Maryville and Re-Classification

sportsfreak

I'm from Henry County all the way over here in west tn and i can tell you a big reason they win a lot of state titles is coaching. if you had the pleasure of knowing coach quarles then you would understand. they've got a good group of guys over there that i would like to think is the 2nd best coaching staff in the state just behind HC /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> . but serioulsy if your truly a football fan then you know there are no excuses in the game. regardless their enrollment they can only put 11 on the field. hopefully my boys from Henry county will have a chance to meet up with maryville this year cause that means we're doing something right. good luck to the rebs the rest of the year and don't let this hogwash bother ya

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RebelRon beat me to it...Was gonna say there is more to 4A in East Tennessee than just region 3. Both Morristown schools have a rich tradition (East owns a title, West played for one in 2003). Up north there is Sullivan South and Tennessee High. Down south the Chattanooga schools know how to put up a fight.

Being from Blount County (not a grad of Maryville), as much as I hated losing to the Rebels, I always admired and had tremendous respect for their program. I know Coach Quarles and he is a great guy. Best coach in the state is not a bad reputation t have either.

This has been talked about for a long time and now you have decided to crawl out from under a rock and try to throw cold water on a really good High School Football team that does it the right way. Look back about two weeks ago and you will find the same discussion by a group of people just like you.

There are a lot of schools that have a member on the Board Of Control and Maryville has a principle that is on the Board. Are you stupid enuff to believe that the Board would let Maryville have special treatment and not get any special treatment for thier own schools? My advice to you is to crawl back under your rock and let the season play it's self out. Next year you can start talking about Maryville in 6A and you can dream up a whole new discussion about how Maryville cheated to get there.

The base number of 1350 was 4 years ago and if you would look for the details before you try to tarnish the hard work of so many kids, you could have spent this day under your rock.

Rebel9

What a classy way to explain it.

STARS is it Shady that sportsfreak sounds a lot like Brandon100 who we have not heard this from this year or is it just me?

mat eye cant say nothin' bad about Brandon100.....Eye wont him two bye me anuthur plus mimburship this yeer..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What a classy way to explain it.

Eye agree Bldrunner...Rebel9 iz a lot nicer than me and did an excellunt job.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You have got to be kidding. The competition will be much more difficult. Farragut, OR, W-B, D-B, Science Hill, Sevier Co, etc. Maryville will be competitive but not state title contenders.

Competitive , but not even a contender for the State Title ......WOW , THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW IN ADVANCE HOW USELESS IT WILL BE TO EVEN PLAY FOOTBALL AFTER THIS YEAR . Oops , sorry for the caps . etfan has me rattled ... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Three things will happen when Maryville moves from 4A to THE BIG BOY LEAGUE.

#1. A lot of 4A coaches will be really happy.

#2. A lot of coaches in the BIG BOY LEAGUE will be un-happy

#3. Maryville will be playing the 6th game in Murfreesboro on Championship Weekend instead of the 4th.

Rebel9

will happen ...

#3. Maryville will be playing the 6th game in Murfreesboro on Championship Weekend instead of the 4th.

I like the confidence, but I wouldn't necessarily assume we'll be playing for it all next year. I feel comfortable predicting a Region Championship next year, but after that it's too early to know how we'll be playing - let alone the rest of the area/state.