Maryville and Re-Classification

sportsfreak

Once they get to the semifinals, they are home free to the state championship game. Whereas, the Hillsboro and Maplewoods have to meet up with those athletic teams from Memphis in the semis each year.

The same teams from Memphis that Maryville beat in the state championship 2 years in a row???....Those athletic teams from memphis????

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STARS is it Shady that sportsfreak sounds a lot like Brandon100 who we have not heard this from this year or is it just me?

Actually, matback, I have taken a back seat this year. I have been doing this chatroom thing for a long time (5 years longer than you) and I'm tired of the bantering. I would rather read the posts. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm tired of playing the role of whipping boy to give you guys some laughs. You guys (not all but most) only see things one way and one way only, and no one else has an opinion, and if they do and it is different from yours, it's wrong. AGAIN.....THIS VIDEO PRETTY MUCH SUMS IT UP..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPP3aTB6nLo /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I would say the local diner in Maryville looks about like this table on Saturday morning with all the faithful fellows in their 40's and 50's in Maryville hats and jackets (or MAYBE letterjackets from years past /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ) breaking down the game against Lenoir City or any other pitiful, tired, weak sister team outside of Alcoa that you play the night before during regular season....the nine teams you have played in 2008 have a combined record of 32-41, and if you do the math....they have average records of 4-5. Ok.....now I know what I am going to hear...."How DARE you ridicule these area teams and make light of what such an upstanding team has done" or "I bet you feel more of a person by making fun of high school kids"...some of you wear that line out...it is not ridicule or "make light of".....it is fact that your regular season teams with the exception of Alcoa are traditionally weak. For the folks that have followed my posts for years, you know I am not a "hater" rather someone who makes you think. I respect Maryville football to the max. I believe Coach Quarles gets more from his players than any coach I have seen in the last 20 years. I believe Maryville kids are disciplined football players that are fundamentally sound. I believe Maryville has great tradition. I believe that Maryville is one of the top 5 most storied programs the state has ever seen in any level or classification. I believe it is a honor to play for Maryville and a MAJOR honor to start for Maryville. I believe the results of BA playing Maryville this year or most years in the last 5-10 would probably put one up in the "L" column for BA. Again, you guys are a great program....it is, though, time for you to move up in classification (yeah.....6 DI classifications.....THAT is what the TSSAA needs.....let's water it down even more.....) and get the "tired old sisters" off your schedule in the regular season. Matback....if you think I am sportsfreak or whoever you claim I might be.....ask Soly the moderator to check IP addresses and you will see maybe others have similar thoughts....it's not just one idiot from Middle TN. I'm sure what I will hear next is that I am sending stories to someone to post for me because it is "my style of writing".... /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

I am also tired of defending DII for years. The recruiting comments get old. I am also tired of you guys going to all ends to out my websites and identity.....it is like I am dealing with a bunch of extremists in hopes it would hurt my business or family should a radical from east TN be my way or see me on the street or at work....OR posting where you can find my picture so you guys have a "Wanted....Dead or Alive" poster should you see me at a State Championship so you can "get me"......lynch mob mentality.....Again, I would rather just read. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Actually, matback, I have taken a back seat this year. I have been doing this chatroom thing for a long time (5 years longer than you) and I'm tired of the bantering. I would rather read the posts. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm tired of playing the role of whipping boy to give you guys some laughs. You guys (not all but most) only see things one way and one way only, and no one else has an opinion, and if they do and it is different from yours, it's wrong. AGAIN.....THIS VIDEO PRETTY MUCH SUMS IT UP..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPP3aTB6nLo /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I would say the local diner in Maryville looks about like this table on Saturday morning with all the faithful fellows in their 40's and 50's in Maryville hats and jackets breaking down the game against Lenoir City or any other pitiful, tired, weak sister team outside of Alcoa that you play the night before during regular season....the teams you have played in 2008 have a combined record of 32-41, and if you do the math....they have average records of 4-5. Ok.....now I know what I am going to hear...."How DARE you ridicule these area teams and make light of what such an upstanding team has done" or "I bet you feel more of a person by making fun of high school kids"...some of you wear that line out...it is not ridicule or "make light of".....it is fact that your regular season teams with the exception of Alcoa are traditionally weak. For the folks that have followed my posts for years, you know I am not a "hater" reather someone who makes you think. I respect Maryville football to the max. I believe Coach Quarles gets more from his players than any coach I have ever seen in the last 20 years. I believe Maryville kids are disciplined football players that are fundamentally sound. I believe Maryville has great tradition. I believe that Maryville is one of the top 5 most storied programs the state has ever seen in any level or classification. I believe it is a honor to play for Maryville and a MAJOR honor to start for Maryville. I believe the results of BA playing Maryville this year or most years in the last 5-10 would probably put one up in the "L" column for BA. Again, you guys are a great program....it is, though, time for you to move up in classification and get the "tired old sisters" off your schedule in the regular season. Matback....if you think I am sportsfreak or whoever you claim I might be.....ask Soly the moderator to check IP addresses and you will see maybe others have similar thoughts....it's not just one idiot from Middle TN. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I'm sure what I will hear next is that I am sending stories to someone to post for me because it is "my style of writing".... /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

I am also tired of defending DII for years. The recruiting comments get old. I am also tired of you guys going to all ends to out my websites and identity.....it is like I am dealing with a bunch of extremists in hopes it would hurt my business or family should a radical from east TN be my way or see me on the street or at work.........Again, I would rather just read. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Brandon100 maybee next yeer we'll get "spunky knew sisters".........Piece Out......

