Oak Ridge vs. Ooltewah

Ole Dad

I realize that the majority of the Owl fans are like yourself , and we all have our fans that can get a little carried away . I probably should just ignore these guys from now on , but sometimes it strikes a nerve in you and you just have to say something . I don't know any players on the Owl's team , but I can just picture this young kid all excited about the Owls huge win , and he played a big part in that win , and then he comes on here and his feelings are crushed when he sees his own fans taking shots at him . Of course these kids are going to look at a website that is all about them and their teammates . Some of you guys just need to remember that these are still kids we're talking about here , and save your criticism for the professional Men playing this game , not our neighbor's kid who Is out there trying his best while juggling his school work , peer pressure , girls , and a million other things that Is all a part of growing up .

I'll shut up for now , sorry If I've offended anyone .

I agree 100%. No offense taken. The kids do need someone to stand up for them. No need for you to shut up, I just wanted you to know that some people get carried away.

Go Owls!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that the majority of the Owl fans are like yourself , and we all have our fans that can get a little carried away . I probably should just ignore these guys from now on , but sometimes it strikes a nerve in you and you just have to say something . I don't know any players on the Owl's team , but I can just picture this young kid all excited about the Owls huge win , and he played a big part in that win , and then he comes on here and his feelings are crushed when he sees his own fans taking shots at him . Of course these kids are going to look at a website that is all about them and their teammates . Some of you guys just need to remember that these are still kids we're talking about here , and save your criticism for the professional Men playing this game , not our neighbor's kid who Is out there trying his best while juggling his school work , peer pressure , girls , and a million other things that Is all a part of growing up .

I'll shut up for now , sorry If I've offended anyone .

What i said is the truth wether you or anybody else likes it.........i was nt being neg just just being a Owl fan and looking at reality as it is. I agree about just flat out bashing a kid but IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!! I like the QB but this is not rec league or Upward sports at all. I understand your point and it s taken,( YOU BOZO) Name one fan that doesnt have something neg to say about their team at any age ?? Anyway i m not gonna argue with you about this cause you appaerntly dont understand what all has gone on down here the past few years. He s the QB and should be but dont make him out a hero for one game that it finally all came together.

Even as poor a supporter of the program as Tom Bailey has been over the years (funding and coaching decisions), he appears fed up as much as most fans. He was seen leaving at halftime last week and overheard saying as he left "I've seen enough." Well Tom, so have the Wildcat faithful.

Ram Dad

"That's not a knife, this is a knife" Crocodile Dundee or Tom Bailey?

Nobody is putting the players down, but when coaches aren't making the right calls on the sidelines and we obviously can't execute on the field then its hard not to blame the coaches. This is not the Oak Ridge program that i watched and played for and may fans feel the same way; you can tell just by half of the fans leaving at half time during the Soddy game. Nobody wants to see the seniors or any football player go through a season like this and when a coach could potentially have a losing season; which Oak Ridge has only had 3 losing seasons, then something needs to be done. Fans aren't upset with the players, they are upset with the coaches and the direction of the program. If you look at Stanton Stevens record from 2006 season to now after the fourth week of the season he is 7-10; that is including the one playoff game against DB. If you could the whole season from 2006 to present he is 17-12 which is a winning percentage of 59%. You can also include the fact that we haven't won a playoff game since the Riverdale game in 2005. You can't count the 2005 season because that was Bruce Lussier's team and he inheritated a really good team. Its easy to see why fans are upset.

