Big 9 Conference - Football

Big 9 Conference Football?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Big 9 Conference Football?

We play Gate City next year. Hide the women and children! Waco, is this "smart scheduling" or whatever you called it over in GC? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Well I haven't been paying attention to who South has comming back next year or what they have comming up. Is South supposed to be down next year? If not this is a major ____up at Gate City.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South - 44

Gate City - 0

I never thought I'd say this, but I like that score! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Actually, I'm kinda surprised this game is going down. 1) I'm surprised we did it, other than the gate, my God it will be a huge gate, it's a no-win situation for us 2) I'm surprised they scheduled us, but I guess they figure they won't run into any more of a buzz saw than they did with Gretna last year. It'll be interesting to say the least.

I never thought I'd say this, but I like that score! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Actually, I'm kinda surprised this game is going down. 1) I'm surprised we did it, other than the gate, my God it will be a huge gate, it's a no-win situation for us 2) I'm surprised they scheduled us, but I guess they figure they won't run into any more of a buzz saw than they did with Gretna last year. It'll be interesting to say the least.

U R rite.What a gate indeed.They will shut down Gate City for that game so everbody can go. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

U R rite.What a gate indeed.They will shut down Gate City for that game so everbody can go. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You really think they will shut down the Pals AND the Pizza Hut??? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> hehehe

I have seen several points on this and other threads about the impending mismatch of Gate City and South. According to www.greatschools.net, GCHS has 510 students in grades 10 - 12. While certainly not the size of South, I suspect this number, corrected to include freshmen as is done in Tennessee would make them comparable to G'ville, Betsy, and some of the others in the current 4A classification. Also, the same website shows 712 students in grades 9 - 12 for Virginia High. I have always been a little confused on how VA assigns football classifications. Does anyone have a simplified explanation? Thanks.