The Sequatchie Valley

jhoutsider

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is the Ambassador, I'm the King, and you are the walls in our mansions.

Lol. And I found the definition of Manchild.

Manchild-(noun)(pronounced man-child) A young man or athlete that embarrasses your team and completely dominates on the basketball court; Kevin Butner

If thats the def then 2 words Zeph Guyear /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well Well Well, it looks like it's that time a year again, I'm going to see if i can stay out of the principal's office this year. I, like Silky, had to create a new account. I'm a little behind so this may be lengthy.

First i just want to give my opinion on the best in the valley..

1) South Pitt.. A very good coach that is starting to turn install the mind set that needs to be there. He has awesome athletes starting with Terrell who is a stud of a player; JaJuan is a "manchild" down low these days, this kid has grown and gotten a ton stronger; Torry is a very good shooter and solid defender who loves the game, he will contribute huge as long as he limits mistakes; and Malcolm, i haven't seen this kid play in a couple of years but if he has improved on what he was before watch out. The new gym will be exciting and comforting not to mention the practices have to be better.

2) Marion... A huge boost with Ted deciding to play, the kid is amazing, and with the added size and strength he is going to be something special, get your tickets for the Teddy-o Show. Cody playing AAU ball in Nashville over the summer will be the best decision for his career he will ever make, this kid is a totally new player, if you want to watch D-1 talent in the valley this is him. Corpeio will straight D you up and frustrate you, i think his head is gettin where it needs to be and i think he will cut down on mistakes. Bailey and the others will have to step up if they want to be the best. Added help in the coaching staff with Ryan Phillips and Neil Nelson will help a lot. I think you will see a different attitude out of the Warriors of Marion this year.

3) Sequatchie.. I know very very little about them this year but they always produce basketball players there and they have an extremely good coach in Coach Smith, the man can flat out do it.

4) Grundy... Have very good players that fly under the radar and can beat anyone any night, and Holt is somewhat underrated as a motivator and coach in my opinion. Seagroves, Kreh, Butner, Tip, and Sartain are all solid and play well together. Watch out for Sartain to be the surprise player of the District, i said it first.

5) Bledsoe/Whitwell... I know zero about your teams this year other than the coaching staff at Whitwell. I think these two young men will be fine with experience because they got the best of both worlds from Roberts and Phillips while they played at Marion, the kids just have to buy in.

I, too, would like to give my greetings to Silky (cute name), Alumni4 and hoopitup10

If thats the def then 2 words Zeph Guyear /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

what is south pitt record under this coach? how has he done vs the chatt teams? was he at marion before? how did he do there? does his kids play hard for him?

what is south pitt record under this coach? how has he done vs the chatt teams? was he at marion before? how did he do there? does his kids play hard for him?

I'm not sure of his record but they are very competitive with the chattanooga teams.. He was the Marion's coach from 98-99 season til the 02-03 season where he had good teams just played very very tough competition.. From what i know of the program, he has kids now that are willing to learn, work hard and buy into his system. South Pittsburg has always relied on their talent with not much coaching, now they are learning how to play team ball along with their talent. Phillips is a good coach and will do good things for the Pirates.

Hey Pickandpoop. nice name btw, but i agree that Coach Phillips will do good things in SP.

As far as that Teddy Guyear and Kevin Butner thing..... I think thats the only thing that can stop Butner, Fouls.

And Teddy is too smart and takes care of the ball, plus he uses his body great in order to draw fouls. Thats just not a good match up due to that reason. And I am not trying to say that Butner doesn't play smart, cause he does but he plays soooooo aggressive. Now if they were playing pick up ball I'd love to see them go at each other.

You know what the name means and you know the end result, Buckets! anyway that's beside the point... You talk about wanting to see Teddy vs Butner... How about a little 3 on 3 round robin tournament with Corp, Ted and Cody for Marion, Terrel, Jajuan and Malcolm for SP, and Butner Sartain and Seagroves for Grundy..... Oh and something to add to my first post, it's a shame Boo Shrum isn't playing for Grundy this year, that kid is an absolute stud of a player, you might not see it in the stat column but if you watched him play or played with him you will know who he is i promise

Well Well Well, it looks like it's that time a year again, I'm going to see if i can stay out of the principal's office this year. I, like Silky, had to create a new account. I'm a little behind so this may be lengthy.

First i just want to give my opinion on the best in the valley..

