DB @ Campbell Co.

CougarTrav02

The Indians will overwhelm Campbell County on offense. They've simply got too much for Campbell County to match up with. Key on Chris, and Ashlon and Derrick will make you pay. Jamie is a player, and he makes an impact at any position that GC asks him to play. Justin is the lightning to Chris' thunder, and I haven't even gotten to talk about the defense yet. This is a special DB team, and Campbell County just doesn't have it. CC will battle, but they don't have the depth to compete for long. A slow start for DB, due to the long drive, will probably be the best advantage CC has, and that won't last through even half of the 1st Qtr. Big win for the Indians, can't wait to see you guys in Johnson City. Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Indians will overwhelm Campbell County on offense. They've simply got too much for Campbell County to match up with. Key on Chris, and Ashlon and Derrick will make you pay. Jamie is a player, and he makes an impact at any position that GC asks him to play. Justin is the lightning to Chris' thunder, and I haven't even gotten to talk about the defense yet. This is a special DB team, and Campbell County just doesn't have it. CC will battle, but they don't have the depth to compete for long. A slow start for DB, due to the long drive, will probably be the best advantage CC has, and that won't last through even half of the 1st Qtr. Big win for the Indians, can't wait to see you guys in Johnson City. Good luck to both teams.

We do have a great bunch of guys and I'm very glad that Adams will be on the other side of the field this year.He is just a difference maker and has great ability.Who have we played that is close to CC this year in talent and as a team ?

We do have a great bunch of guys and I'm very glad that Adams will be on the other side of the field this year.He is just a difference maker and has great ability.Who have we played that is close to CC this year in talent and as a team ?

As a Science Hill fan, I try to see most of the Topper's games. I looked at DB's schedule, and the only team that I have seen play that I could deem similar to CC would be Jeff Co. Before anybody gets bent out of shape, let me say that CC is a classy group of players and coaches, and they play a sportsmanlike game, no matter what the score is. CC is a stubborn running team, much like Jeff Co, and they don't have the tools on offense to play from behind, much like Jeff Co. CC's QB was 0-6 with 1 or 2 picks I believe, but he had a rushing TD set up by an 80-85 yd option keeper (The PA called it 81 yds, the Johnson City Press called it 86 yds). They are going to live and die on the option. Their QB is the coach's son, and he played as good a game as you could ask in terms of running the option. He isn't fast, he won't run anyone over, but he is very smart with his reads, and can find running lanes that compensate for his athletic ability. They threw it once in the 1st half and that was picked off, and they wouldn't throw the ball again until obvious passing situations in the 4th qtr. Campbell County has some decent skill players, Tyler Albright was leading the conference with 981 yds rushing and 14 Tds before the SH game, but not enough depth. Alot of their players play both ways, and with DB having a fantastic running game, CC will eventually get worn out. 3 or 4 drives of CS #32, and CC will most likely run out of gas. CC plays gritty but honest, and they will show some heart and character; however, the depth issue will be too much to overcome and the Tribe should take this one going away.

As a Science Hill fan, I try to see most of the Topper's games. I looked at DB's schedule, and the only team that I have seen play that I could deem similar to CC would be Jeff Co. Before anybody gets bent out of shape, let me say that CC is a classy group of players and coaches, and they play a sportsmanlike game, no matter what the score is. CC is a stubborn running team, much like Jeff Co, and they don't have the tools on offense to play from behind, much like Jeff Co. CC's QB was 0-6 with 1 or 2 picks I believe, but he had a rushing TD set up by an 80-85 yd option keeper (The PA called it 81 yds, the Johnson City Press called it 86 yds). They are going to live and die on the option. Their QB is the coach's son, and he played as good a game as you could ask in terms of running the option. He isn't fast, he won't run anyone over, but he is very smart with his reads, and can find running lanes that compensate for his athletic ability. They threw it once in the 1st half and that was picked off, and they wouldn't throw the ball again until obvious passing situations in the 4th qtr. Campbell County has some decent skill players, Tyler Albright was leading the conference with 981 yds rushing and 14 Tds before the SH game, but not enough depth. Alot of their players play both ways, and with DB having a fantastic running game, CC will eventually get worn out. 3 or 4 drives of CS #32, and CC will most likely run out of gas. CC plays gritty but honest, and they will show some heart and character; however, the depth issue will be too much to overcome and the Tribe should take this one going away.

It sounds like a very good team that will fight to the end,now if we had a road straight over to Campbell County that would nice!

I forgot to say it but Karns is playing very good football right now.We gave up about 50% more yards than against Sevier co. and the game was up for grabs in the forth quarter.If you don't throw out the records,you will make all the highlights in Knoxville.

If both teams stack the box with 8 or 9,it wouldn't surprise me.Dobyns-Bennett has not scored more than 31 points since way back in august.What does surprise me,is that we still think the competition hasn't figured that out yet.If we would open up the passing game on first and second downs with all the great athletes that we have,I don't honestly think there is a team in the state that could stop us.That doesn't have a thing in the world to do with the lofty ranking that we have,because rankings are not worth two pennies..We have one of the best running backs in east Tennessee and one of the best QB and receiver combinations.

