MORRISTOWN EAST VS GREENEVILLE

EASTFAN

Great win against Mo-West, Really looking forward to coming up their this week. Keys too the game:

1) Turnovers?

2) Morristown East Defense vs Greeneville offense, can East slow them down?

3) Who get's the big breaks on Special teams?

4) Can Greeneville Defense stop Morristown East running game?

Should be a great game, good luck too both teams. GO CANES!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good summation. I think home field is diminished a little bit because both teams play on turf.

Both teams have been stereotyped as being 1 or 2 player teams (and we all know that is false for both teams).

Late in the year and its what we fans want.

I like the way our top teams in the conference are playing right now, as we head to the playoffs. Game decides pecking order.

Great win against Mo-West, Really looking forward to coming up their this week. Keys too the game:

1) Turnovers?

2) Morristown East Defense vs Greeneville offense, can East slow them down?

3) Who get's the big breaks on Special teams?

4) Can Greeneville Defense stop Morristown East running game?

Should be a great game, good luck too both teams. GO CANES!

i think it will be another close one like last years OT win by the devils...i think the devils offense will be too much for the canes...our defense did a rly good job tonight they stepped up big time...we had some guys out which hurt us a lil...but go devils goodluck canes...

I really think this will be the best D that GHS has faced this season. They did a good job last year and are as fast and maybe more talented this year. This should be a GREAT game. It is too close to call and there will be no pick from me. This should be the game of the year in the five rivers. Eastfan hit the nail on the head.

I really think this will be the best D that GHS has faced this season. They did a good job last year and are as fast and maybe more talented this year. This should be a GREAT game. It is too close to call and there will be no pick from me. This should be the game of the year in the five rivers. Eastfan hit the nail on the head.

i believe south has the best D we have faced all year...

i believe south has the best D we have faced all year...

I know S-South has a really good team this year, but I do not think they have

a defense as good as Morristown East. The speed East's has on defense, is hard too get

ready for. Greeneville is one of the few teams, that has enought speed too test

East's. Morristown East defense has done better against some of the same teams Greeneville

has allready played.( Jeff Co., Morristown West & Volunteer) Greeneville offense will be the

best we have seen this year. Looking for a hard hitting Game. GO CANES!

(for you S-South fans)

Note: The last 2 years in the playoff, East's jump all over S-South. I think we were leading

21-0 in both games. I think in both games early, South wasn't ready for East's speed. Last year

offense wasn't very good. They turn the football over so much, our defense couldn,t hold-up.

I know Greeneville would love another crack at S-South. We both want S-South on our Turf.

The winner of this game, will get their chance.

I know S-South has a really good team this year, but I do not think they have

a defense as good as Morristown East. The speed East's has on defense, is hard too get

ready for. Greeneville is one of the few teams, that has enought speed too test

East's. Morristown East defense has done better against some of the same teams Greeneville

has allready played.( Jeff Co., Morristown West & Volunteer) Greeneville offense will be the

best we have seen this year. Looking for a hard hitting Game. GO CANES!

(for you S-South fans)

Note: The last 2 years in the playoff, East's jump all over S-South. I think we were leading

21-0 in both games. I think in both games early, South wasn't ready for East's speed. Last year

offense wasn't very good. They turn the football over so much, our defense couldn,t hold-up.

I know Greeneville would love another crack at S-South. We both want S-South on our Turf.

The winner of this game, will get their chance.

You should play South before you make this kind of a statement about their D...maybe look @ their stats against their conference. South is allowing an avg of 125 yds rushing pg and a stingy 42 yds passing (in conference)Greeneville managed 167 yds on the ground and 135 in the air...302 yds total offense. Greeneville is averaging 400+ yds pg... Interesting to see how the 3 teams stats compare. Can someone provide some cumulative stats for MoEast?

I'm telling you though if the Jordan Greenway that has taken the field for the last 2 games had made the trip to South, it could have been a different ballgame.

Greeneville stats can be found here.

http://greenevillefootball.com/statistics/2008teamstats.htm

And South's here

http://www.mtnlakesfootball.com/

You should play South before you make this kind of a statement about their D...maybe look @ their stats against their conference. South is allowing an avg of 125 yds rushing pg and a stingy 42 yds passing (in conference)Greeneville managed 167 yds on the ground and 135 in the air...302 yds total offense. Greeneville is averaging 400+ yds pg... Interesting to see how the 3 teams stats compare. Can someone provide some cumulative stats for MoEast?

I'm telling you though if the Jordan Greenway that has taken the field for the last 2 games had made the trip to South, it could have been a different ballgame.

Greeneville stats can be found here.

http://greenevillefootball.com/statistics/2008teamstats.htm

And South's here

http://www.mtnlakesfootball.com/

The great thing is we will fine out this Friday. Greeneville will be the only one who can compare

both Defense, (S-South or Morristown East). I agree, if Jordan Greenway keeps playing the way

he has of late, it could be a long night for the Canes. The best way too stop Greeneville is to keep

that offense on the sideline. Morristown East has a very good running game, this could be a key

to shorten the game. I think in both games Greeneville lost, they gave up alot of yards on the ground.

The more Greenville offense is on the field, the harder it will be to stop. GO CANES!