Giles Co. vs. David Lipscomb

irishluck

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right on the money with your statement. HOWEVER doing all those things against a methodical machine is very tough. We played DL with Rain and mud and played them fairly tough. ....BUT three big plays and it was 21-0.

The difference in this game is defense and DL will have the upper hand. Giles can be scored upon and I also believe it will take a shootout for them to win. When was the last in this region DL was in a shootout

Their only "true tests" came against Giles Co. in the 2006 quarterfinals & Cheatham Co. in the 2005 second round.

Outside of that they have never been in any kind of danger of losing a game to a Region 5-3A foe.

Which is better?

David Lipscomb's offense or David Lipscomb's defense....discuss

The defense. BY FAR..............

On offense they have Rogers. Daniel is now gone due to an injury. I'd be willing to say that without Rogers the Mustangs would be very average on offense. He is a great player and can make a single unit that much better because of his ability.

On defense Rogers and Lehning back there in the secondary are ridiculous. Both of them are players. The linebackers are amazing. Brewer, Webb, and Saggio make the best group of linebackers in the entire state. They fly to the football. The line is just as good. Hudson and Stevens are two athletic and powerful players up front who play the game the way it has to be played.

If David Lipscomb's 1st Team Offense played their 1st Team Defense then they'd find scoring to be tough. The linebackers would stuff the trap, the cover 2 corners would play the buck and rocket beautifully, and Rogers wouldn't be able to catch anything deep because he'd be covered by..............HIMSELF /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The only reason people score on DL is because Coach Mac is such a nice guy and takes his "guns" off of the field when things appear even close to being out of hand.

Largely because of Wallace's improved game GC will be able to stretch the field more than in the recent past against DL. If the recievers can make them stick they can certianly make a game of it. GC has backs which can run in space and run in a crowd, if they can get the passing game working they can match up.

Since I always hear what a great guy Coach Mac is why don't the DL fans sit on the visitor side and the GC fans sit on the home side, Cuz there will be fore GC fans than DL fans. It would just be the NICE thing to do.

Largely because of Wallace's improved game GC will be able to stretch the field more than in the recent past against DL. If the recievers can make them stick they can certianly make a game of it. GC has backs which can run in space and run in a crowd, if they can get the passing game working they can match up.

Since I always hear what a great guy Coach Mac is why don't the DL fans sit on the visitor side and the GC fans sit on the home side, Cuz there will be fore GC fans than DL fans. It would just be the NICE thing to do.

SURE BUB........they'll do that like vandy 1 will let me do the announcing. Are you in la-la land or something......you should be pleased to sit anywhere besides the "pit".

If you throw that much against DL, I see lots of trouble coming your way. Remember when you throw the ball, three things can happen and two of them are bad....and against the DL it will be worse than than that. I would predict DL returns one for a TD. Remember they bend but don't break

David Lipscomb's "Cover 2" is very good. They have a MLB that can get deep over the middle and their two safeties (especially Rogers) can cover more ground than most in high school football.

If Giles tries to throw it to the slot quickly those OLBs are going to pick them off.

It's insane I know but the Mustangs defense is very long and very athletic and most importantly they are very disciplined.