BGA Vs. BA

hreeat

We got loads of strays here...grab one and offer an opinion.

I tend to agree with RRR-DA (for District Attorney, right?) - if BA is able to run the ball, BGA may be in for a long night. I think it might be close, but BA will eventually wear out BGA on both sides of the line of scrimmage. How close the game is will boil down to special teams play, imo. BA is capable of scoring on the return side of both KO & punts. If they win the field position game AND the line of scrimmage game, BGA will be fortunate to be in the game in the 4th qtr. That's just my opinion (and I know I'm an outsider, so my opinion is just fodder for the thread)

Best of luck to both teams - I'm enjoying learning more about TN prep football.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While hardly a proxy for football experts, it was interesting to see the Big Ones contest voting for this one - 50.7% for BGA, 49.3% for BA. I realize fans probably vote based on records, especially those outside of the region in the state in which a game is played, but to see BGA get a slight nod in this game was a little surprising. If this were Las Vegas and odds were based on the Big Ones, one could have bet on Brentwood Academy straight up (no points give or taken) and gotten a little better than even money on such a bet. Wow. Even without 20/20 hindsight, I'll take BA at home against an untested team almost any day of the week.

Anyway, degenerate thoughts aside, how did this game go? I saw the TV highlights and saw that BA returned a blocked punt early. Outside of that, the score would seem to indicate a relatively tight game. How did BA's running backs do against the BGA defense? Did BA put up a passing threat tonight?

BA, at 6-3 (and probable 7-3), is still dangerous. The Middle/East is still wide open, and even McCallie is starting to come on a little bit. Middle/East will have a good squad represented for the title game, and they will need it for (likely) MUS.