David Lipscomb vs. Marshall Co.

mustang427

Before beating GC the only winning team DL had beaten was 2A Goodpasture. The blueprint as how to beat DL has been laid out for everyone to see. GC and MC are similiar teams. With Rogers DL will certianly be more predictable, without him they won't be nearly as dynamic.

MC 35 DL 31

Just Beware. Coach Mac and the staff does a great job in preparation for a game. Remember Lipscomb won the Vanderbilt Passing League Championship. There are other players who contribute. Rest assure Lipscomb will be prepared and ready to go.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DL BETTER WATCH OUT FOR GILES COUNTY IN THE PLAYOFFS IF JUNIOR WIDE RECIEVER DERRICO BROWN CAN OVERCOME INJURY.DL SHOULD NOT HAVE WON LAST NIGHT BUT THAT FUMBLE ON KICKOFF KILLED THE BOBCATS

he torn his acl what part of out for the season do not understand.this is a DL,Marshall Co. thread not a Giles Co. i've heard that zach rogers broke his collar bone.with or without him DL takes this one.42-14

he torn his acl what part of out for the season do not understand.this is a DL,Marshall Co. thread not a Giles Co. i've heard that zach rogers broke his collar bone.with or without him DL takes this one.42-14

Wow, I can't believe how you guys can't respect MC's talent. Thats ok though, it makes it more interesting to see what will happen. No doubt that DL will be a tough oppenent. Both teams will be training hard for this one. It should be a good watch.

Wow, I can't believe how you guys can't respect MC's talent. Thats ok though, it makes it more interesting to see what will happen. No doubt that DL will be a tough oppenent. Both teams will be training hard for this one. It should be a good watch.

We will see if MC is as good as we think or just lucky.

I'LL TAKE MC. with out Rogers.

I would look for DL to be a lot more balanced with the run/pass now.

i respect MC's tallent but besides spring hill and montgomery central MC's games have been close and i know after last week DL is not going to have another close game i think they are probably a little peed.but i could be wrong won't be the first or last.good luck

I realize that it is hard to compare scores but the Marshall County defense is not near as good as they have been. They have allowed too many teams to keep it close by winning the line of scrimmage and besides the big D-Tackle #57 they have no real play makers in the front 7 or 8. I think that 10 is a good player but when Lipscomb finds a weak spot in the defense or a man advantage they will exploit you. I think tha this years Marshall team has many weak spots in the defense and it wont take long for Lipscomb to find that out.

Lipscomb - 35

Marshall - 14

I hope no one counts out DL if they don't have Zach. You obviously don't know much about DL's coaching staff. If they have Zach or they don't, Coach Mac will have his team prepared, and kind of ironically, without Zach, they might open up the passing game some. It will be a fun game to watch and I'm looking forward to it.

I always said that Coach Mac should be in charge of security in Iraq.....no word on Rogers.

Without Rogers, DL is more dangerous in my book.

Marshall always uses the home field advantage......who is in charge of electricity? Seriously, the Tigers always play harder than most teams on their home field.

I would be surprised to see MC use ball control.....that hasn't been their forte. Scoring has been.

A high scoring game plays into MC hands.

Look for DL to mix it up on offense, the Tigers are like the rest of the region in that they can't shut people down.

GC had a great game plan and all it took is one miscue, I'm telling you that you can't make mistakes against DL.

I do concur, do not bet against Coach Mac

After playing both teams, I think DL has the edge in this one. They will make one or two defensive stops that will make the difference.

If it rains...oh my goodness......that will be a lake with catfish in one end of the field.

Just Beware. Coach Mac and the staff does a great job in preparation for a game. Remember Lipscomb won the Vanderbilt Passing League Championship. There are other players who contribute. Rest assure Lipscomb will be prepared and ready to go.

Winning the vandy passing league, and playing on friday nites are 2 different ballgames. I will have to go with MC on this one. Marshall county by 10

I think both should be pretty even. Giles gave Lipscomb a run for their money tonight. Marshall Co. beat Columbia who beat Giles. That makes me think that Marshall Co. should be able to give Lipscomb a run for their money too. I know this isn't a good way to compare teams but it can sometimes give a general idea.

I could also see the Giles game being a wake up call for Lipscomb and they could come out firing Friday. Rogers' status will also have an effect on this game.

haha i was the same way with vandy. we beat auburn who beat mississippi state so we should be fine...WRONG. however i dont think this will be a blowout. marshall county may be slightly over rated but i still think they will give the mustangs a contest. i dont believe Rogers will play this week. he is the biggest threat lipscomb has but i think coach mac will have a plan that will make up for the loss of Rogers. he will be missed greatly but not having him will NOT be a difference in this game. coach mac will come up with something like he always does.

Lipscomb: 28

Marshall County: 14

i see this game being close at halftime but the Mustangs outlasting the Tigers in the 2nd half