Greenbrier Vs. Pearl Cohn

FootballAce

Pearl Cohn is a team that is tailor made to stop the Wing-T offense. You can run the belly, trap, and weakside iso to death but they are going to have some well coached athletic linebackers hitting it up in there to shut it down. Greenbrier can't run their sweep against the Firebirds. They are entirely too fast on the perimeter. Head is going to have to complete some passes for Greenbrier to have success and I just don't think it happens against the Firebirds.

Offensively the Firebirds are hurting at key positions and Greenbrier's well coached defense can limit them. Pearl Cohn will hit a couple of big plays deep due to their athletic advantage. Outside of that I think Greenbrier can hold their own.

Pearl Cohn: 14

Greenbrier: 7

I look for the Firebirds to score once offensively and once defensively in this one. Ziegler will again find yardage very difficult to come by against the Firebirds defense. Roberts & Fitzgerald are a couple of outstanding linebackers. If you look you'll see that despite their overall record nobody has really just been able to HURT the Firebirds defense by running at them.

I don't know. Payne from White House didn't really seem to have a ton of trouble scoring 3 of his 4 touchdowns plus a 2-point conversion running at, through and around the Firebirds defense. The 55 yarder to start the 2nd half was proof of that all by itself. Therefore, I DO believe Greenbrier can run on PC. If Greenbrier has a secondary at all, I think they will give the qb from PC a hard time throwing it as well. AND before I get jumped on, this is my opinion which I believe I'm entitled to.....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. Payne from White House didn't really seem to have a ton of trouble scoring 3 of his 4 touchdowns plus a 2-point conversion running at, through and around the Firebirds defense. The 55 yarder to start the 2nd half was proof of that all by itself. Therefore, I DO believe Greenbrier can run on PC. If Greenbrier has a secondary at all, I think they will give the qb from PC a hard time throwing it as well. AND before I get jumped on, this is my opinion which I believe I'm entitled to.....

I wouldn't jump on you at all for that. That's a very good posting.

Trezevant: 32 carries for 110 yards

Maplewood: 17 carries for 39 yards

Macon Co.: 35 carries for 66 yards

Whites Creek: 19 carries for 262 yards

Sycamore: 43 carries for 95 yards

Stratford: 5 carries for 12 yards

DeKalb Co.: 19 carries for 8 yards

White House: 25 carries for 139 yards

Outside of Whites Creek (4A Playoff Team) & White House (3A Top 10 Team) there has been nobody that has just ran the football on Pearl Cohn. Hagan & Cantrell didn't even run it against PC when Maplewood played them. Parks had a career night receiving but had you seen Maplewood play Hillsboro on Thursday night a few weeks ago then you could obviously see why that was the case. Greenbrier doesn't have a guy like #88 for Maplewood I can promise you.

DeKalb Co. & Stratford are both spread teams that love to throw it. That explains their 24 carries for 20 yards between the two of them. Greenbrier can't throw the football anywhere nearly as effective as these two offenses.

Macon Co. & Sycamore are teams that can throw it but would assume to run it. Both of those two teams are the most similar to Greenbrier of anyone on the list. Their combined totals would give a sum of the following:

78 carries for 161 yards

Would you be willing to go against the fact that Greenbrier is not similar to Sycamore and/or Macon Co. this season?????? That is why at the most you can expect Greenbrier to score ONCE against the Pearl Cohn defense. Aside from that you can forget about it. Pearl Cohn's offense does have the ability to get shutdown as they did against both Macon & Sycamore. I am not going to dispute that argument. I will dispute if you think Greenbrier is going to run it up & down the field against the Firebirds defense. NO WAY!!!!

I know that Greenbrier is not Maplewood, Whites Creek, or White House. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!

From what I've seen of PC they look a little small. Is that a fair statement?

The traditional Pearl Cohn teams have depended on size (300 + pound linemen) and power. The last two years the Firebirds have gone to a smaller team that relies more on quickness.

That's why defensively they have gone from a 50 to a 4-2-5.

Thanks EZ. I'll try to catch up with you tomorrow night if I make it.

Go Cats! Stay focused and do your BEST. That's what counts.

Good luck Cats. Play with pride and show everyone that your season is not over. And tell PC's band to shut up and get in their seats before the end of the 1st quarter.

Good luck Cats. Play with pride and show everyone that your season is not over. And tell PC's band to shut up and get in their seats before the end of the 1st quarter.

YEAH,PEARL'S BAND PLAYED AS LOUD AS THEY COULD THE WHOLE FIRST HALF,WELL AS THE SCORE SHOWED IT DIDN"T AFFECT OUR CONCENTRATION ON OFFENSE.GOOD LUCK GREENBRIER AND DON"T TRY TO RUN IT UP THE GUT ON #78,TRUST ME!