District 3A and Region 2A

RunAndGun

Story of the Region- Can anyone knock Grace off Stride? If so who's it going to be and how are they going to do it? I honstely think whoever beats Grace is going to have to beat them in a shootout. I look for another Grace and Greenback Region championship with Wartburg just missing their chance at it again. Saying that though, The Sleeper team is Rockwood. I think Coach K is going to have that bunch ready to go, and there is alot of talent there. It's going to be rough replacing Brazille and Moriarty, but I look for Rockwood to be the surprise team. Biggest Up-Side is Harriman. Too many good athletes to not be competitive in A. I dont know anything about there new guys, but they return a good nuclues from last year. Looks to be a really good year of Talent in the Region. Who's the top players IYO?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we got beat and played bad but if you want to talk about last year we can. Grace beat Greenback 4 times last year so I can see why you might be a little bitter and want to hate. Grace will return to state this year and will be better prepared by a tougher schedule this year. Grace returns 70% of its scoring and will be mush improved on defence. But we will settle it on the court just like last year.

excuse me if i sounded bitter to you or your team,thats not what it was meant to be, my bitterness comes with the classifications. our hands are tied when we get to the boro ,which you all do have a good chance,same as we do this year, and yes that is always settled on the court, believe me, those were some very intense games i woulndnt dare take anything from the kids. they got it done when it counted,but even you have to admitt it wasnt a gimme every time we tipped off.but back to the bitterness we or you all will never be able to compete with the 2a programs that ply at our level, well if your alls recruiting gets better maybe, ha, ah,.but us little 1a community schools would have to play outside ourselves just to compete with the manassass and union cities look at UHS last year and they wupped you all pretty good first round.

excuse me if i sounded bitter to you or your team,thats not what it was meant to be, my bitterness comes with the classifications. our hands are tied when we get to the boro ,which you all do have a good chance,same as we do this year, and yes that is always settled on the court, believe me, those were some very intense games i woulndnt dare take anything from the kids. they got it done when it counted,but even you have to admitt it wasnt a gimme every time we tipped off.but back to the bitterness we or you all will never be able to compete with the 2a programs that ply at our level, well if your alls recruiting gets better maybe, ha, ah,.but us little 1a community schools would have to play outside ourselves just to compete with the manassass and union cities look at UHS last year and they wupped you all pretty good first round.

Grace does compete with AA schools now and have beat some and play alot of them this year along with a few AAA schools. Those games were good games with Greenback last year and I look forward to the same this year.

Story of the Region- Can anyone knock Grace off Stride? If so who's it going to be and how are they going to do it? I honstely think whoever beats Grace is going to have to beat them in a shootout. I look for another Grace and Greenback Region championship with Wartburg just missing their chance at it again. Saying that though, The Sleeper team is Rockwood. I think Coach K is going to have that bunch ready to go, and there is alot of talent there. It's going to be rough replacing Brazille and Moriarty, but I look for Rockwood to be the surprise team. Biggest Up-Side is Harriman. Too many good athletes to not be competitive in A. I dont know anything about there new guys, but they return a good nuclues from last year. Looks to be a really good year of Talent in the Region. Who's the top players IYO?

Rockwood will be alright this yr. They have Raby, Parsons, Roberts all who have been gettin alotta playin time since their soph yr so their an experienced group of kids including Brock and Gunter so dnt sleep on rockwood not to mention coach K always has his kids ready to play

Rockwood will be alright. Yes, they lost Breazeale and Moriarty, but they still have a group of talent this year. Raby is a great ball handler. along with gunter, roberts, parsons, and maybe the new harriman transfer (not sure if plays), rockwood should do just fine this year. one thing we do know is that they will be prepared and disciplined. Coach k and Coach b will always have their teams ready to play. what a game k coached when rockwood upset top ranked, undefeated grace at home. without the great coaching of k, that wouldnt have happened. the MAIN thing i am concerned about is who will replace CLEM, TINKER, and WAMPLER as the leaders of the Green Nation? who will paint up and distributed newspaper for the games? who is going to heckled any ref that makes a bad call and get into players head? i dont know if ive ever seen moral support like i saw from clem and tinker. so who will replace them . . . . the world may never know

Grace does compete with AA schools now and have beat some and play alot of them this year along with a few AAA schools. Those games were good games with Greenback last year and I look forward to the same this year.

Greenback plays AA and AAA teams as well but the the east teams are nothing compared to the west single A teams let alone the AA and AAA west teams. You guys got emberassed by Farragut the other night and I would almost bet if manassass played Farragut they would give them a run for their money probably even beat them; where Grace couldn't even compete. Yes GB lost to Oliver Springs just like in the scrimmage we had against them last season. We were and still are without several football players, 2 who are starters due to football playoffs. We'll be ok once we get our football players back, but I don't want to rush that I want to see them go as far as they can in the playoffs.

imo, the top 4 players in region 2a this year are slusher, titlow, bunch, and rather. But there are a few others under the radar no one really talks about that can play with the best of them from the region.

Well Grace does return Pridemore also who was voted by the coaches as MVP of the district and region last year and averaged 19.5 a game.

Greenback plays AA and AAA teams as well but the the east teams are nothing compared to the west single A teams let alone the AA and AAA west teams. You guys got emberassed by Farragut the other night and I would almost bet if manassass played Farragut they would give them a run for their money probably even beat them; where Grace couldn't even compete. Yes GB lost to Oliver Springs just like in the scrimmage we had against them last season. We were and still are without several football players, 2 who are starters due to football playoffs. We'll be ok once we get our football players back, but I don't want to rush that I want to see them go as far as they can in the playoffs.

Just a thought, Have you ever seen Manassass play? They would not beat Farragut and yes Grace did not play well at all in the jambaree but it wasnt a complete game and Grace did make sure everyone got to play and the depth of Grace is not even close to Farragut. Just keep badmouthing the team you have not beaten in 2 years and 6 total games because it doesnt make Greenback look good at all. By the way two starters just got done with football and only had one practice, one played 3 min and the other did not play at all in that game.

Greenback will be solid again--They lost their best shooter and also lost their best guard--They do return I think 3 starters and a good guard that came off the bench.

Harriman-returns a young team from last year and I believe only lost Magill. Very atheletic team and I think will have a good year and may suprise some teams.

Rockwood--They return their two guards I believe and one inside player--Lost Brezele and an inside player I think but will still be very competitive.

Midway--Still pretty weak

Berean--Lost everyone to graduation and will be very weak

Knoxville Christian--Lost best two players and should not be very good unless they get some players in like they did last year