Maryville and Re-Classification

sportsfreak

I like the confidence, but I wouldn't necessarily assume we'll be playing for it all next year. I feel comfortable predicting a Region Championship next year, but after that it's too early to know how we'll be playing - let alone the rest of the area/state.

I agree oldrebel, sometimes I get a little to excited. As far as that goes, we still have a lot of work to do this year.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have got to be kidding. The competition will be much more difficult. Farragut, OR, W-B, D-B, Science Hill, Sevier Co, etc. Maryville will be competitive but not state title contenders.

Please say that you are kidding..W-B? Sevier County?....thats hilarious...I hope Maryville can be "competitive" with those schools....Im not saying those 5a teams are bad...but the game would most likely be over by 3rd quarter with all of those schools

Please say that you are kidding..W-B? Sevier County?....thats hilarious...I hope Maryville can be "competitive" with those schools....Im not saying those 5a teams are bad...but the game would most likely be over by 3rd quarter with all of those schools

I am not kidding at all. W-B beat M'ville last year except for a bad call at the goal post. M'ville has a great program and will be competitive for Conference championships (whatever that means in the Knoxville area). But as a AAA - D1 playoff seed they will likely lose some regular season games and have to travel more in the earlier playoff rounds. There is no way that the Red Rebels could have gotten past some of the Riverdale teams that won 5A state titles a few years ago. Maryville and MBA are the top two name recognition HS teams in TN right now on a national level. Maryville's long term continued excellence (whether the streak ends this year or not) is good for HS football in the state.

Folks talk about classifications and transfers for MHS all the time, in some ways these thoughts could hold some weight. Its no secret Maryville gets transfers, in fact it may be interesting to know the zip codes of the kids on the roster vs the Maryville zoned zip codes. BUT the truth is this. How many people believe the Red Rebels have more tallent than Powell or Clinton or Alcoa or even Central. I have seen all these teams and I guarantee the answer is NO. Maryville looks very average tallent wise. I would like to give an illustration, below is a box containing a series of the letter B can you find the single number 8 in the Box?

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

BBBBBB8BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

George quarles and staff would find the answer quickly while your rubbing your head. As long as this Maryville coaching staff stays together the Red Rebels will win big.

By the way the single number 8 is in row 8, 7 over from the left.

Yeah! Red Bank,Rhea County,Cleveland,MOWest,TN High and Sullivan South are terrible. My memory may be slipping but didn't Red Bank win a 5A Title in 2000? I figure a team that used to be in BIG BAD 5A would dominate us little guys in little bitty ole 4a.

I just hope Maryville can win a title in their last year of 4A. Because! When they go to BIG BAD 6A and play the BIG BOYS they will go 0-10 every year.

Oh come on! They will go 3-7, at least!

I am not kidding at all. W-B beat M'ville last year except for a bad call at the goal post.

etfan iz yore reel naim "johnandjimmy"....?????.......Whur ewe undur tha gole post last yeer when my classmait Honest Sang maid tha call....???????......Will-Yum Blunt won tha rushin' total....But Mairvul won in 1st downs, Total offense, Passin' Yards, etc......And besides even IF tha kick wood haiv ben good hit wood haiv steal onlee tied tha gaim .... knot won hit fer 'em.....And Mairvul wood haiv had 2 minettes fer GQ two run another "smoke and mirrors " play......... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Folks talk about classifications and transfers for MHS all the time, in some ways these thoughts could hold some weight. Its no secret Maryville gets transfers, in fact it may be interesting to know the zip codes of the kids on the roster vs the Maryville zoned zip codes. BUT the truth is this. How many people believe the Red Rebels have more tallent than Powell or Clinton or Alcoa or even Central. I have seen all these teams and I guarantee the answer is NO. Maryville looks very average tallent wise. I would like to give an illustration, below is a box containing a series of the letter B can you find the single number 8 in the Box?

BBBBBB8BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

George quarles and staff would find the answer quickly while your rubbing your head. As long as this Maryville coaching staff stays together the Red Rebels will win big.

By the way the single number 8 is in row 8, 7 over from the left.

Falcons2010......Ewe can haiv all tha "talent" ewe want.....Butt footbawl iz a TEAM game and we haiv tha GOLD BALLS two prove hit......And as fer as yore 8's ....Hits way two hard fer me two figger out..... And eye've rubbed my haid on stuff easier than that......./blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Once they get to the semifinals, they are home free to the state championship game. Whereas, the Hillsboro and Maplewoods have to meet up with those athletic teams from Memphis in the semis each year.

With all of the better teams you all play in the west and middle it should make you better, correct? Then beat MARYVILLE !!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />