Catholic vs Fulton

Photoman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic will win. It is a REGULAR SEASON game after all /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

They better pray that Fulton doesn't sneak into the playoffs somehow....... That's when Coatney & Co. begin to really put a hurting to people /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Couldn't have said it better myself /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Let the Marching Bagpiper's know that there is nothing to fear. With the slumping economy, the street value for stolen shiny brass instruments is down here on Broadway. Also, word on the street is most private school kids from the Tri-city/ East TN school zone have Lo-jack embedded in their trumpets and Saxophones. And everyone knows that pawnshops are not Lo-Jack friendly.

Stereotypes aside, I think you'll like your trip to our Neighbor"hood". I think you'll enjoy the friendly atmosphere and feel the love when you drive onto our campus. There's always 3 to 4 friendly local community people offering to wash your windshield as you park your car. The class of '88 high school dropouts association will be offering valet parking to the gullible & naive. The key club sponsors our coats for the cold campaign Friday night. It is always heartwarming as we gather up all of the little shivering-in-the-cold, nasty T-shirt-wearing kids with dirty bare feet and line them up at the fence with little Falcon cups in their hand for your west Knoxville handouts. I don't know if its the pitiful look in their eyes or the echoing sound of growling tummies that make people want to be so generous, but we do appreciate the charitable donation as you clear your conscience.

Now as for the football game... you might be coming in pretty confident based on your regular season success and our 3 & 4 record. All I can say is the goat has been painted green, and the Gypsy has been hired and we've been eating our Lucky charms for breakfast. It should be a great night of football as long as you keep that bagpipe lady off our field!

Go Falcons!

You've really screwed up this time time Photoman....consider yourself OVEREXPOSED. Eating the Lucky Charms is the Irish equivilant of drinking the Guyana Kool-Aid. Next thing we know you'll have a football picture featuring the Leprechaun instead of that buzzard on your current ball picture. I'll hide the kilt so you don't feel the urge. Word on the street is that she's hooked up with Broadway Sound and won't actually have to be at Black Field to be heard. They've got all kinds of amps and speakers and such ready for her. She'll be playing from the roof of St. Mary's overlooking the heathen Falcon masses. (Can I use the word Masses ?) Don't worry, in the spirit of love and Christian fellowship, I've ordered you a special blessing! I've arranged a solo from Ms. Bagpipe while the Marchin Leprechauns spell out Photoman at halftime. It may be the highlight of the game for the Falcon faithful.

Have your coaches decided which one of them is going to head out to the field early Friday morning to plant that Catholic flag again? With the gas prices dropping, we might be able to pull it off now but it would be much easier if they would just go ahead and do it again. We could tell it wasn't really our flag, the Booster Club has officially licensed flags with a hologram to prove authenticity and the one at your field didn't have the official Shamrock hologram. The flags are only $49.95 so we would prefer to be compensated for the unauthorized use of "our" flag. Since we will be participating in your Coats for the Cold campaign (Maybe that's what the Irish CCC stands for- LOL)along with out bird-wearing brothers from Broadway, please send the needy down to Playerz and get $49.95 worth of knock-off Jordan jackets on us.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

And by the way we have expanded our recruiting base West to Cumberland County to find a kicker. Enough of those East TN/Tri-Cities comments, we're bigger'n than that. We're going global!

Irish by 2 TDs!

You've really screwed up this time time Photoman....consider yourself OVEREXPOSED. Eating the Lucky Charms is the Irish equivilant of drinking the Guyana Kool-Aid. Next thing we know you'll have a football picture featuring the Leprechaun instead of that buzzard on your current ball picture. I'll hide the kilt so you don't feel the urge. Word on the street is that she's hooked up with Broadway Sound and won't actually have to be at Black Field to be heard. They've got all kinds of amps and speakers and such ready for her. She'll be playing from the roof of St. Mary's overlooking the heathen Falcon masses. (Can I use the word Masses ?) Don't worry, in the spirit of love and Christian fellowship, I've ordered you a special blessing! I've arranged a solo from Ms. Bagpipe while the Marchin Leprechauns spell out Photoman at halftime. It may be the highlight of the game for the Falcon faithful.

Have your coaches decided which one of them is going to head out to the field early Friday morning to plant that Catholic flag again? With the gas prices dropping, we might be able to pull it off now but it would be much easier if they would just go ahead and do it again. We could tell it wasn't really our flag, the Booster Club has officially licensed flags with a hologram to prove authenticity and the one at your field didn't have the official Shamrock hologram. The flags are only $49.95 so we would prefer to be compensated for the unauthorized use of "our" flag. Since we will be participating in your Coats for the Cold campaign (Maybe that's what the Irish CCC stands for- LOL)along with out bird-wearing brothers from Broadway, please send the needy down to Playerz and get $49.95 worth of knock-off Jordan jackets on us.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

And by the way we have expanded our recruiting base West to Cumberland County to find a kicker. Enough of those East TN/Tri-Cities comments, we're bigger'n than that. We're going global!

Irish by 2 TDs!

