

I'm curious as to what's happening myself. I read on here that Gene Davis is leaving, but don't know of any other changes that are certain.

Any Meigs' fans know the facts? Or is it all rumor and speculation?

I'll try to find out from my Meigs' connections this week.

I agree. I just saw on the T$$AA website that they are looking for an assistant football coach. Who is the current head coach? I thought DAVIS resigned?

Tigertrainer you really dont have a clue. No one has ever been told they were not needed. Neither offered to help after we had a player leave for another school. How many people has been turned away in your eyes? Who are you going to come up with next? Those two coaches had 1 good year and went to the state finals , 28 YEARS AGO. THE GAME HAS CHANGED. Get on board, be supportive or leave!!!!!!

I saw the asst job has finally been posted on TSSAA. Hopefully we will get a quality coach, teacher, and more important a good person. If Coach D is leaving at christmas they may need to hire someone before the next

semester. I hope the administration does'nt rush into a bad decision. I have'nt seen or heard about next years schedule.

Tigertrainer you really dont have a clue. No one has ever been told they were not needed. Neither offered to help after we had a player leave for another school. How many people has been turned away in your eyes? Who are you going to come up with next? Those two coaches had 1 good year and went to the state finals , 28 YEARS AGO. THE GAME HAS CHANGED. Get on board, be supportive or leave!!!!!!

I saw the asst job has finally been posted on TSSAA. Hopefully we will get a quality coach, teacher, and more important a good person. If Coach D is leaving at christmas they may need to hire someone before the next

semester. I hope the administration does'nt rush into a bad decision. I have'nt seen or heard about next years schedule.

Totally agree.......lots of folks need to be supportive or leave.......gonna be very hard to turn this thing around and get kids out with all the bashing going on. One correction....those supposed volunteer coaches had more than one good year, had about 4 or 5. BUT had very good athletes and mean, nasty lineman. When the cupboard started to run a little thin and a couple of relatives graduated they cut tail and ran......

Those two coaches are as old as me. The game has passed them by, the only reason they were good is because of Mike Wilson anyway. Im sure the guy was talking about the 95 team... And there were only three coaches for the 95 team, but 25 playmakers..

I researched back to the late 70's. I found the year you were talking about was 1980. I saw where 2 kids from that team signed with UT, not bad for a 1A team. Wilson was Mr. Football that year. Scott went on to be a 4 year starter at UT. I saw some other names I recognized, that team had some athletes. I also saw that Baylor and Ootlewah were on the schedule. Seen where they also played a little boys basketball back then. State finals in 2 sports in the same calender year, yes they had a few athletes. Any coach with those athletes could win. The last year Meigs has been to the state finals or even made a good run was 1995. Eller is the only remaining coach from that team. I did'nt find any D1 signees. They had some kids sign college baseball and Peck played professionally. Again I saw some names I recognized, they had some athletes. Are any players from these teams active with the current team? Do any of the boys from these teams have any children who play at Meigs?

Yes the game has changed, but so have the kids. The game and the kids have probably passed them.

I researched back to the late 70's. I found the year you were talking about was 1980. I saw where 2 kids from that team signed with UT, not bad for a 1A team. Wilson was Mr. Football that year. Scott went on to be a 4 year starter at UT. I saw some other names I recognized, that team had some athletes. I also saw that Baylor and Ootlewah were on the schedule. Seen where they also played a little boys basketball back then. State finals in 2 sports in the same calender year, yes they had a few athletes. Any coach with those athletes could win. The last year Meigs has been to the state finals or even made a good run was 1995. Eller is the only remaining coach from that team. I did'nt find any D1 signees. They had some kids sign college baseball and Peck played professionally. Again I saw some names I recognized, they had some athletes. Are any players from these teams active with the current team? Do any of the boys from these teams have any children who play at Meigs?

Yes the game has changed, but so have the kids. The game and the kids have probably passed them.

The coaches who took the Tigers to state in 95 were Eller, Martin ( who is now at ER) Baker, who of course is the principal, and Roger Webb.