Stone Mem. vs. LA (Something's gotta give)

2008BARACK

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I gotta play devil's advocate here.

Stone's advantages: Home field advantage. Stone averages roughly 8 points a game, while livingston averages about 4. Not exactly a battle of the offenses, but Stone still has the upside. Stone has the better kick return team also. Even against the greater-than-Livingston teams of AE, Catholic, Fulton and Kingston, usually Stone has good kick returns. Stone has never had an 0-10 season, so they will be ready to play.

Livingston's advantages-I'm bringin out the stats again for this one. Defense could win the game for LA. Stone gives up an average 44 points a game, while LA gives up 28. Stone starts a large percentage of Freshman and sophomores, while LA starts a large percentage of Juniors and Seniors. Experience plays a huge roll in football.

My prediction might change, but as of right now I'm going with-

Stone-7

LA-3

Not gonna be a high scoring game. But then again a win is a win.

Okay I gotta play devil's advocate here.

Stone's advantages: Home field advantage. Stone averages roughly 8 points a game, while livingston averages about 4.

Livingston's advantages-I'm bringin out the stats again for this one. Defense could win the game for LA. Stone gives up an average 44 points a game, while LA gives up 28.

My prediction might change, but as of right now I'm going with-

Stone-7

LA-3

Not gonna be a high scoring game. But then again a win is a win.

You might need to redo your math. Cause Stone is averaging 8 points a game while Livingston is averaging 6 point a game. Also, on the defense side of the ball Stone is giving up 42 points a game where Livingston is giving up 29 points a game.

I am going with Livingston by 21 points.

After hearing all of those numbers its pretty hard to get excited about this thread.

Good Point! It does make it sound a bit like a very unimpressive match-up.

As I have commented before both of these schools play extremely difficult schedules, and despite the bad records they are not bad teams. I personally think Livingston is the best winless team in the state (if that matters at all). LA does have a very solid defense and will win this one. Stone at home will keep it very close.

LA: 3

Stone: 0

Good Point! It does make it sound a bit like a very unimpressive match-up.

As I have commented before both of these schools play extremely difficult schedules, and despite the bad records they are not bad teams. I personally think Livingston is the best winless team in the state (if that matters at all). LA does have a very solid defense and will win this one. Stone at home will keep it very close.

LA: 3

Stone: 0

Do they make a patch for best winless team to go on letterman jackets??

You might need to redo your math. Cause Stone is averaging 8 points a game while Livingston is averaging 6 point a game. Also, on the defense side of the ball Stone is giving up 42 points a game where Livingston is giving up 29 points a game.

I am going with Livingston by 21 points.

I gotta congratulate you on arguing with every single one of my posts. You really seem to have a thing with bashing me with wrong information.

I got those stats straight out of prep xtra. They didn't have the stats for the bledsoe game, so i added in those stats and that where i came up with the numbers. And i guarantee you they're right. Argue with the knoxnews guys if you want the numbers changed.