Science Hill Vs. Campbell County

JcToPpEr103803

good point. our o line has been pretty good but the last few games they have had too many false starts and other penalltys. i would like to see pritchard play alittle more on fridays . he plays real well on mondays for jv. lets hope ss will get the o fired up with 3 weeks left. i don't know what campbell county has done this season. but our defense will be ready friday my pick

science hill 17

campbell co 10

good luck toppers

IMO the O is confused as we have had too many penalties as too many of the players are looking to the sideline or their arm bands while time slips away. It is hard to execute if you just figured out what the play is as the ball is snapped or worse yet not knowing at all. Early in the season it seemed that the plays were known and the O just lined up and played the game but lately not so much. When yards are needed and the play is called quickly they seem to be able to get it done. Simplify the play calling a little and I believe the Toppers offense will come back to life.

Good Luck Toppers, Keep working hard.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a big campbell county fan and past player i can say that this is probably the best team that CC has ever had they have a well coached defense and a high power offense averaging 35 points a game all i can say is good luck SH cuz they wont need the hook and ladder to beat yall this year.

The hook and latter was just the last nail in the coffin. Sure it was a huge play on 4th down, and I doubt they would've won without it, but at the same time, I look at how CC bounced back from a couple big turnovers when they were in scoring range. Their defense came out and stopped our O, and when they got the ball back they continued to be aggressive and take shots downfield. A high powered offense vs. a good defense? Look at the Super Bowl that featured the high powered offense of the Oakland Raiders vs the defense of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Raiders still haven't recovered from that loss... so I'd be careful before you give the Toppers some bulletin board material. They're playing at home, they're not looking past CC, and they need this win. With 3 WRs done for the year with ACL injuries, Isaac is going to be running alot more this Friday, and he is tough to stop. Armando Canepa has been in a bit of a slump offensively, but Coach Smith hasn't been calling his number as much either. BTW, our top WR is still out there and at 6'6, he doesn't lose jump balls. The worst thing that happens to Larry Smith #1 on a jump ball, is an incompletion. He pulls it in, and we're guaranteed 20 yds at least. He won't wow anyone with his speed, but his soft hands and size make him a more than easy target for Isaac to hit. On defense, we always have a strong D, and with Coach Smith's scheme that involves constant movement, we're going to draw somebody on a false start. If that doesn't happen, you better hope its a running play or your QB is going to learn the names of #51 Jeff Green, #42 Jordan Alexander, #58 Will Rentel, and #45 Logan Honeycutt in a hurry.

Good luck, but Toppers by 7 on account of they are playing at home and don't have to make the strenuous drive to Jacksboro.

This should be a very interesting game. SH has played a much more difficult schedule to this point, with key wins over Elizabethton, Morristown West, and Tennessee High ("good" losses against Sullivan South and Bearden). CC has only beaten one team with a winning record (Powell), which was during week 1 ("good" losses against Clinton and Bearden).

CC finally faced a good defense (Bearden), and we saw the outcome of that game. Since both teams still have to face DB, this is a big one. If CC does not win, they may miss the playoffs. I think that there is much more pressure on the shoulders of the Cougars, since CC has only 1 region win. There is a good chance that 2 region wins won't be enough to earn a playoff berth. The Cougars are having a great season, but this is their make-or-break game. Win or lose, SH's defense will be the difference.

My prediction:

Science Hill 17 - Campbell County 14

CAMPBELL CO WILL SHOW UP PUMPED UP AND READY TO STRIKE . THEY NEED THIS WIN TO REMAIN PLAYOFF HOPEFUL. SCIENCE HILL DEFENCE HAS PLAYED REALLY WELL AND NEEDS THE OFFENCE TO PUT UP NUMBERS AND GIVE THEM A BREATHER. LOOKS LIKE THE WEATHER WILL BE RAINY AND CHILLY LOVE THOSE OCTOBER FRIDAY NIGHTS.

TOPPERS BY 7 GOOD LUCK TOPPERS.