1) South Pitt.. A very good coach that is starting to turn install the mind set that needs to be there. He has awesome athletes starting with Terrell who is a stud of a player; JaJuan is a "manchild" down low these days, this kid has grown and gotten a ton stronger; Torry is a very good shooter and solid defender who loves the game, he will contribute huge as long as he limits mistakes; and Malcolm, i haven't seen this kid play in a couple of years but if he has improved on what he was before watch out. The new gym will be exciting and comforting not to mention the practices have to be better.

2) Marion... A huge boost with Ted deciding to play, the kid is amazing, and with the added size and strength he is going to be something special, get your tickets for the Teddy-o Show. Cody playing AAU ball in Nashville over the summer will be the best decision for his career he will ever make, this kid is a totally new player, if you want to watch D-1 talent in the valley this is him. Corpeio will straight D you up and frustrate you, i think his head is gettin where it needs to be and i think he will cut down on mistakes. Bailey and the others will have to step up if they want to be the best. Added help in the coaching staff with Ryan Phillips and Neil Nelson will help a lot. I think you will see a different attitude out of the Warriors of Marion this year.

3) Sequatchie.. I know very very little about them this year but they always produce basketball players there and they have an extremely good coach in Coach Smith, the man can flat out do it.

4) Grundy... Have very good players that fly under the radar and can beat anyone any night, and Holt is somewhat underrated as a motivator and coach in my opinion. Seagroves, Kreh, Butner, Tip, and Sartain are all solid and play well together. Watch out for Sartain to be the surprise player of the District, i said it first.

5) Bledsoe/Whitwell... I know zero about your teams this year other than the coaching staff at Whitwell. I think these two young men will be fine with experience because they got the best of both worlds from Roberts and Phillips while they played at Marion, the kids just have to buy in.

I, too, would like to give my greetings to Silky (cute name), Alumni4 and hoopitup10

wattup bruh... i agree with your 1-5. 1 and 2 is pretty much a toss up until they face off but the series could be one for the ages

From what i know of the program, he has kids now that are willing to learn, work hard and buy into his system. South Pittsburg has always relied on their talent with not much coaching, now they are learning how to play team ball along with their talent. Phillips is a good coach and will do good things for the Pirates.

from what i have been hearing the kids aint buying into his program, this year or last year. he is just not disciplined enough to handle the kids he has. i have heard that they need more stucture down at sp in the basketball program and it aint happening. rumor has it that the players quit in alot of games last year. and there was alot parents or grandparents that is, that werent to happy with his coaching style. just to much going on. his teams in marion would have told you he was just to friendly. oh well we will see how he does this year. i think thacker will do some good in whitwell, the boys just need to listen and learn.

from what i have been hearing the kids aint buying into his program, this year or last year. he is just not disciplined enough to handle the kids he has. i have heard that they need more stucture down at sp in the basketball program and it aint happening. rumor has it that the players quit in alot of games last year. and there was alot parents or grandparents that is, that werent to happy with his coaching style. just to much going on. his teams in marion would have told you he was just to friendly. oh well we will see how he does this year. i think thacker will do some good in whitwell, the boys just need to listen and learn.

I played for Coach Phillips at Marion and yes he was a friendly guy and i consider him a good friend to this day but he knew where to draw the line and be serious about his job, some of the guys didn't see it the same as i do i agree with that but with the time off i think he has changed into more of a coach that is friendly instead of the friend first. If you look at the kids that quit on him, they are gone. The kids that he has now i have been around since they were 7th 8th and 9th graders and they are chomping at the bit to learn and they have a way more positive outlook on things than his previous teams. I'm not knocking the kids he had before because they just weren't use to having someone that knew what was going on and could run a structured game, Phillips can. You will see a new Pirate team this year, i promise you that.

I played for Coach Phillips at Marion and yes he was a friendly guy and i consider him a good friend to this day but he knew where to draw the line and be serious about his job, some of the guys didn't see it the same as i do i agree with that but with the time off i think he has changed into more of a coach that is friendly instead of the friend first. If you look at the kids that quit on him, they are gone. The kids that he has now i have been around since they were 7th 8th and 9th graders and they are chomping at the bit to learn and they have a way more positive outlook on things than his previous teams. I'm not knocking the kids he had before because they just weren't use to having someone that knew what was going on and could run a structured game, Phillips can. You will see a new Pirate team this year, i promise you that.

I saw them play twice in Chattanooga last year. They, both coach and players, were not on the same page it seemed. The game I saw at Silverdale ended up in a brawl. There was no structure as I saw it nor any discipline. Now that could very well change. I have heard Phillips is a good coach and I know he had a terrific coach who was at the school in a non coaching capacity last year. Maybe he learned some things that will help him in the future. Still it is hard to get respect if you haven't already earned it. Young coach who must listen and learn from better coaches.