Oct 17: 1-6 (1-3) Monterey @ 4-3 (1-3) Clay Co.

panther14

Ok, so I was wrong about the "G-men" game last night. Congrats to the Tigers on their win, but MHS played GREAT as well.

On to next Friday night.

The 'Cats of Monterey travel to Clay County, aka Celina, to battle it out against the Bulldogs of Clay County High School, at, dare I say it, the DOGPOUND! Monterey comes in after a last second heart-breaker loss to Gordonsville. Their offense has put up 110 on the board while their defense has given up 201, they are averaging 16 ppg. Their opponents record is 32-17. C.H. (I'm not sure about coachT's policy about saying specific names on this board) continues to improve as the MHS QB, throwing better and better. Now, however, their defensive line gave up some key yardage against G-ville, we'll see.

On the other side of the field, the upstart Bulldogs took a pounding from the yellow jackets last night @ Trousdale County (58-15). Now they have scored 208 points, while giving up 136. They are averaging 30 ppg. Their opponents record, except for Taft, is 23-19. The Bulldogs will look to score early and often on the 'Cats, but conventional wisdom says that after a heart-breaker, the team either plays great or plays really bad and without emotion. On the flip side, a team that gets drilled is mostly out for blood.

So, let's have those predictions, and see who all will chime in here from eastern Putnam County, and from Clay County.

Ummm, tough one...... in the words of Sam Beckett on Quantum Leap, .."Ohhhh Boy"

ok, got it...

MHS 26

Clay Co. 24

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you cant pick winners by looking at averages. mhs has a good sweep run play until adjustments are made at halftime . it works well for a shot time. it worked well on us. if clay co. has a runner like ghs you will have another long night. this game will be close all the way. yet to see clay play so cant call this one. i will have to wait and see how you all stack up because we have them week 10. good luck.

you cant pick winners by looking at averages. mhs has a good sweep run play until adjustments are made at halftime . it works well for a shot time. it worked well on us. if clay co. has a runner like ghs you will have another long night. this game will be close all the way. yet to see clay play so cant call this one. i will have to wait and see how you all stack up because we have them week 10. good luck.

I don't. Period. I make predictions based PARTLY on the numbers, and PARTLY on the info I read, see, or hear on TV or radio.

That being said, who ya got?????

I don't. Period. I make predictions based PARTLY on the numbers, and PARTLY on the info I read, see, or hear on TV or radio.

That being said, who ya got?????

who do i got? ok, its like this. i will have to take mhs. but your kicker will have to be able to kick the ball. is he ok?

Tough game to predict. Looking at their games against FCS they are pretty even Clay losing 0-28, and Monterey 7-35. Monterey played a much better game against Trousdale than Clay did, but in the end I don't guess that amounts to much. Monterey is 1-6 overall, while the Bulldogs are 4-3, but the Wildcats have played a tougher schedule. Clay has had several key injuries. I can't speak for Monterey other than reading about their kicker above. Both teams prefer the ground game, because both teams are limited when it comes to the pass. Last years game was won by Monterey 7-0. This one will come down to defense again. Who can stop the run? You know that its coming from both teams. I hate to do it, but I pick the Bulldogs 14-7.

Well, The Tennessean picked Clay Co. to win.

I haven't seen Clay Co. or Monterey for that matter as I wasn't able to attend the game last week.

But, I like Monterey in this game.

I also read in the Herald Citizen that Monterey has a new kicker that they're trying to get eligible, and it said he was booming the ball in practice.

I look for Monterey to come out hungry fighting for a chance at a playoff spot.