"IF", that is why DB continues to bite it come playoff time. Yes, other teams have figured out that GC is calling the plays and he IS NOT AN OFFENSIVE COACH. Maybe a line coach where he played, but not calling plays. Consider this, #9 caught his first pass this year Friday night, he was a target last year and made some nice catches. The fullback has not scored all year. GC very seldom uses the fullback unless for the pass play in the flats. It is 10 or 32 who runs the ball in the red zone. You think another team cant coach against that? Lets pad those stats for a few cetain players. The play is hand it off to CS over and over. Yes, he eventually breaks some, but come third and fourth round, (providing GC can get them that far) DB will be playing equal talent and the chances of breaking one will be fewer. Once again Friday night, as in past years, GC puts some kids in and guess what, THEY CAN PLAY TOO! There is plenty of talent standing on the sidelines that never get in. Why do you think they transfered to North and why do you think North has done so good? It is absolutly stupid that he does not use some other kids. #77 has played good the past several games and could easily come in to give somebody a breather on defense. #63 is a good LB and will flat hit, in fact he started one game but All American #14 has replaced everybody's playing time. #15 is a good running back and could come in to rest #32. #15 started against K Bearden and did a good job. GC has loaded the punt block team with So's to keep them from quiting like 16 seniors have done this year and they have not blocked a punt or returned a punt of any distance. That will kill DB come play off time. (the dropped ball 2 weeks ago was the punter, not DB) Every year there are some good seniors that should be playing. He has yet to get a second string kicker in the game, that will bite him next year and maybe this year if #16 were to get hurt on the field or in his soccer games. Bottom line, this team is as talented as some of GC's best teams. And once again 2 things will keep the the Tirbe fans from betting to Boro. One, playing the same kids the entire game. The raising of the four fingers for the fourth quarter was because DB owned the 4th. They would wear down teams and pound them in the fourth. Come playoff time DB will be the team that is out of gas come the 4th. Secondly as long as GC is calling the plays, get ready for basketball season. Give GC about 4 more years until he can retire ( remember his first years of teaching were in VA and they dont count) Plus he needs to make sure #14 is all state.

"IF", that is why DB continues to bite it come playoff time. Yes, other teams have figured out that GC is calling the plays and he IS NOT AN OFFENSIVE COACH. Maybe a line coach where he played, but not calling plays. Consider this, #9 caught his first pass this year Friday night, he was a target last year and made some nice catches. The fullback has not scored all year. GC very seldom uses the fullback unless for the pass play in the flats. It is 10 or 32 who runs the ball in the red zone. You think another team cant coach against that? Lets pad those stats for a few cetain players. The play is hand it off to CS over and over. Yes, he eventually breaks some, but come third and fourth round, (providing GC can get them that far) DB will be playing equal talent and the chances of breaking one will be fewer. Once again Friday night, as in past years, GC puts some kids in and guess what, THEY CAN PLAY TOO! There is plenty of talent standing on the sidelines that never get in. Why do you think they transfered to North and why do you think North has done so good? It is absolutly stupid that he does not use some other kids. #77 has played good the past several games and could easily come in to give somebody a breather on defense. #63 is a good LB and will flat hit, in fact he started one game but All American #14 has replaced everybody's playing time. #15 is a good running back and could come in to rest #32. #15 started against K Bearden and did a good job. GC has loaded the punt block team with So's to keep them from quiting like 16 seniors have done this year and they have not blocked a punt or returned a punt of any distance. That will kill DB come play off time. (the dropped ball 2 weeks ago was the punter, not DB) Every year there are some good seniors that should be playing. He has yet to get a second string kicker in the game, that will bite him next year and maybe this year if #16 were to get hurt on the field or in his soccer games. Bottom line, this team is as talented as some of GC's best teams. And once again 2 things will keep the the Tirbe fans from betting to Boro. One, playing the same kids the entire game. The raising of the four fingers for the fourth quarter was because DB owned the 4th. They would wear down teams and pound them in the fourth. Come playoff time DB will be the team that is out of gas come the 4th. Secondly as long as GC is calling the plays, get ready for basketball season. Give GC about 4 more years until he can retire ( remember his first years of teaching were in VA and they dont count) Plus he needs to make sure #14 is all state.

I'll start by saying that GC's boy is a very good linebacker,and I have no problem with him being on the field because he is good enough to play without daddy being the coach.{#77 Sammy},has been the man since way back at the first of the season,I don't think{ Desmond#52} had but about two or three tackles before he got hurt.He will give us depth on the line and when we go to a four man front,he and Sammy will be huge together. I agree that we need more depth and would love to see more kids play.My only concern is that we will be three and out when we try to run over real good teams . Then we will be 7 or 14 points behind when we try to open it up against a 7 or 8 man defensive backfield.

Were you in a bad auto accident ?, fell down some stairs ?, get hit with a baseball bat ? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Hmmm... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Basketball season is gonna be here fast. Maybe you should take it easy on those kids, though. They may see 2nd round?

But, no matter. The plaques in that old dusty trophy case could use some TLC. Those dry rotted relics are over 50 years old so be careful. That should keep the kids busy during study hall.

Case full of old plaques. But DB's got no balls.

Basketball season is gonna be here fast. Maybe you should take it easy on those kids, though. They may see 2nd round?

But, no matter. The plaques in that old dusty trophy case could use some TLC. Those dry rotted relics are over 50 years old so be careful. That should keep the kids busy during study hall.

Case full of old plaques. But DB's got no balls.

I wish you would quit dreaming about our balls. Are you from San Francisco ?

I wish you would quit dreaming about our balls. Are you from San Francisco ?

You just keep hinting 'bout yourself and your needs. Call someone who cares.

All I'm talking about is DB's lack of success in the playoffs for the past 40+ years.

Thats why you always hear "DB's got no Balls!"