DB @ Campbell Co.

CougarTrav02

For some other players to get to play, somebody else must have been coaching and not the great GC. If GC were coaching he must be either reading Coach T or he is feeling the heat to try to play some other players should he lose in the next few weeks when it really counts. The fullback finally scored and GC finally tried other plays other than CS left, right, middle. Never went back to #9 or what has happened to #3. Even North HS Thursday night used a majority of it's extra players on special teams to rest the starters. #15 rips off another long run. Since Knox Bearden #15 has been nonexistant. GC could learn a few things from BAMA. Saban used everybody to wear down UT in the second half. They used players not even mentioned on the depth chart, 10 deep on WR's, 5 deep on TE's, and 4 tailbacks. Between GC's play calling, players being worn out come 4th quarter and #14 playing on every team, this team will have the unfortune of not going as far as they should. The heat in the kitchen just got turned up this week, he now plays a top team that not only determines the champion but also where they play in the playoffs. GC has not ever gone 2 years straight without winning the conference outright. As in the past, the combined record of the teams he beat this year is 35-47 and only 2 teams have winning records. A good team is not only deep in numbers, but uses them. The rubber meets the road one week early this year. In the past J City had folded their tents by week number 10, NOT THIS YEAR! A win this year by J City will be a bitter pill for GC. If he stubs his toe with this year's team, the undercurrent just got stronger and his Mayberry BS will not last forever. GC can fool some of you on here, but he is not fooling KPT. -coaches, former players, school board members and the list goes on. Friday night-Trick or Treat!

Are you already campaining for the 2009 Mo-Ron of the year award? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Here we have a coach that is the most suscessful coach in DB history, has his team undefeated, is ranked #1 by the AP, and ranked #5 in the 100% correct WaCoJaCo poll and you come on here with this garbage. Tell us something, just where do you coach and what is your record????????

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with that. I think Roop should have been playing dogback or free safety all year.He is back up QB, but he is also a good all around athlete.The kind you want in the game .Our defense has to improve every game.The games only get harder.Slyvester should be back soon. Gilligan here we come /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

OK,I'll respond plowboy2.What I was saying about the defensive backfield ,was get Chris in there somewhere along with Justin and Jason and a couple more.Then we would cover a lot more of the field.I was pushing more for seeing Chris on defense with Justin.For that matter,I'd like to see Justin in the backfield with Chris on offense.I have enjoyed watching our kids make great plays all year,but what I want more then anything right now is for this team to keep making smart moves like {throwing on first and second downs}and win,win,win,win,win,win.That's one at a time for six weeks.

OK,I'll respond plowboy2.What I was saying about the defensive backfield ,was get Chris in there somewhere along with Justin and Jason and a couple more.Then we would cover a lot more of the field.I was pushing more for seeing Chris on defense with Justin.For that matter,I'd like to see Justin in the backfield with Chris on offense.I have enjoyed watching our kids make great plays all year,but what I want more then anything right now is for this team to keep making smart moves like {throwing on first and second downs}and win,win,win,win,win,win.That's one at a time for six weeks.

You really didn't respond to what I said about Roop.Don't U think that he should have been playing D also? Also #15 could be fielding punts instead of our QB.It's ok to say yes or no. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You really didn't respond to what I said about Roop.Don't U think that he should have been playing D also? Also #15 could be fielding punts instead of our QB.It's ok to say yes or no. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

First Mark #15,I like this young man and would like to see him on the field more.I don't think our QB should be within five yards of the field when we are doing special teams for the most part,maybe good hands return in a key spot.I thought coming into the summer that our dogbacks would be Brown and whoever they wanted on the other side.When they moved Jason to dog,anybody thats watched this team for a few years,knew he would play over whoever.Brown quit and that left one spot.Justin's brother Devon,Roop and I think they were talking about moving Chris there as well{ Thats probably why Brown quit}They didn't move Chris there,and it came down to Roop and Devon.Both are fine athletes and were both co-starters coming into the fall.I don't coach and I don't have the last say,that's for GC and his staff only.This is their team and so far,except for the run,run,run punt early on,it has been a great season.

.What I'm saying is put Chris out there somewhere and let him feast on the enemy offense along with Justin.

First Mark #15,I like this young man and would like to see him on the field more.I don't think our QB should be within five yards of the field when we are doing special teams for the most part,maybe good hands return in a key spot.I thought coming into the summer that our dogbacks would be Brown and whoever they wanted on the other side.When they moved Jason to dog,anybody thats watched this team for a few years,knew he would play over whoever.Brown quit and that left one spot.Justin's brother Devon,Roop and I think they were talking about moving Chris there as well{ Thats probably why Brown quit}They didn't move Chris there,and it came down to Roop and Devon.Both are fine athletes and were both co-starters coming into the fall.I don't coach and I don't have the last say,that's for GC and his staff only.This is their team and so far,except for the run,run,run punt early on,it has been a great season.

.What I'm saying is put Chris out there somewhere and let him feast on the enemy offense along with Justin.

Thanks for the reply.I thought T Brown was going to be a great player,so did alot of others.It is amazing how things change once they get to varsity.A lot of good athletes are passed over.I just hope that D.Watson can keep the D ready for the up coming games.Looks like we will probably see the Smokey Bears again.

Thanks for the reply.I thought T Brown was going to be a great player,so did alot of others.It is amazing how things change once they get to varsity.A lot of good athletes are passed over.I just hope that D.Watson can keep the D ready for the up coming games.Looks like we will probably see the Smokey Bears again.

We won't see the Smokey Bears again.

I don't disagree with the way Clark is using his players. The only thing I might change is I would put #3 as my return man on kickoffs and punts, simply because I think he is better back there. Not because I think Jamie might get hurt. I think you should have your best players on the field when possible. Starting Friday night I would have Jamie and Sensabaugh in that defensive backfield when possible and thats where they would play in every playoff game. I think your in trouble when you don't put a guy in the game because your affraid he might get hurt.

If SC made the playoffs and won a couple of games and we did the same,it could happen.I think thats a lot of if's however

Region 2 puts the best 4 teams in the playoffs just about every year. Its hard enough for the Region 1 champion to get by their #4. And before all you DB haters jump on that one it would be the same for any other Region. Middle East Tn. seems to be the hot bed for high school football in Tennessee. class 2A, 3A, 4A, and 5A. They may not win a state championship every year, but there will be more "top teams" in that area than anywhere else in the state. Thats just the way it is. Has the Region 1 #4 ever beat the Region 2 #1 ?

Region 2 puts the best 4 teams in the playoffs just about every year. Its hard enough for the Region 1 champion to get by their #4. And before all you DB haters jump on that one it would be the same for any other Region. Middle East Tn. seems to be the hot bed for high school football in Tennessee. class 2A, 3A, 4A, and 5A. They may not win a state championship every year, but there will be more "top teams" in that area than anywhere else in the state. Thats just the way it is. Has the Region 1 #4 ever beat the Region 2 #1 ?

Good point, but a 7-3 Sevier county team did go on and win the state in '99