As far as your global quest in adopting new Football offspring... you??™re expanding like a wal-mart superstore! I think the new Catholic motto should be WWJR. (Who Would Jesus Recruit?) For example??¦Who's the Dobbins Bennet kid who rents the apartment and commutes back home for the weekend? Yea??¦. And we were so relieved when we didn't have to worry about Stone Memorial hanging 3 points on us when they lost their kicker... But then again, WWJR??¦ their loss is your gain in the Holy war of HS Football. But talk'n about recruiting below the belt and knocking over the communion dish??¦ It wouldn??™t surprise me if the Catholic Scouts didn??™t try to approach Tennessee??™s recently demoted Crompton and offer him a dinner, free catholic WWJR hoody, and a green & gold Touchdown Jesus Bible. Someone will more that likely pull the ???Blessed-by-the-church??? TSSAA by-laws to see if he has anymore HS eligibility left as an out of state transfer student.

As far as the bagpipe lady hooking up with Broadway Sound and blowing her hot air from St. Mary??™s??¦. that fine with me. Setting up in a dark parking garage in the hood is a good way to get tarred & feathered cartoon style & thrown in the back of an ??™89 Monte Carlo. That??™d be music to my ears!

Go Falcons!

If you can recruit then why wouldn't you do it?? You can't tell me every single Fulton player lives in the Fulton school zone. That is the same as recruiting but who cares just shut up and lets talk about the game! Catholic by 10 in the last game in a while between these two schools.

WWJR? You really should type in bold if your frustrated.

Fulton Maroon and White Report Update:

Fulton Faces Second Ranked Irish in Week 8 Regional Battle

General's game notes for Catholic/Fulton game are up http://knoxcatholicfootball.com/08_opposition, click on link will take you right to page then click on general's notes. Good stuff, still haven't heard much on game: match-ups, run game, pass game, def./off. Ruse? where you at for some good game/personal talk.

General's game notes for Catholic/Fulton game are up http://knoxcatholicfootball.com/08_opposition, click on link will take you right to page then click on general's notes. Good stuff, still haven't heard much on game: match-ups, run game, pass game, def./off. Ruse? where you at for some good game/personal talk.

Max3388.

I am still mourning the end of this rivalry. Hopefully, I can get 2 more games out of it this year, and then hope that they can hook up non-region next. IMO, that is a possibility. I know that Fulton will play anybody, anywhere, anytime. I also know that Catholic has tried to hook up with Mville, Bearden, Acoa, etc. Mville is booked years ahead, and locked into the Blount Co. deal. Bearden flat out refused to play them last year, and I know Alcoa's JV/FR paly Catholic's,and that they also scrimmage. Maybe, they will continue. I'm sure the coaches will need to factor in potential losses though because of the potential playoff scenarios in the future. They are great games, hard. It's what the game is designed for.

I really like the Demetrius Thomas kid at Fulton. Just a soph, but has some real potential. Went for about 200 a couple weeeks ago. Not Rogan yet, but he has some wiggle and toughness to him. Winters is coming along at QB. The Barfield kid, Styles, and Pritchard are playmakers, and all Winters needs to do is get it in their hands. They clearly have the ability to move the ball on both the ground, and through the air. I think some folks really feel that Fulton is down this year. Maybe a bit, but they are young, and IMO, that loss to Kingston last week should not be used by people as an indicator as to how down fulton might be; but, rather how good Kingston is. They are very good. Fulton still has size. Blasco, Phillips, Blair all go 3 bills, and Johnson is 270, but 6-7. It's just a matter of time before it clicks. If Fulton gets past, Catholic, and then AE, the rest of 3A, bets beware.

As for Catholic, I've said a # of times, that I am surprised by their success this year. Hard to go 7-0 with 4 soph OL, and 5 soph starters on D. They have both played very tough schedules. As far as the recruiting thing, that stuff is overblown. People can say Catholic recruits or Fulton recruits; however, the reality is that kids want to go there because they win, play tough comp, and get exposure. The often overlooked part of this game, IMO is coaching. Being an old guy who has seen, and worked with many of them, these are two of the best in the business. Not just Knox, but anywhere. They both get the most out of their kids potential, love 'em, and kick 'em when needed. We'll see, but I'll pick the Falcons 20-17.

I also know that Catholic has tried to hook up with Mville, Bearden, Acoa, etc. Mville is booked years ahead, and locked into the Blount Co. deal.

Yea right.........Catholic has not tried to "hook" up with Alcoa? Alcoa has to pick game up from teams in middle and west TN to fill their schedule. Alcoa has tried for years to get Catholic on the schedule to have close to home games.

I also know that Catholic has tried to hook up with Mville, Bearden, Acoa, etc. Mville is booked years ahead, and locked into the Blount Co. deal.

I too will call Shenanigans on that....We have came out publicly and said we wanted Catholic on the schedule.

They won't play us...They are having too good of a time in the regular season going 10-0 against Baylor, Wartburg, Smith Co. and Seqoyah....

I love Catholic and Pemberton and wish they would play us...It will make us both better for the post season.