Geez , the Stalker has a Stalker ... creepy

Hey Fatsak , 2seam , and thorough97 , why don't you guys tell us about the State championship teams that you Quarterbacked ? You guys just beat the #1 ranked team in the state , are now ranked #4 , and probably have the best chance you've ever had at winning a State championship , yet here you clowns are singling out your QB and talking him down like a dog on every Ooltewah thread . My guess is that this high school kid has already accomplished more in his life than you wanna be bozos could ever dream of . With every knock and slam you guys give this kid , the more aware everyone on this board across the whole State Is of just how ignorant some Ooltewah fans are . I apologize in advance to all the intelligent Ooltewah fans out there , but I hate seeing any High School kids put down , let alone a kid who just led his team to victory over the #1 team in the state . You guys are the same clowns who were wanting to run off a coach who has won multiple state championships too , right ? The closest you guys have ever been to a state Championship Is watching it on TV , or paying $10 to watch other teams in Murfreesboro .

pepvol I thank your for your support. As an athlete I have explained to my son that no matter how good or bad you do in sports or life you will always have the (bozos) out there that want to critize all that you are about. What he has to do is to work his tale off to be the best that he can be as well as all of his teammates. If they do that then they have a great shot at going deep into the playoffs. As for those of you that continue to dog him on this public forum, I'll invite you again to come to practice to talk football or maybe give Benny your resume as a coach. What is amazing is that our team has worked there butts off all year, beat the #1 team in the state last week and the VERY few of you want to call out one player by name. You all are pathetic fans or do you have something to gain. As far as Brady getting down about reading your bullcrap he don't.

Hey Fatsak , 2seam , and thorough97 , why don't you guys tell us about the State championship teams that you Quarterbacked ? You guys just beat the #1 ranked team in the state , are now ranked #4 , and probably have the best chance you've ever had at winning a State championship , yet here you clowns are singling out your QB and talking him down like a dog on every Ooltewah thread . My guess is that this high school kid has already accomplished more in his life than you wanna be bozos could ever dream of . With every knock and slam you guys give this kid , the more aware everyone on this board across the whole State Is of just how ignorant some Ooltewah fans are . I apologize in advance to all the intelligent Ooltewah fans out there , but I hate seeing any High School kids put down , let alone a kid who just led his team to victory over the #1 team in the state . You guys are the same clowns who were wanting to run off a coach who has won multiple state championships too , right ? The closest you guys have ever been to a state Championship Is watching it on TV , or paying $10 to watch other teams in Murfreesboro .

Pepvol I too agree. I think Brady has made great strides this year vs last. His decision making is getting better and better and that comes with age and expierence. Why someone would downgrade someone for 6 of 8 passing with no picks is beyond me. All we needed was 8 (actually 9 because there was a sack) pass plays last week. And as I might have mentioned in a previous post, I think the sack was a great decision. There was a CB just waiting for him to try and force a pass to the flat and Brady decided to eat the ball.

Go Owls and let's lower that PPG (points per game) statistic. It currently sits at 6.7

pepvol I thank your for your support. As an athlete I have explained to my son that no matter how good or bad you do in sports or life you will always have the (bozos) out there that want to critize all that you are about. What he has to do is to work his tale off to be the best that he can be as well as all of his teammates. If they do that then they have a great shot at going deep into the playoffs. As for those of you that continue to dog him on this public forum, I'll invite you again to come to practice to talk football or maybe give Benny your resume as a coach. What is amazing is that our team has worked there butts off all year, beat the #1 team in the state last week and the VERY few of you want to call out one player by name. You all are pathetic fans or do you have something to gain. As far as Brady getting down about reading your bullcrap he don't.

RReed, as I have done in the past, I COMMEND you wholeheartedly for taking up for your son, he is a good kid and a good ball player. TRY not to let those who speak negatively get to you. For evryone ONE of those fans, there are MANY, MANY more who don't feel the same. Keep giving your son positive feedback.

Go OWLS!!!

do you not think it is about time pepvol.

Let me tell you and pepvol this..........I can and will say anything,I want. I did not bash or dog Brady Reed out,not even close,I just made a common sense observation,if you or anybody else doesn't like it...who cares? I don't. Trust me when,I saythis..,.. if you want me to bad mouth someone,I'll be happy to do it.Do not open that can of worms. I have nothing to gain,IDIOT!!! This is a message board, an avenue to talk football and all sports,for people to give thier OPINIONS and observations.If someone says something you don't like,so be it,better learn to deal with. Go back and show me were,I bashed Brady Reed in this thread.........go ahead,.......I'll wait