CAMPBELL CO WILL SHOW UP PUMPED UP AND READY TO STRIKE . THEY NEED THIS WIN TO REMAIN PLAYOFF HOPEFUL. SCIENCE HILL DEFENCE HAS PLAYED REALLY WELL AND NEEDS THE OFFENCE TO PUT UP NUMBERS AND GIVE THEM A BREATHER. LOOKS LIKE THE WEATHER WILL BE RAINY AND CHILLY LOVE THOSE OCTOBER FRIDAY NIGHTS.

TOPPERS BY 7 GOOD LUCK TOPPERS.

Last season, the Toppers came out flat against the Cougars. If guys weren't sleeping, there was alot of playing around on the team buses, and alot of guys were not mentally prepared. Campbell County fought, scrapped, and made the big plays when it counted. The Toppers? They essentially lost their season that was already in doubt, a QB, and alot of confidence. However, that said, I simply cannot see Campbell County coming to Johnson City and beating the Toppers. The last time that they beat the Toppers at home, they scored 4 Tds in a row when most of the Topper crowd had already hit the road thinking that we had the win in the bag. CC also had a man in the backfield by the name of Chris Johnson. I still haven't forgotten about him, he was electric. The thing is, this Topper team knows what is at stake. They know that this game can make or break their season, and Coach Smith is going to make it seem like the USC Trojans are coming to town. With 3 WR's done for the year, Coach Smith will hopefully rely on the legs of Isaac Kinley #5, Armando Canepa #2, and Ryan Mitchell #23. These guys have been getting the job done consistently on the ground, but lets not forget about big Larry Smith #1 (6'6) either. Find me a defensive back who can stop him on the fade consistently, and I'll find that kid a college scholarship.

Enough about the offense, lets talk D. I hope the weather is rainy and chilly, because there are some mean kids who will play better in these conditions. #51 Jeff Green is this year's Aaron Trent, #45 Logan Honeycutt got time as a sophomore last year, established himself, and he eats up most ballcarriers. The scary thing is, he will only get better. A transfer #32 Bo Delgraccio (spelling?) has been kickin butt and takin names. He's the nasty type that SH hasn't really had in years past. #86 Zach Jordan is a 3 year starter who is enjoying his senior campaign and is looked to for leadership. Josh Lewis #44, is the smallest nosetackle in the state, but he plays big and thats what matters. #58 Will Rentel, #42 Jordan Alexander, and #54 Seth Williams always bring the heat on the defensive line, look for them all to have solid efforts. The secondary, techically, should be suffering from the loss of #7 Wes Forbush and #8 Corey Macpherson, but #4 Daniel Norris plays the most pressure packed position when in the game on offense (QB), so playing corner is easier on him. From what I've seen, he is more than able. #3 R.J. Jackson, a transfer who played JV last year, had 4 picks in his 1st JV game, and after struggling early this year in man coverage, and a suspension issue, he had a pick in his 1st game back at the CB position and took it 100 yds, unfortunately it was called back. One more player left in the secondary: #5 Isaac Kinley. Isaac, a 3 year starter, has been moved around alot. He can't be labeled as a position player because he has been a WR, RB, and CB in his career, and this season the workload has increased as he is the QB/RB though Armando and Ryan get their carries, the punter, and the starting FS. He also returns kicks. The only thing he hasn't done is poor the water and tape his teammates ankles. If the field is slippery, Isaac will have a field day. He is the most balanced player I have ever seen, there have been countless moments in his career when I figured he'd be down, only to have him stick a hand out, get himself upright, and keep getting the yards. Campbell County will compete, they will score, and they will play good D, but they won't get the W. The W is what counts.

Toppers by 7. Don't underestimate the Cougars guys, this is a good team coming to Johnson City and they're going to hit. So hit harder.

Sorry Toppers but I believe Campbell County once again steals another w from you guys! I will be pulling for you guys but something tells me that a big mistake late in the game will be the differance, hope I am wrong! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

S. Hill - 21

CC - 27

ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!!