Milan are they really No 2 in AA

nob4upost

Milan maybe the number 2 AA team in Tennessee but that is not saying much for the AA schools after what I saw tonight. Maybe they were off of hurt or whatever but they really didnt show me what all these Milan supporters have been screaming on here.

Sounds like sour grapes.

Guess that 94 yard TD reception by D.Moore #5 wasn't good enough.

Guess that 40 yard TD run by the QB Justin Coleman wasn't good enough.

Guess those TWO Kickoff Returns by the same player #4 T.Peoples weren't good enough.. Makes 4 on the year, in 7 games, hes played in 6, sir. Then had an INT on defense.

Guess our D1 Prospect MLB wasn't good enough, blocking a punt also.

Guess Beau Vandiver didn't make three incredible catches for long gains, then have an INT on defense.

Guess Jeff Morris isn't good enough for you. Hes only the top coach active in West Tennessee.

Jabronski Gilbert has 20 TD's on the season, in 7 games.

I think its time you take a long thinking process before you just throw some stuff out there.

Milan has had to play back to back weeks of non-stop no huddle spread shotgun offense. Nobody is lining up, and running over Milan. Period. End of story. Your going to have success when you throw the ball 45+ times.

Sounds like you got home, got mad, and threw a topic out there to make yourself feel better. USJ is easily 2nd in our region. They will be 9-1 at the end of the regular season. Hard to believe? Not really. Overbey is the best QB ive seen them have in a long long time. He could easily be a Mr. Football in the next year.

FYI: Milan will be fine. They are averaging, I would estimate, 39-42 PPG. I think they are worthy of a #2 Ranking.

Nob4upost, Somebody's got to get on here and say something negative, guess you took that role.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait are you saying that Milan will beat Alcoa by 4 TDs??? Thats how I read it and if so then you have lost any credibility you earned in your first post on the boards. The Football Gods, my dear, are laughing at you right now!

by NO means am I saying we will beat Alcoa by 4 TDs....I'm not stupid...I'm just saying that when/if Milan gets to Alcoa it's gonna be one of the best games BOTH teams have played all year.

I am however saying no one EVER gives Milan the credit they are due. And what people DON'T see is the fact that no matter who the opponent is against Milan...they are going to play harder in THAT game (vs. Milan) than any other game in the season. No one wants to loose to Milan b/c everyone talks every year about how great Milan is. So most teams in this area, they train so much harder for Milan than other teams because they are the team to beat.

If you've never seen USJ or JCS...or any of the private school in Jackson play, then you really have no idea what they were up against these two weeks. Milan is a speed group, we all know that. Those two teams...passing clubs. No Milan didn't win either of them pretty....but they got the job done and got a W.

So why exactly is everyone still so adamant that Milan does not deserve their number two spot. I now pose the question to you "haters" we shall say.....

Who DOES deserve this Number two spot????

Sounds like sour grapes.

Guess those TWO Kickoff Returns by the same player #4 T.Peoples weren't good enough.. Makes 4 on the year, in 7 games, hes played in 6, sir. Then had an INT on defense.

Guess Beau Vandiver didn't make three incredible catches for long gains, then have an INT on defense.

Guess Jeff Morris isn't good enough for you. Hes only the top coach active in West Tennessee.

I think its time you take a long thinking process before you just throw some stuff out there.

Milan has had to play back to back weeks of non-stop no huddle spread shotgun offense. Nobody is lining up, and running over Milan. Period. End of story. Your going to have success when you throw the ball 45+ times.

Sounds like you got home, got mad, and threw a topic out there to make yourself feel better. USJ is easily 2nd in our region. They will be 9-1 at the end of the regular season. Hard to believe? Not really. Overbey is the best QB ive seen them have in a long long time. He could easily be a Mr. Football in the next year.

FYI: Milan will be fine. They are averaging, I would estimate, 39-42 PPG. I think they are worthy of a #2 Ranking.

Nob4upost, Somebody's got to get on here and say something negative, guess you took that role.

Nice post - I guess some on here think we should win every game by 48 points regardless of the team across the field. All I know is at the end of the game I want Milan to have more points than the the other team. Regardless of what others say, we have played two teams which have tried to exploit our weaknesses and have to a degree. Last night we play a team that shuts down our running game for the most part - good job but they didn't win, we did. It just gets old reading people bash us because we don't win like Alcoa. Well guess what? We are not Alcoa and that is ok. We are Milan and we just win football games. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sounds like sour grapes.

I dont have a dog in the fight so no sour grapes here. Milan showed some good things but all I have read on hear is about how incredible they are and they honestly didnt look that dominate last night over a average JCS team. I am not saying they shouldnt have won or that retutrns for TD are not a big deal or that they dont have a great coach or anything else you pointed out. They obviously need to sow up the pass defense and no one ever said that a team had to line up and run over Milan to beat them. Just saying before people start tooting their horns about state championship games they need to improve.

I dont have a dog in the fight so no sour grapes here. Milan showed some good things but all I have read on hear is about how incredible they are and they honestly didnt look that dominate last night over a average JCS team. I am not saying they shouldnt have won or that retutrns for TD are not a big deal or that they dont have a great coach or anything else you pointed out. They obviously need to sow up the pass defense and no one ever said that a team had to line up and run over Milan to beat them. Just saying before people start tooting their horns about state championship games they need to improve.

you need to know that every year people start tooting their horns about state championships in milan before the season even starts. why, because their milan , that's why. nuff said. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

by NO means am I saying we will beat Alcoa by 4 TDs....I'm not stupid...I'm just saying that when/if Milan gets to Alcoa it's gonna be one of the best games BOTH teams have played all year.

I am however saying no one EVER gives Milan the credit they are due. And what people DON'T see is the fact that no matter who the opponent is against Milan...they are going to play harder in THAT game (vs. Milan) than any other game in the season. No one wants to loose to Milan b/c everyone talks every year about how great Milan is. So most teams in this area, they train so much harder for Milan than other teams because they are the team to beat.

If you've never seen USJ or JCS...or any of the private school in Jackson play, then you really have no idea what they were up against these two weeks. Milan is a speed group, we all know that. Those two teams...passing clubs. No Milan didn't win either of them pretty....but they got the job done and got a W.

So why exactly is everyone still so adamant that Milan does not deserve their number two spot. I now pose the question to you "haters" we shall say.....

Who DOES deserve this Number two spot????

I will agree and disagree with you on different parts. I respect Milan as a school and a football team as Ive never heard of any trouble coming from there and usually they put out a pretty decent team. I think the toughest game Alcoa plays every year is Maryville, mainly because of the physical and mental preparation they put themselves though all summer long. Now of course if Alcoa and Milan were to play it would be for a State Championship and nothing less. Honestly though, and taking nothing away from Milan, Alcoa is currently on a high and is playing at a different level then All 2A teams and most teams in Tennessee period. I wouldnt expect to see a 42-6 score against Milan but a 2 score (TD-FG or TD-TD you choose) win by Alcoa would still be what I put my money on. You refer to Milan as a "speed group" in which they might very well be a fast team, but the speed that Alcoa has on the turf at the Boro goes without mention. The best way to practice for alcoa is to put a bunch of midgets on motorcycles and see if your team and run them down and knock them of. I just hope for once I can spend $5-$10 and watch more then a half of football. Ive stopped going to Alcoa away games for that reason