Milan at Dresden

onesixes

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nwtnsports

The extra day of rest and fall break weekend seems to come at a convenient time for the Bulldogs.

Got to get the injured guys healthy and back over the next two weeks.

Coach Morris sums it up in today's paper: "We've got work to do and things we need to improve on. But we need a little rest right now, and we're going to get some and enjoy it and come back to start getting better as a team."

IMO, here are some things Milan can work on:

-Pass defense. The Bulldogs gave up a combined 795 passing yards to USJ and JCS. Granted, those are two very talented quarterbacks and Milan won both games. But I figure they will have to stop the pass at some point in the playoffs to advance.

-Penalties. Milan has been penalized 46 times for 371 yards. That's 46.4 ypg, but the 'Dogs have been penalized more than their opponents in six of eight games. A good number of those have been holding calls that impact offensive possessions.

-Motivation. A local college coach has used "passion" and "enthusiasm" as key words for his team this season. It's this idea of giving your best effort on every play. Milan should finish the regular season undefeated. Then what? That's up to the players. I'd like to see the Bulldog seniors take a commanding leadership role, as well as a serious approach to practice and the games.

But, there's a lot of things Milan has done well this season. The running game is obviously very strong, but Justin and his receivers have done a tremendous job. The run defense has been solid. It seems like the coaches have put together a great game plan every week.

Let's take it one week at a time. Dresden is up next, and they have a young team but have shown some progress this season.

The extra day of rest and fall break weekend seems to come at a convenient time for the Bulldogs.

Got to get the injured guys healthy and back over the next two weeks.

Coach Morris sums it up in today's paper: "We've got work to do and things we need to improve on. But we need a little rest right now, and we're going to get some and enjoy it and come back to start getting better as a team."

IMO, here are some things Milan can work on:

-Pass defense. The Bulldogs gave up a combined 795 passing yards to USJ and JCS. Granted, those are two very talented quarterbacks and Milan won both games. But I figure they will have to stop the pass at some point in the playoffs to advance.

-Penalties. Milan has been penalized 46 times for 371 yards. That's 46.4 ypg, but the 'Dogs have been penalized more than their opponents in six of eight games. A good number of those have been holding calls that impact offensive possessions.

-Motivation. A local college coach has used "passion" and "enthusiasm" as key words for his team this season. It's this idea of giving your best effort on every play. Milan should finish the regular season undefeated. Then what? That's up to the players. I'd like to see the Bulldog seniors take a commanding leadership role, as well as a serious approach to practice and the games.

But, there's a lot of things Milan has done well this season. The running game is obviously very strong, but Justin and his receivers have done a tremendous job. The run defense has been solid. It seems like the coaches have put together a great game plan every week.

Let's take it one week at a time. Dresden is up next, and they have a young team but have shown some progress this season.

I dont think anyone could have said that better lol great post and i couldnt agree more.. Just hope the seniors do step up and help this Milan team take things beyond 3 or 4 rounds of the play-offs and make it to the game everyone wants to see... Alcoa vs. Milan man that just sounds like the game of the year!!