Greenfield vs. Union City

volfan007

When Speed Is Running The Option Don't Follow The Play To See What Happens. Attack And Force Him Back To The Inside. His Passing Is Adequate And Effective But It Aint Pretty. Cover Your Man. Don't Get Caught Watching The Game Get Involved. SF Would Attack And Then They Wouldn't. They Would Cover And Then Turn The Receiver Loose. And When The Play Wasn't On Either Side The Other Side Was Standing Around Watching Instead Of Pursuing.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Speed Is Running The Option Don't Follow The Play To See What Happens. Attack And Force Him Back To The Inside. His Passing Is Adequate And Effective But It Aint Pretty. Cover Your Man. Don't Get Caught Watching The Game Get Involved. SF Would Attack And Then They Wouldn't. They Would Cover And Then Turn The Receiver Loose. And When The Play Wasn't On Either Side The Other Side Was Standing Around Watching Instead Of Pursuing.

When Speed is running you can't help but watch the play. If you can't stop it you just as well watch it! This seems to be a very good defensive scheme and I know no one else has thought about it but the O line might have a little input on the theory. Pursuit does no good when you are already there. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LOL, It Was Like Come On Over Here And MeanWhile He's Gaining Yards. And The Next Play They'd Over Run Him And Be Visciuos About It.

IT is pick your poison! 3 TD 174 yards and it was the O line that made it possible! Hit and hit hard a few times but UC won by decent numbers. Not taking anything away from SF because they are a good football team

Look, the game is over....whether Speed goes up the middle or on the outside he has "speed".

Yes, he can RUN the ball right up the middle...he know how to look for the holes.

Folks, one thing you have to realize.....like P & G has said, Union City HAS NOT had a great game yet. They win with turnovers, penalties even on their own team, but beware, the game we go with very few mistakes....look out!!

I just have a feeling that this game will come in the playoffs when it will count.

Also, word is coach Kennedy had his first surgery today around noon and will have at least 3 more in the next few weeks.

Sounds like he will be in Memphis for some time to come. Let all keep him and his family in our prayers.

I Beg To Differ, His Yardage Wasn't Up The Middle.

I agree, he did not gain anything up the middle, and did not gain much on the outside until late in the 3rd Q against SF. SF defense gave up too soon but was very discouraged when they could not produce any offense. Take away a couple stupid penalties on long 3rd down and hitting the punter on 4th down the score should have been a lot closer. Not making any excuses just pointing out we should have kept the game much closer. Does Greenfield have a chance? Yes but like SF they can't make any critical mistakes and must pass pass pass. If they do it will be a close game.

I agree, he did not gain anything up the middle, and did not gain much on the outside until late in the 3rd Q against SF. SF defense gave up too soon but was very discouraged when they could not produce any offense. Take away a couple stupid penalties on long 3rd down and hitting the punter on 4th down the score should have been a lot closer. Not making any excuses just pointing out we should have kept the game much closer. Does Greenfield have a chance? Yes but like SF they can't make any critical mistakes and must pass pass pass. If they do it will be a close game.

I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one thinks it will be a close game!

I'm not really seeing the relevance of where Colton got his yardage....He had 18 rushes for 171 yards for a 9 1/2 average per rush...That's actually not stopping him too much....

I noticed one telling stat in the game...UC's defense didn't allow any SF player to rush for more than 9 yards and the unit as a whole stuffed 23 of SF's 35 running plays to 2 yards or less...As a whole SF gained 48 yards rushing on 35 attempts...1.37 yards per rush...That's stopping someone...What UC has done in effect is force teams to be one dimensional...SF did pass for 139 yards but 51 of it was on one play....

UC rushed for 309 yards on 42 attempts......7.4 yards per carry....They totaled 336 yards on the night...

I'm not really seeing the relevance of where Colton got his yardage....He had 18 rushes for 171 yards for a 9 1/2 average per rush...That's actually not stopping him too much....

I noticed one telling stat in the game...UC's defense didn't allow any SF player to rush for more than 9 yards and the unit as a whole stuffed 23 of SF's 35 running plays to 2 yards or less...As a whole SF gained 48 yards rushing on 35 attempts...1.37 yards per rush...That's stopping someone...What UC has done in effect is force teams to be one dimensional...SF did pass for 139 yards but 51 of it was on one play....

UC rushed for 309 yards on 42 attempts......7.4 yards per carry....They totaled 336 yards on the night...

I'm going with Union City 32-14 basically because Greenfield hasn't shown me they can score against the stronger defensive teams..Although I believe the Jackets will score against us when we play..will have more trouble running against U.C...I'm just hoping we'll outscore teams..As bad as I hate..And I hope I'm wrong..Go Jackets..If if that were to happen..could knock Lake Co out of the playoffs...But..if that's how the cookie crumbles..if a team finishes with a better record..that's just the way it goes...Go Jackets! And before U.C. posters get on me..that I'm for Greenfield because we couldn't do it..Again..Go Jackets..!