Region 5 Vs. Region 6

Orangefanallday

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says Cascade is luc...I mean first. Just kidding. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oh wow! Of all the people, I never thought Moto would play the lucky card. Surely you were just joking. Luck played no part whatsoever in that one and you know it. If luck factored, then No. 7 would have caught the game-winner the play before. Work with me now. I've got respect for all the JB clan. Good crowd. Knowledgable fan base. I think you were joking though. So, we'll just laugh together on this one. Good luck in the playoffs against MC or whomever.

Oh wow! Of all the people, I never thought Moto would play the lucky card. Surely you were just joking. Luck played no part whatsoever in that one and you know it. If luck factored, then No. 7 would have caught the game-winner the play before. Work with me now. I've got respect for all the JB clan. Good crowd. Knowledgable fan base. I think you were joking though. So, we'll just laugh together on this one. Good luck in the playoffs against MC or whomever.

Definitely a joke. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

moore county had improved A LOT, but im not sure anymore after there game with zion.

I don't know what happened at MC but they almost lost to Cornersville also. That is crazy. Maybe they been spending to much time at the Jack Daniels distillery. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I hope with the way they are playing that CA gets in. They are competitive.

I don't know what happened at MC but they almost lost to Cornersville also. That is crazy. Maybe they been spending to much time at the Jack Daniels distillery. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I hope with the way they are playing that CA gets in. They are competitive.

i think i might take back what i said about moore county, they started off bad, got better, then they've gotten worse again...i mean beating the bottom 2 teams by a combination score of 4, although it is a win, its not convincing.

i think i might take back what i said about moore county, they started off bad, got better, then they've gotten worse again...i mean beating the bottom 2 teams by a combination score of 4, although it is a win, its not convincing.

If Wayne Co wins on Thursday like I assume they will then the game between JB/ Mcewen on Friday night will decide alot about how many teams from each region gets to the second round. This is how I see it being set up for the first round.

Cascade vs Columbia Academy

JB vs Moore County

Mcewen @ MTP

Forrest @ Wayne Co.

I see the possibility of a sweep by region 5. I know this is a homer pick but hear me out first. I do not know a whole lot about CA but I do not see Cascade having any problems with them. If I am correct Moore County did beat them right? JB should hae zero problem with MC. Mcewen will be a tough draw for whoever gets them first round. If they beat JB this week then it sends JB to MTP so it gets even more complicated. As for the Wayne Couny game, I am not sure if they can be beat first round but if Forrest beats MTCS I think they give the better shot at going to WC and pulling out the win due to their size and depth. After Friday night all the matchups will be set in stone so for now I am only speculating.

Definitely a joke. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hear ya MOTO. It's all good buddy! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think some people are confusing talent and balance in both the regions. The 2008 class as a whole took with it numerous outstanding athletes. Several schools have had to replace some of the better players their schools have ever had (Reeves, Dailey, Armstrong, Spann, etc.). Teams like MTC, Eagleville and Forrest are much improved. No way that Cascade, Jo Byrns and Mt. Pleasant are nearly as talented as they were a year ago. The Tigers have had to be more balanced without two-time Mr. Football. The Red Devils can't pass the ball with near the efficiency. The Champion defense is thinner and their O-line can't touch last year's.

This may sound weird, but the graduation of that talent doesn't necessarily mean that the 2008 teams are worse than last year's. As someone else mentioned, being battle tested thanks to a more balanced region definitely helps all involved. When the chips are down in the playoffs it takes some testicular fortitude to produce with your season on the line. When teams were winning 63-19 last year, there wasn't much room to ready for that atmosphere or situation. This year is entirely different.

It's really tough to tell which region is better between 5 & 6. I do know Moore County was absolutely handled in both their games against Region 5, but that was a long time ago. They were still adjusting to a new coach and injuries change things over the course of the season. We'll find our answers in the weeks ahead. I, for one, am pumped to see who does what in this year's bracket, much less predictable. What's even more exciting is that several of the Top 10 teams will take each other out on the way to the 'Boro. If the 5-6 winner can take out a Union City or somebody alike, we could be up for a showdown with South Pitt. That one wouldn't be in our favor but it dang sure would be nice to be sitting there in early December.

Moore County has really had an interesting year. They get abused by Eagleville and Cascade then beat WC. Now they almost loose to celler dwellers Zion and Cornersville, although Zion is a much improved team there is no way Cornersville should have been close. Then looking at Perry County, they played MTCS a good game even though they have only won against a horrible Huntland team, Zion and Cornersville. MTCS plays JB a really good game and is competitive in all their games. It's a hard call this year on the region matchups this year just looking at the games that have been played already between region 5 and 6.

If Wayne Co wins on Thursday like I assume they will then the game between JB/ Mcewen on Friday night will decide alot about how many teams from each region gets to the second round. This is how I see it being set up for the first round.

Cascade vs Columbia Academy

JB vs Moore County

Mcewen @ MTP

Forrest @ Wayne Co.

I see the possibility of a sweep by region 5. I know this is a homer pick but hear me out first. I do not know a whole lot about CA but I do not see Cascade having any problems with them. If I am correct Moore County did beat them right? JB should hae zero problem with MC. Mcewen will be a tough draw for whoever gets them first round. If they beat JB this week then it sends JB to MTP so it gets even more complicated. As for the Wayne Couny game, I am not sure if they can be beat first round but if Forrest beats MTCS I think they give the better shot at going to WC and pulling out the win due to their size and depth. After Friday night all the matchups will be set in stone so for now I am only speculating.

No way Region 5 sweeps