Oak Ridge vs. Ooltewah

Ole Dad

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kiddng me? Norris is twice the coach as Stevens. Compare their percentage wins! Oh, I guess its a race thing, too many whites in football. That stuff isgetting old.

Ram Dad

name='Turtle' date='Oct 23 2008 - 04:01 PM' post='826912356']

The bball team won't be even better then whats taking place on the field//

Hey,mr.red,here's an common sense obvservation: Now take this anyway YOU want it,this is not mean spirited or by any means a public bashing.In the past,I've been all over the owls for reasons of my own,but LISTEN: The owls QB has the stats of a middle school qb,You must have blinders on,if you do not see that.Blame it on Monroe for not passing enough,blame it on recvrs running the wrong way,blame it on rcvrs dropping balls,O-line not blocking,the moon...the stars not being alined correctly or whatever? BUT,some people(mostly,you) want to talk about how big and strong he is,how strong his arm is...but the reality is"he is not a passing qb" averaging 35-45 yds a game isn't because the owls are a VEER OPTION or old school wing-t or power-t type team,The owls run a pro-set style offense w/ different variations. With Monroe hoping,that one day the qb will catch on and live up to this superman image,YOU think he already is. About last friday.........Brady threw good for BRADY(82 yds 6-8,one td)some of the passes the recvrs are supposed to catch.............like the one that a WIDE OPEN #21 caught,others passes like the one #6 caught was ALLl #6(guts,determination,skill and want to),again Brady threw no ints,so for the owl faithful,that's good.Again 82 yds isn't bad,but to say he threw very well,thats a stretch. Again don't take this the wrong way(I"m sure you will anyway),if the owls were a veer option team by design,then he would have credible stats for that offense,but they don't. Coach Monroe has done everthing to keep him at qb..,...changed the offense several times,just to work around the QB(it cost the owls at maplewood),I don't think,he'll do it anymore.My advice to you is get thick skinned or not read some of this stuff. The main reason people say anything negetive is because,they are used to the OFFENSE doing all the scoring.Last year was a horrible year(just so happens,Brady was at the helm),all of the people looked pass that because he was young........so this year w/ all the hype and the product on the feild wasn't any better on offense,NATURUALLY fans get frustrated.And lastly,think how bad it would be if the defense wasn't the best in the STATE? Owls will be in the hunt for a state title, but,until they truly are balanced,PEOPLE will complain.That's just the way it is.

Very well said and it s the TRUTH!!!!!

You people are really sorry. Brady threw very well on Friday night when given the chance so I don't see why everyone is still having a problem with throwing the ball. I think Monroe should give him a chance to throw the ball and see what he can do with it. They looked good in all aspects of the game. How about you give some credit where credit is due and get over yourselves.

Well stated red4life. Brady played very well. The constant whining by certain people is getting old fast.

Very good post, FatSak. You hit the nail on the head for the most part (except for the parts about last year, that was too many distractions and that took more of a toll than even you realize.).

No,I do realize.What,I think,I need to clarify is I by no means,think Brady caused,the down fall of last season,just so happens,he was the QB,because the other kid quit and or whatever happened.Brady did not have the best year,last year,BUT!!!......there were ALOT OF OWLS that did not have a good year and THEY were supposed to be the LEADERS of the team,but,the chosen few,FAILED miserably!! on the feild and off.Forget last all together.This year the owls have a chance of a life time,but the owls better fine tune this machine,because even the fastest,well tuned,well built machine will not finish the race,if there is operater error. With that said,I don't care,if the owls do it or not,but,one side of me would like to see it (because,I hate most nashville teams and knoxville,too),so arrogant. Don't overlook the wildcats,cause,that will give the idiots from farragut university(self proclaimed)a shot at winning a title. OWLS 35-0 rain or not.......

No rain,but plenty of MUD.Ooltewah wins a sloppy,ugly looking ballgame: OWLS 28-o,special teams will block a punt 2 or three times. Smith#36 will have 2 short recieving TDs,Polk will score at least once. Owls better bring enough dry towels. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />