2009-2013 Classifications have been posted

PowerSweep

osunut2...Accordin' two my sore-seas Knotts Central beet Farrah-Gut in 2005 (21-10) and 2006 (34-7)..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Oops, I left out the result in 2005 and this year. Farragut won big this year and in '07, while Central won big in '05 and '06. That would make Farragut 2-2 against Central, instead of 1-1.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tpoole...

I didn't see your post as stirring the pot. I have always appreciated your comments on here and think they are mostly accurate. My reply to your original post was to state that it is no longer really considered "open zone" as many people believe.

My question was not a challenge, it is really a question "How many current players are tuition?"(Current not past players) I don't know the answer and am curious.

I don't question that many people move into Maryville for academics or athletics...or garbage service (Stars finest) Maryville can't do anything about that. I agree with you that is a family's choice and it may or may not be the right thing to do. I certainly respect your family's pride in your community (that wouldn't be Rushstrong, would it?) and the fact that you are supportive of your child's school and team.

As far as the standing on the sidelines...I agree with Stars that GQ does a pretty good job of involving a lot of kids. With that said, it is once again a decision for each individual.

Gooder post 82......Eye dont know if 'un Tea Pool lives in Rush Strong ere knot......Mammaw's sistur used two live down thair and her address wuz Wellsvul, Tinn................

GQ tried to get my cat to come to MHS to keep mice off Renfo Field...After much discussion with the feline she chose Alcoa because of the advanced driver education program. Here's to a "Mouse free" Goddard Field.

Eye hait hit poor old Toonces haz two drive around in Alcouh and subject her little innocent eyes two those old meen pilots on Alcouh Hiway moonin' everbody.....Let her transfer APB.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Eye hait hit poor old Toonces haz two drive around in Alcouh and subject her little innocent eyes two those old meen pilots on Alcouh Hiway moonin' everbody.....Let her transfer APB.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And ride in a car with JT...I don't think so.

Alcoa=

Farragut=

What about with 3 teams (I'm assuming the West team listed in the breakdown is Knoxville West)? Will that be 1 team and 1 wildcard or just 1 or what?

I believe it is 1 team guaranteed and a wildcard only if it is one of the top teams in 6A,5A,4A, etc that did not get the automatic bid. So, it may happen that a team from the east may end up in the west bracket and vice versa. It sounds like it could be a mess but in think 2A is already doing something like this to prevent a team with a losing record being in the playoffs over a team wiith a better record but in a tough region,district, whatever. For those of us who like to figure if our team will make it and what they have to do to make the playoffs, well... just win all your games.

Farragut= smokin young swedish model

Maryville= somewhat attractive middle aged woman

Alcoa= hilary clinton

Obviously a dumb blonde. Could it be?!! The much-anticipated return of CoachT's most popular poster, Heather Harrington!!

In some ways I hate to see Oak Ridge, Farragut and Ooltewah no longer in the same region; the same is true for Bearden and D-B. Still, to get back to the local rivalries and have the same districts as in your other sports is appealing. Bearden and Farragut, Bearden and West, Farragut and Maryville, Maryville and William Blount -- those are games that should be district matchups. But I just can't make sense of how you split a AAA regular season into 5A and 6A for the postseason. What an unnecessary, confounding and convoluted mess! As has been accurately detailed on this thread, the current 4A schools have held their own against 5A opponents in recent years. To me just looking at enrollment figures is not nearly as significant as the rural / urban-suburban gap, yet that gets no consideration in the realignment. In my opinion, there's no need for the postseason split which taints an otherwise worthwhile change.