RIVERDALE vs. SMYRNA

BandDawg

Let me give you all some talking points in the wing t VS. A "more talent friendly offence" argument.

My Jr. Year, in a HS in NE Ohio. We ran a wing t offence. We finished the year 4-6. We had several D1 prospects and some that were Sr.'s that should have went to bigger D1 schools, I feel it was because they did not get a great look. Some went on to Smaller MAC schools and did very well at that level.

My Sr. Year we started the year running the wing t, we lost the first 2 games. The coaches made a change and went to an I formation/2 back pro set and we won the last 8 games, went 8-2 and made the playoffs. In the playoffs we won 3 games losing in the simi final game. There were 5 of us that play major collage football.

Some times as a coach your way is not the best way for the team and talent you have. Change and adaptation is the sign of a coach with longevity potential.

Just some food for thought.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me give you all some talking points in the wing t VS. A "more talent friendly offence" argument.

My Jr. Year, in a HS in NE Ohio. We ran a wing t offence. We finished the year 4-6. We had several D1 prospects and some that were Sr.'s that should have went to bigger D1 schools, I feel it was because they did not get a great look. Some went on to Smaller MAC schools and did very well at that level.

My Sr. Year we started the year running the wing t, we lost the first 2 games. The coaches made a change and went to an I formation/2 back pro set and we won the last 8 games, went 8-2 and made the playoffs. In the playoffs we won 3 games losing in the simi final game. There were 5 of us that play major collage football.

Some times as a coach your way is not the best way for the team and talent you have. Change and adaptation is the sign of a coach with longevity potential.

Just some food for thought.

Totally agree with that comment 86.I think coach A needs to scrap the crap(wing-t), and go back to simple i-formation football, and work more on defense.

The one thing I feel fairly sure about is that Coach A isn't going to change anything.

Maybe his place of employment. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I disagree about the wingT. I've been told by a former TC player that the week before their championship in '97, they ran over 100 offensive plays (in the gym, while it was raining). As I said earlier, it just takes a little creativity and effort. I saw you guys play a couple of times last year, while my Jackets were playing scrubs. Looked like you had the perfect personnel to run that offense.... four small, quick backs. It just looked like you ran the basic (almost Jr. Highish) plays. I also think that if you are good enough, college coaches will find you. Just an opinion from an outsider. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />