2009-2013 Classifications have been posted

PowerSweep

District 11:Centennial, Brentwood, Franklin,

> Independence, Overton, Ravenwood

Centennial and Overton will be 5A, and Brentwood, Franklin, Independence, and Ravenwood will be in 6A.

Do they all play each other?

Will only one out of Centennial and Overton make the playoffs?

Which games count towards the region/district record?

How many make the playoffs out of the 6A teams?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best I can figure......

Solly

Best I can figure you've got to much time on your hands................. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

But... Tell me how our region will work... Region 4??

We have six 6A teams. Three 5A teams in our region... How many makes the playoffs in each group and what about the regions who show to have ot six teams??????? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

tpoole12

AWESOME! Farragut gets to end Maryville's winning streak!

T.F.U.

I wouldn't be so quick on the predictions. The Maryville program is strong with a good staff that can compete with any in the state. The difference for Maryville will be they will have to play more real games instead of the schedule they are accustomed to at the 4A level. In the last few years they have had the luxury of resting 1st string and developing 2nd string players after the 1st string has put the game away. They may or may not be able to do this with their region schedule of the future. Also if the 1st group has to play more on friday nights it may show up in injuries. Still I'd say be carefull what you wish for and don't forget that Maryville is an open zone school. They get some players from the area that would be attending elsewhere and develope their homegrown kids very well. There also are alot of atheletes there that stand on the sidelines or only play when the game is in hand that could start on alot of other teams in the region. As long as good atheletes are willing to watch and wait then I don't see any drop off. You do not see alot of difference in class size from year to year. They keep feeding the program from the bottom and occasionally adding a special player from the outside. Farragut on the other hand may be losing a few atheletes with the addition of Hardin Valley to the Knoxville School system. Time will only tell but I think they will compete very well at the 6A level. The great thing about the new changes will be less travel. Everyone that has been playing in region 2 5A will spend alot less road time than they have in the past. McMinn Ooltewah Bradley and Soddy Daisey was a pretty long trip but I will miss some of the venues..

tpoole12

T.F.U.

I wouldn't be so quick on the predictions. The Maryville program is strong with a good staff that can compete with any in the state. The difference for Maryville will be they will have to play more real games instead of the schedule they are accustomed to at the 4A level. In the last few years they have had the luxury of resting 1st string and developing 2nd string players after the 1st string has put the game away. They may or may not be able to do this with their region schedule of the future. Also if the 1st group has to play more on friday nights it may show up in injuries. Still I'd say be carefull what you wish for and don't forget that Maryville is an open zone school. They get some players from the area that would be attending elsewhere and develope their homegrown kids very well. There also are alot of atheletes there that stand on the sidelines or only play when the game is in hand that could start on alot of other teams in the region.

Do you know anyone who has been able to enroll for tuition for the past 2 or 3 years? With exception of tuition kids that have been in the school system for a number of years or their parents teach at Maryville (State law)...I don't think very many new tuition have been accepted. The schools are full and tuition has been cut to a minimum. I think it is currently around 5% of the total population. I know 4 or 5 families that have tried to get their kids into Maryville this year that were unsuccessful. I also know 1 family that bought a house in the city and lives there throughout the week so they can attend 3rd and 6th graders. I don't think it is like it used to be....definitely not "open zone".

I would like to know how many of the football players are actually tuition? Anybody know?

I know Tyler Clendenan and Aaron Douglas came from Webb. Not sure what the arrangement for these two enrolling was though.

Not sure about Clendenan, but Douglas family lives in Maryville. I am curious about current players. The McCoy brothers are tuition but have been in the system for some time.

Solly

Best I can figure you've got to much time on your hands................. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

But... Tell me how our region will work... Region 4??

We have six 6A teams. Three 5A teams in our region... How many makes the playoffs in each group and what about the regions who show to have ot six teams??????? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

tpoole12

The way I've been told is if there are 6 6A teams in your district, there will be 3 to automatically make the playoffs, and if only 5 teams, then only 2 berths. After that ther will be wild card berths based on overall record. What this means is there will probably be no more Ravenwood/BA or MBA or Franklin/McCallie games as the teams can't afford to schedule known difficult games.

I know Tyler Clendenan and Aaron Douglas came from Webb. Not sure what the arrangement for these two enrolling was though.

Thay mooved intoo tha bewtifull Cross Creik naborhood.....Roomer haz it thay mooved fer bettur garbige servuss...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

T.F.U.

The difference for Maryville will be they will have to play more real games instead of the schedule they are accustomed to at the 4A level. In the last few years they have had the luxury of resting 1st string and developing 2nd string players after the 1st string has put the game away. They may or may not be able to do this with their region schedule of the future. Also if the 1st group has to play more on friday nights it may show up in injuries.

tpoole12

I'm not trying to put William Blount down , I hope they just had a bad night against us , but to me our easiest game of the year was against 5A William Blount . We played 4 or 5 QB's , and just about everybody on the team . On the average , I'm sure your statement will be correct though . I think in years past around here , 4A was better than 5A , but teams like Farragut , Bearden , and Ooltewah have stepped it up a notch , while teams like Central , Powell , and Halls have lost a little bit .

The way I've been told is if there are 6 6A teams in your district, there will be 3 to automatically make the playoffs, and if only 5 teams, then only 2 berths. After that ther will be wild card berths based on overall record. What this means is there will probably be no more Ravenwood/BA or MBA or Franklin/McCallie games as the teams can't afford to schedule known difficult games.

What about with 3 teams (I'm assuming the West team listed in the breakdown is Knoxville West)? Will that be 1 team and 1 wildcard or just 1 or what?

Do you know anyone who has been able to enroll for tuition for the past 2 or 3 years? With exception of tuition kids that have been in the school system for a number of years or their parents teach at Maryville (State law)...I don't think very many new tuition have been accepted. The schools are full and tuition has been cut to a minimum. I think it is currently around 5% of the total population. I know 4 or 5 families that have tried to get their kids into Maryville this year that were unsuccessful. I also know 1 family that bought a house in the city and lives there throughout the week so they can attend 3rd and 6th graders. I don't think it is like it used to be....definitely not "open zone".

I would like to know how many of the football players are actually tuition? Anybody know?

MHS82

I wasn't trying to stir the pot.. As far as requirements to get in as a tuition student I don't know.. Never looked into it as my son and daughter attend(ed) Fairview , Carpenters , and William Blount. I do know that in the past there have been serveral kids either pay tuition or move into the city to play at Maryville. I don't have a problem with that. Every parent should do what they feel is right for there children, but if I was a parent of a child who was standing on the sideline watching other kids ( tuition or tranfer or otherwise ) play then I might have a little stomach burn. That being said I haven't heard of a kid that is a special athelete being turned down. I don't know what the policies are are but I'll share a moment in time with you that may put things in perspective. My wife, son and I was attending the Blount County Sports Hall of Fame induction ceremony a few years back. That night my wife's father was being inducted. Before the ceremony, as people was talking throughout the room, a member of a very prominent sports family here in Blount County (who is also a Maryville school official) was exchanging pleasantries with my Father-in-law. During their conversation my son was introduced. When he stood up the first words from this person's mouth was..My your a big boy. Do you play football? My son answered yes, at Carpenters. His next words was .. We have to get you into Maryville..... I don't know if that meant anything but at the time I was pretty sure if I had wanted to get him in then it would have been possible. At that time I felt as I feel now. I would rather my son play at William Blount and lose some games than to stand on the sidelines three or four years and say "I've got rings..."

Like I said earlier, I wasn't attempting to stir the pot but don't ask me questions if you don't want to here my answers. I'm sure I'm going to catch heck for this post, but my intention from the first post was to let the Farragut guy know that Maryville has a good program and will continue into the future...

tpoole12