Region 5 Vs. Region 6

Orangefanallday

This thing was about to drop out of the bottom of the queue...

Last night's C'wood vs. Waynesboro game came out as predicted. We'll know for sure tonight but this is what it looks like going into tonight??™s games.

Cascade vs Columbia Academy

JB vs Moore County

McEwen @ MTP

Forrest @ Wayne Co.

McEwen is playing good ball right now and has improved a lot as the season has progressed. They are too one dimensional (no passing game) to beat Jo Byrns tonight but they will give them a good game. I believe I would rather go on the road and face Mt Pleasant than stay home and play Moore Co. Moore Co. is a dangerous team because you don't know which Moore Co. team will show up to play. If it's the one that played Wayne Co. mid-season then Jo Byrns (or McEwen) will have problems. Forrest should beat MTCS tonight and will give Wayne Co. trouble. They (Forrest) have the best material in either Region; size, numbers, speed, etc... They haven't put it all together yet this year. They should have beaten Jo Byrns and could have beaten Cascade if they had played a little smarter. Forrest could take down Wayne Co. Cascade should beat Columbia Academy with out a lot of trouble. I say all that to say this... this is the best chance in years for a sweep by either Region... Region 5 could do it this year.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be honest this is probably the best year in a long time for a region 5 sweep. That being said I still don't think that it will happen. I have to say that it definitely been a topsy turvy year for teams in both regions. Speculating on who we will play just makes my head hurt. After tonight everyone will know no questions asked. I expect that after tonight that this thread won't get buried again because both regions have there ardent supporters. The question is will each regions teams support each other or will bad in season blood cause a rift? As for me I will say Good Luck Champions(see 11, I captialized it), Devils, Warriors(after tonight, of course) and Rockets(or if I'm wrong Cougars). GO Region 5

you all from region 5 kill me every year is the year for a reon 5 sweep , and it never happens this year is no different go ahead and discount region 6 all you want mtp and wc will not be easy outs at home i have a feeling alot of you think since wayne county loss to moore county and moore county was easly handled by a couple region 5 teams that the region is somehow down go ahead and belive that more than likely its going to be a 2-2 split

you all from region 5 kill me every year is the year for a reon 5 sweep , and it never happens this year is no different go ahead and discount region 6 all you want mtp and wc will not be easy outs at home i have a feeling alot of you think since wayne county loss to moore county and moore county was easly handled by a couple region 5 teams that the region is somehow down go ahead and belive that more than likely its going to be a 2-2 split

You all from region 6 have your share of posters who predict a sweep as well. 2-2 split while it could happen it is the safe bet. I don't get into all of that common opponet crap either I much prefer comparing them to our offensive and defensive schemes. We have proved that we have a pretty good defense against most offenses.

You all from region 6 have your share of posters who predict a sweep as well. 2-2 split while it could happen it is the safe bet. I don't get into all of that common opponet crap either I much prefer comparing them to our offensive and defensive schemes. We have proved that we have a pretty good defense against most offenses.

One of Mt. Pleasant's and Wayne Co. losses is to Lewis Co. Let me tell you,without taking away anything from Reg. 5,but the no. 3 team in 2a has one of the best around and MP and WC gave them all they wanted. Reg. 6 has good defenses also. All the games will be tighter than exspected.

This thing was about to drop out of the bottom of the queue...

Last night's C'wood vs. Waynesboro game came out as predicted. We'll know for sure tonight but this is what it looks like going into tonight??™s games.

Cascade vs Columbia Academy

JB vs Moore County

McEwen @ MTP

Forrest @ Wayne Co.

McEwen is playing good ball right now and has improved a lot as the season has progressed. They are too one dimensional (no passing game) to beat Jo Byrns tonight but they will give them a good game. I believe I would rather go on the road and face Mt Pleasant than stay home and play Moore Co. Moore Co. is a dangerous team because you don't know which Moore Co. team will show up to play. If it's the one that played Wayne Co. mid-season then Jo Byrns (or McEwen) will have problems. Forrest should beat MTCS tonight and will give Wayne Co. trouble. They (Forrest) have the best material in either Region; size, numbers, speed, etc... They haven't put it all together yet this year. They should have beaten Jo Byrns and could have beaten Cascade if they had played a little smarter. Forrest could take down Wayne Co. Cascade should beat Columbia Academy with out a lot of trouble. I say all that to say this... this is the best chance in years for a sweep by either Region... Region 5 could do it this year.

You would rather travel to MP than play MC at your place???? That's a real head scratcher!!?? I hope you get your wish.

One of Mt. Pleasant's and Wayne Co. losses is to Lewis Co. Let me tell you,without taking away anything from Reg. 5,but the no. 3 team in 2a has one of the best around and MP and WC gave them all they wanted. Reg. 6 has good defenses also. All the games will be tighter than exspected.

Trust me I'm not predicting blow outs I think that all of the games will be hard fought and close. On know that the last few year MTP has been our down fall we are justing hoping for a different outcome this year.

It should be some good games....region 5 looks kinda tough this year, while region 6 is the SEC of high school football.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Your joking right? Maybe 2A - 5A, not 1A. I think you have to be east of Nashville and west of Knoxville to be considered the SEC or the Big 12.

Region 1A- C-USA

Region 2A- Big 10

Region 3A- Big 12

Region 4A- SEC

Region 5A- Pac 10

Region 6A- ACC

Region 7A- MAC

Region 8A- MWC

Couldn't resist. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Best of luck to all Region 5 and 6 teams in the up coming weeks. At least you don't have to play the Titans, errrr South Pitt, until the Championship game. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Btw, it's pretty impressive the number of post on these threads between the two Regions. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Couldn't resist. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Best of luck to all Region 5 and 6 teams in the up coming weeks. At least you don't have to play the Titans, errrr South Pitt, until the Championship game. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Btw, it's pretty impressive the number of post on these threads between the two Regions. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks we love our football that for sure. I have to agree with you about South Pitt thank goodness they are way out in East Tennessee.

Your joking right? Maybe 2A - 5A, not 1A. I think you have to be east of Nashville and west of Knoxville to be considered the SEC or the Big 12.

Region 1A- C-USA

Region 2A- Big 10

Region 3A- Big 12

Region 4A- SEC

Region 5A- Pac 10

Region 6A- ACC

Region 7A- MAC

Region 8A- MWC

You would have to switch region 3 and region 5...

Region 3 has 2 teams that are really good and everyone else stinks... region 5 has several teams that are above average similar to the big 12... region 1, if that is the east region that's not Greenback and Onieda, is probably more like the Sun Belt...