First Try at 2A Brackets

JohnJohn

So...how is that a punishment to the private schools? There were 3 #1 seeds in our quad last year. Are USJ and JCS penalized too...or is it just Nashville privates? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

That third number one seed on your side was a private school as well in DCA. Yes it is Nashville privates because that's where most of the complaints come from. Nice try though.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That third number one seed on your side was a private school as well in DCA. Yes it is Nashville privates because that's where most of the complaints come from. Nice try though.

Looks as though the publics in region 3 and 4 got punished last year. Didn't DCA win the quad? I don't think anyone looked and said...how can we punish the Nashville privates? I know...let's send DCA to be sacrificed...nah...they won the quad. Let's make CPA and GP play each other in the 1st round. I think we can fix it so they have to play. Of course...we can fix the GP/DCA regular season game.

JJ you lost me on this one.

Looks as though the publics in region 3 and 4 got punished last year. Didn't DCA win the quad? I don't think anyone looked and said...how can we punish the Nashville privates? I know...let's send DCA to be sacrificed...nah...they won the quad. Let's make CPA and GP play each other in the 1st round. I think we can fix it so they have to play. Of course...we can fix the GP/DCA regular season game.

JJ you lost me on this one.

It doesn't take a very long road to lose Antwan......

I thought we were talking about how not all second place teams were getting home games and how there were three number one seeds in one quad and how much more difficult that made it. At least compared to quads 1 and 4 which would be considered easier because they only had two number one seeds.

It doesn't take a very long road to lose Antwan......

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> How right you are...rj. I'm just wondering how 2a privates are penalized more than 2a public schools...especially Nashville (the ones that complain the most according to JJ) privates.

It just worked out that way last year. It will be different this year.

Doesn't really matter where you go. You have to play, and beat, the best eventually to win it all, which is the goal of the playoffs. DCA went east last year and probably had an easier road to the semis than they would have had in the west. They got the privilege of getting beat by Alcoa one game earlier than Goodpasture.

I do agree that 2 teams from the same region should not have to play in the 1st round, which I believe has been corrected.

Doesn't really matter where you go. You have to play, and beat, the best eventually to win it all, which is the goal of the playoffs. DCA went east last year and probably had an easier road to the semis than they would have had in the west. They got the privilege of getting beat by Alcoa one game earlier than Goodpasture.

I do agree that 2 teams from the same region should not have to play in the 1st round, which I believe has been corrected.

I just don't see DCA advancing as far thru the east this year.

Milan wins it all!!!!

Milan wins it all?? We might see if the Bulldogs can handle an f5. First, both teams must get there. That's something Milan has been unable to do the last few years. Milan better be very, very, good to beat the Tornadoes. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> How right you are...rj. I'm just wondering how 2a privates are penalized more than 2a public schools...especially Nashville (the ones that complain the most according to JJ) privates.

It just worked out that way last year. It will be different this year.

The publics in those quads and particularly Quad 3 are punished just like the private schools. That was part of my original point. They just happen to have been out of luck. Also remember the powers of 2A outside of private schools in the last decade or so are out West or out East and they don't have to suffer through thos quads.

The publics in those quads and particularly Quad 3 are punished just like the private schools. That was part of my original point. They just happen to have been out of luck. Also remember the powers of 2A outside of private schools in the last decade or so are out West or out East and they don't have to suffer through thos quads.

I guess I'm missing your point. The only difference in the new and old systems for us was one team. It will likely be that way this year too. I just don't see how that is punishment for the privates. That is what you said it was.