Brandon100 maybee next yeer we'll get "spunky knew sisters".........Piece Out......

Think of it this way......there will be a whole new set of victims......surely you guys get tired of seeing Maryville whip the snot out of the same teams year end and year out. The only thing good about the teams you guys play against is even the Maryville freshman team gets varsity playing time every week (if freshmen get to play varsity). It wouldn't suprise me if you have lots of players that are 4 year lettermen. All the parents get to see their kid play......that is the upside of your current schedule.

The way I see it is, Maryville will still win ballgames. The games will be tougher and more physical on them but they will still have the coaching and knowledge to win close games. No matter what level they play, the kids are always prepared to play. GQ does not have the talent on this team like in years past, but he has coached the kids he has to be as good or even better than some of the ones that have left. That is why they are so good year in and year out. He takes average players and makes stars out of them. Thats the bottom line. Good Luck Maryville, Hope you bring home another Gold Ball....

Think of it this way......there will be a whole new set of victims......surely you guys get tired of seeing Maryville whip the snot out of the same teams year end and year out. The only thing good about the teams you guys play against is even the Maryville freshman team gets varsity playing time every week (if freshmen get to play varsity). It wouldn't suprise me if you have lots of players that are 4 year lettermen. All the parents get to see their kid play......that is the upside of your current schedule.

Wow Brandon I never thought I'd say this, but hearing from you is actually a relief from some of the crap we've been getting this year. You're a total upgrade from our new Oak Ridge friend. As long as we can keep it as productive as your first couple of posts here, I think we can get along just fine.

I'm not sure that you're quite on point here though. I don't see any Maryville folks complaining about the reclassification. Of course we'll always defend our schedule (you of all people know that) and our accomplishments up to this point. Naturally, we'll also state our belief in the validity of our current and past classification. But I've not heard the MHS faithful complaining about moving up. I think that we all realize it will be a tougher path to the gold ball in the future, and I think there will be some new excitement with new opponents next year. It is what it is, and GQ and staff will prepare our kids for that to the best of their abilities.

We'll just have to see where that will take us. So far we've been pleased with the results.

I would say the local diner in Maryville looks about like this table on Saturday morning with all the faithful fellows in their 40's and 50's in Maryville hats and jackets (or MAYBE letterjackets from years past /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ) breaking down the game against Lenoir City or any other pitiful, tired, weak sister team outside of Alcoa that you play the night before during regular season....the nine teams you have played in 2008 have a combined record of 32-41, and if you do the math....they have average records of 4-5. [/i]

and they still win the State Championship /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm tired of playing the role of whipping boy to give you guys some laughs. You guys (not all but most) only see things one way and one way only, and no one else has an opinion, and if they do and it is different from yours, it's wrong. AGAIN.....THIS VIDEO PRETTY MUCH SUMS IT UP..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPP3aTB6nLo /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I would say the local diner in Maryville looks about like this table on Saturday morning with all the faithful fellows in their 40's and 50's in Maryville hats and jackets (or MAYBE letterjackets from years past /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ) breaking down the game against Lenoir City or any other pitiful, tired, weak sister team outside of Alcoa that you play the night before during regular season....the nine teams you have played in 2008 have a combined record of 32-41, and if you do the math....they have average records of 4-5. Ok.....now I know what I am going to hear...."How DARE you ridicule these area teams and make light of what such an upstanding team has done" or "I bet you feel more of a person by making fun of high school kids"...some of you wear that line out...it is not ridicule or "make light of".....it is fact that your regular season teams with the exception of Alcoa are traditionally weak. For the folks that have followed my posts for years, you know I am not a "hater" rather someone who makes you think. I respect Maryville football to the max. I believe Coach Quarles gets more from his players than any coach I have seen in the last 20 years. I believe Maryville kids are disciplined football players that are fundamentally sound. I believe Maryville has great tradition. I believe that Maryville is one of the top 5 most storied programs the state has ever seen in any level or classification. I believe it is a honor to play for Maryville and a MAJOR honor to start for Maryville. I believe the results of BA playing Maryville this year or most years in the last 5-10 would probably put one up in the "L" column for BA. Again, you guys are a great program....it is, though, time for you to move up in classification (yeah.....6 DI classifications.....THAT is what the TSSAA needs.....let's water it down even more.....) and get the "tired old sisters" off your schedule in the regular season. Matback....if you think I am sportsfreak or whoever you claim I might be.....ask Soly the moderator to check IP addresses and you will see maybe others have similar thoughts....it's not just one idiot from Middle TN. I'm sure what I will hear next is that I am sending stories to someone to post for me because it is "my style of writing".... /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

I am also tired of defending DII for years. The recruiting comments get old. I am also tired of you guys going to all ends to out my websites and identity.....it is like I am dealing with a bunch of extremists in hopes it would hurt my business or family should a radical from east TN be my way or see me on the street or at work....OR posting where you can find my picture so you guys have a "Wanted....Dead or Alive" poster should you see me at a State Championship so you can "get me"......lynch mob mentality.....Again, I would rather just read. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Dang Brandon.........heck of a post considering your previous track record. I hate to admit it but you are very accurate and thanks for sharing your wisdom with us.