Milan are they really No 2 in AA

nob4upost

I will agree and disagree with you on different parts. I respect Milan as a school and a football team as Ive never heard of any trouble coming from there and usually they put out a pretty decent team. I think the toughest game Alcoa plays every year is Maryville, mainly because of the physical and mental preparation they put themselves though all summer long. Now of course if Alcoa and Milan were to play it would be for a State Championship and nothing less. Honestly though, and taking nothing away from Milan, Alcoa is currently on a high and is playing at a different level then All 2A teams and most teams in Tennessee period. I wouldnt expect to see a 42-6 score against Milan but a 2 score (TD-FG or TD-TD you choose) win by Alcoa would still be what I put my money on. You refer to Milan as a "speed group" in which they might very well be a fast team, but the speed that Alcoa has on the turf at the Boro goes without mention. The best way to practice for alcoa is to put a bunch of midgets on motorcycles and see if your team and run them down and knock them of. I just hope for once I can spend $5-$10 and watch more then a half of football. Ive stopped going to Alcoa away games for that reason

I'm not trying to take anything away from Alcoa. Personally I've never seen them, but I do have family in east TN who has and ironically their football team was the last 2A team to beat Alcoa oh 5 or 6 years ago I believe. (Rockwood around 2003-2004...but don't hold me to that)

Anywho, if you're not a Milan faithful however, you've never seen Milan play when all odds are against them. Case in Point 1999 against Portland. Now I realize we don't have the same group we had then....but I do know how much our guys put themselves into a game when they are the underdogs....no pun intended. So I personally don't expect a blowout as 42-6. I don't think it'll be extremely close either. But I wouldn't count our boys to just sit back and let them blow us out of the water.

Who knows....I sure hope to find out however! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Hope to see you in the 'Boro!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They haven't played a 1A team this year. They have only had 1 game decided by less than 2 td's, and that was to a top 10 team. Their last 2 games were against teams that throw the ball 40+ times a game. Some of the throws that were completed were great, but probably would have been incomplete 70% of the time. For example, JCS scores on a 59 yard td. It was 3rd down and like 30 for a 1st down. Our DB breaks on the pass to intercept and misses. JCS deserves credit, and I am not trying to take any away. The point is when you play teams like that, they are going to score.

Not to disrespect anyone involved but USJ and JCS should be Single A teams enrollement wise.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Alcoa. Personally I've never seen them, but I do have family in east TN who has and ironically their football team was the last 2A team to beat Alcoa oh 5 or 6 years ago I believe. (Rockwood around 2003-2004...but don't hold me to that)

Anywho, if you're not a Milan faithful however, you've never seen Milan play when all odds are against them. Case in Point 1999 against Portland. Now I realize we don't have the same group we had then....but I do know how much our guys put themselves into a game when they are the underdogs....no pun intended. So I personally don't expect a blowout as 42-6. I don't think it'll be extremely close either. But I wouldn't count our boys to just sit back and let them blow us out of the water.

Who knows....I sure hope to find out however! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Hope to see you in the 'Boro!

I could be wrong, but I don't remember Milan being an underdog in '99. That was the undefeated season. I thought we were #1 in the polls from start to finish. In '98 however, we were picked to lose every play-off game. Obviously that did not happen.

I could be wrong, but I don't remember Milan being an underdog in '99. That was the undefeated season. I thought we were #1 in the polls from start to finish. In '98 however, we were picked to lose every play-off game. Obviously that did not happen.

Nope Milan was ranked No. 2. I double checked my scrapbook that I made that year and confirmed that Milan was No. 2 while Portland was ranked No. 1

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Milan isn't the no. 2 team in 2AA. I think there is a couple of Mid/Eastern teams better than them, but I guess we wont find out do to Alcoa being at the end of the road for them. As far as in the west, you guys probably are the best team out of there.

how about both of you get there first then start the topic...still have 6 games to go...4 years ago dyersburg went undefeated in the regular season in 3a and everyone expected them to go to state..they lost in the opening round...get over yourself...i've seen milan play this year and they have a good team...i haven't seen alcoa play but i'm sure as in the past they have a good team too..but how about you worry about the week 9 opponent...BUT...to answer the topic, milan is a top 5 team, and i'm sure alcoa is too