Lipscomb Football

highschoolfan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mustangs will have a pretty good team this year. They gave MBA a good run for their money in a scrimmage earlier this year. Granted, it was easily the worste performance of our preseason, but they still looked like a very talented all-around team, with their only weakness coming in a small secondary. The qb, stinson, looked pretty good, and they had some big backs.

The game as called after a quarter in which the DL defense had only 3 plays.The offense dominated on the ground over Clarks. NE. The score was 7-0 with DL looking good.As for the secondary being the weakness, Ive thought they looked good with several good open field tackles against good backs(Overton and White House) and probably 7 ints,including one against MBA.

How will the Mustangs fare tonight against the Bobcats? Hopefully Reed Stinson will have a successful first start to get the Mustangs rolling. Lets hear from you Mustang fans.

To change the subject a little. The Mustang freshmen scrimmaged Hillsboro High School freshmen yesterday & looked very impressive against the Borros. If it were a real game I think the Mustang's would have won by 3 touchdowns. The future is looking bright for the Mustangs!

Good Luck against Greenbriar!

It's Greenbrier.....not Greenbriar....it just sounds like Greenbriar when some of our good country folk talk.

This should be an exciting game. Greenbrier has one game under their belt with a victory over DCA, but I hear Lipscomb is loaded with talent again this year. How do you guys do it year in and year out? The Bobcats seem to be fired up for this one.......We will feed um some beans and taters before we make the trip. Take it easy on us!

Good luck to both schools....it should be fun! :o

I got to see the Greenbrier/DCA game last week.

The bobcats were impressive. They have backs who run extremely hard and a very aggressive defense. Your QB does a great job of running your offense.

Lipscomb better come tonight ready to play. I wish I could be in the stands for that game. It should be a lot of fun.

Sorry COACHHARD - It does sound like greenBRIAR. But ever how you want to say it I hear you guys are coming in fired up. If you run the middle you will run into Santiago & Taylor & they will destroy any green jersey that comes thru there.Should be an exciting game. Looking forward to smelling the grill hearing the students cheer & watching the coaches coach. Go Mustangs!

I thought the backs ran hard and the line did a good job of getting those holes opened up. RB Josh Birdwell had 168 yards and FB Kirk Williams had 94 yards and 3 TD's. Greenbrier has one lineman, Daniel Wilbur, who is 5 ft nothing and one hundred and nothing....but the kid is tough as nails. The QB, Roger Herndon is a sophomore. He started the second half of his freshman year last year, beating out the Senior QB. Not only is this kid a great athlete and student (4.0), but he is a fine young man. He works hard and studies the game. He has a very bright future ahead of him....as long as he stays healthy.

I just hope the Bobcats will be able to compete against a fine lipscomb football team.

Congratulations to David Lipscomb for beating Greenbrier tonight 21-0. Lipscomb has a very good football team. They are skilled in all postions. Greenbrier could never get anything going.....and made several turnovers. Lipscomb looked like a 5-A school instead of a 2-A school. Very big up front. I see them going far into the playoffs in 2-A.....if not all the way. Lipscomb has some first class fans and their players were humble in victory. The only thing that surprised me is Coach Mcadams leaving his starters in late in the fourth quarter against Greenbrier's second and third teams....to try an get another score....he did not need. Never the less, it was a hard fought game by both schools.

Good luck to both David Lipscomb and Greenbrier for the remainder of their seasons.

Posted by twittycanes:

Reed Stinson is a good athlete. Hope he can lead the Mustangs to the playoffs. What happened to Elrod? Will he be able to come back this year? Elrod is going to be a good high school QB. He is very versitile & quick, lacks height but he will do well. How is Santiago doing so far? He will be a huge factor if he stays healthy. Is the O-Line going to be able to open up any holes for Madison & Cutler. Who has the edge at tailback? Good Luck Mustangs!

Stinson has settled in as our starting quarterback and looks to be an excellent choice. Elrod will return somewhere around game 4. Santiago is going to be a very hard runner as well as an excellent linebacker. The O-Line should be one of the better ones we've had in recent years. Cutler is definitely our tailback starter and Madison seems to have made a great start at linebacker with 6 tackles and 4 assists

Posted by COACHHARD:

Congratulations to David Lipscomb for beating Greenbrier tonight 21-0. Lipscomb has a very good football team. They are skilled in all postions. Greenbrier could never get anything going.....and made several turnovers. Lipscomb looked like a 5-A school instead of a 2-A school. Very big up front. I see them going far into the playoffs in 2-A.....if not all the way. Lipscomb has some first class fans and their players were humble in victory. The only thing that surprised me is Coach Mcadams leaving his starters in late in the fourth quarter against Greenbrier's second and third teams....to try an get another score....he did not need. Never the less, it was a hard fought game by both schools.

Good luck to both David Lipscomb and Greenbrier for the remainder of their seasons.

COACHHARD - What a great attitude you have. I wish everyone had the sportsmanship you have. Thanks for the kind words about Lipscombs fans & the team being humble with the win. Good luck to the Bobcats this year. Hope you guys have a successful rest of the year.

Posted by machine1804:
Posted by twittycanes:

Reed Stinson is a good athlete. Hope he can lead the Mustangs to the playoffs. What happened to Elrod? Will he be able to come back this year? Elrod is going to be a good high school QB. He is very versitile & quick, lacks height but he will do well. How is Santiago doing so far? He will be a huge factor if he stays healthy. Is the O-Line going to be able to open up any holes for Madison & Cutler. Who has the edge at tailback? Good Luck Mustangs!

Stinson has settled in as our starting quarterback and looks to be an excellent choice. Elrod will return somewhere around game 4. Santiago is going to be a very hard runner as well as an excellent linebacker. The O-Line should be one of the better ones we've had in recent years. Cutler is definitely our tailback starter and Madison seems to have made a great start at linebacker with 6 tackles and 4 assists

Hey Machine - What do you think about the match up with GP?

Does Lipscomb have a real chance? Give me some feedback. It sounds like you are a big Lipscomb supporter, are you? If so its good to hear from some Lipscomb fans. We need to hear from more.