crockett vs dburg

Ratherberacin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a great game! One of the best i've seen in awhile. Both teams played very well. But I think it should've went the other way...I dont know what the ref was thinking when P.A. called a timeout with 2 sec left and didnt give it to him. That was ridiculous. Im not dissing Dburg because they played great, i just think the game shouldve went the other way and if you dont agree you're mistaking. But congrats to dburg.

It was a game that nobody deserved to lose.....everybody played their guts out....truly a classic game, between two classy programs, and quality coaching staffs.........

Shaun went to the airforce and Ron is playin basketball at Jackson state next semester unless he goes somewhere else. and the Crockett team that beat dburg in alamo were up 21-0 and dburg scored with a minute left in the half. Crockett came out the second half a little too confident and let dburg score again. it could have very easily been a blowout. the final was 28-14 CC. and the year before that in dburg, ron johnson couldnt play bc of a collarbone injury and the star players were juniors then.

The game in Alamo was a lot closer than the final score that year. It was 21-14 before Rashad threw a pick on our last drive in the 4th quarter. Dyersburg played very poorly(lots of penalties and blown assignments) and CC deserved to win. Also if CC could have blown them out they would because there was no reason for them to score the last TD to make it 28-14. They could have easily run the clock out. On the year before yes Shaun was out but the score was not even close.

Who put #1 CC out that year?

Covington in the Second round in Alamo. Dyersburg would beat Covington the next week 14-0.

Congrats to D-Burg tonight on the win! Sounded like a great game on both sides

It was a game that nobody deserved to lose.....everybody played their guts out....truly a classic game, between two classy programs, and quality coaching staffs.........

I concur..both teams gave threw all they had at one one another....DHS lost their momentum in the thrid quarter up 21-7 .Cavs made several great plays to tie at 21-21 sending game into overtime..Final 3 ot score 42-41 with Cavs electing to go for 2 (great call in my book with the way the game was going ) to win coming up short when DHS sacked the qb ..Congrats to the Cavs and Trojans for a Classic.. both teams should go deep into the playoffs..

WELL DONE TROJANS ! Congratulations on a BIG Region "W" ! HATS OFF to the CAVS as well ! You just had to know what kind of game this would be ! I was talkin' with "StevieRayVol" about this one before the "Kick Off" & told him it would be one of if not THE best games played in West Tennessee tonight ! From what I hear ......... I WAS RIGHT ! Kudos to Coach Pratt ! No one need "second guess" the decision to "go for it" ! It was just a "chess match" between the "Coaches Counce" & Coach Pratt as to who played or attempted to play the "trump card" ! If both teams had kept on playing as the previous two OT's (matchin' moves),they might STILL be playing !

GREAT JOB TO BOTH TEAMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As others have said ........................ You just HATE that there had to be a losing team ! Neither team "deserved to lose" ! BUT that's why they play 'em ! Heads HIGH Cavs ! Congratulations Trojans ! NOW ................... THIS IS THE ONE WEEK THAT I CANNOT BE A TROJAN FAN !

Well LOOK FOR STEVIE RAY ON THE DYERSBURG SIDE.....Already the BATTLE LINES have been drawn in the house....ORANGE AND WHITE ON ONE SIDE....."MY BELOVED BLACK AND GOLD" on the other.....Hope Miller is healthy...hated that Mclin and Lucas have TORN ACL's...those kids have a lot of guts playing that way...just hope they don't hurt themselves any farther....This is the ONE GAME THE TROJAN FANS have been looking to since James Counce came back into town.........LIKE HIM...DON"T LIKE HIM....JAMES COUNCE IS A FOOTBALL COACH...THE BEST IN THE REGION....He gets MORE TALENT OUT OF LESS THAN ANYBODY I HAVE EVER SEEN....."HE TAKES LEMONS AND MAKES LEMONADE"......THEY WILL BRING THE WOOD FOR 4 QUARTERS you can take that to the bank.....HIS BOYS WILL BE READY....."WOULDN"T MISS IT FOR THE WORLD"......THIS ONE HAS BEEN MARKED ON THE CALENDER FOR AWHILE....BETTER STRAP EM' DOWN TIGHT CHOCTAWS....THE BLACK AND GOLD IS ABOUT TO INVADE CHOCTAW STADIUM.....AND HAVE THEY GOT PAYBACK ON THEIR MINDS!....

P.A. decided on going for the 2-point conversion because his squad was spent. I know this after talking to Pratt following the game. Very humbled and gave Dyersburg alot of credit for the win. Two very solid football teams left all they had on the field, and in the end Dyersburg was a little better tonight.

Make no mistake about it, these two teams will roll into the post-season ready for anyone.

Cavaliers clearly outplayed the Trojans in the first half, but two big plays from J-Click and Justin Whitfield were the difference as far as the scoring goes.

Second half was a classic, and for those that chose not to be at the game, you have no idea what you missed.

Three overtimes. Enough said.

dburg had the chance late in third quarter to go up 28-7 and put the game out of reach, however the td was called back, then the trojans missed the filed goal to make it 24-7....

crockett county fought back to tie it up late in the fourth.....those boys (cc) did a great job...... never quiting....

in the end, the trojan "d" made the hero play to win the game........

best game i have seen in several years.....

This was a great game! One of the best i've seen in awhile. Both teams played very well. But I think it should've went the other way...I dont know what the ref was thinking when P.A. called a timeout with 2 sec left and didnt give it to him. That was ridiculous. Im not dissing Dburg because they played great, i just think the game shouldve went the other way and if you dont agree you're mistaking. But congrats to dburg.

Great game to both teams and congrats to the Trojans.....must admit I did wonder why he wasn't given the timeout, as did more than one person at the game. IF the situation were reversed and Counce didn't get the timeout how different would it be on the boards?? JUST an observation. Still it was an exciting game, well played game, coached by two of the finest.......you gotta hand it to Pratt for having the guts to go for 2.....tough call to make.

Great game to both teams and congrats to the Trojans.....must admit I did wonder why he wasn't given the timeout, as did more than one person at the game. IF the situation were reversed and Counce didn't get the timeout how different would it be on the boards?? JUST an observation. Still it was an exciting game, well played game, coached by two of the finest.......you gotta hand it to Pratt for having the guts to go for 2.....tough call to make.

PRATT is a DISCIPLE of JOHN W.TUCKER....who was a "Pretty fair coach himself" LOL....PA was the Jackson Sun "Player of the Year" way back in the mid to early 80's...and went on to play at UT-Martin......That guy has built that program from the ground up over there in Alamo...GREAT COACH.....

Just to clarify the timeout play, I'm not going to say Crockett shouldn't got the timeout, but the pass was thrown to an illegal receiver. They ran trips to the tight end side covering up the tight end. He is the one who caught the pass. It should have been a penalty to begin with, but that is something a lot of Refs don't see or catch.

THANK YOU 4 SAYN IT FIRST....way crazy call game shoulda never went to ovr time with cc the victor...dburg played well.....but u coluld def tell the refs wanted overtime and dburg on top in the end..that call highly peed a bunch of ppl off