Sequoyah Football

Looking a lot better. Good job against Polk, I picked the upset - but oh,well. Not to change your thread (?), but just wondering your thoughts on which team is better PC or MC.

Good Luck the rest of the way Seq. will be fine next year.

Can they still make the playoffs?

To awnser your question about PC or MC. These are teams that are very different on offense in thier approach. Both are good teams with good Defenses. Central is better on special teams. This game will be determined by Polks defense vs Centrals Offense. If Polks D can limit Central and keep it low scoreing they will have a real shot at winning. If Central scores more than 3 times the chargers will win. I don't think Polks offense can put up alot of points on Central's D.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking a lot better. Good job against Polk, I picked the upset - but oh,well. Not to change your thread (?), but just wondering your thoughts on which team is better PC or MC.

Good Luck the rest of the way Seq. will be fine next year.

Can they still make the playoffs?

Well both teams are very good. However, MC killed us in our game earlier in the year. They've got a great passing game and high school defenses in general aren't very good defending the pass... On the other hand Polk County has a great running game. But in high school sports, if you have a passing game at all, you're doing pretty good... So I would have to go with Polk...

where can I find next years region line up

Not out as of yet. Teams that I have been told that will be in our region are: Sweetwater, Meigs, McMinn Central and Polk. I'm sure a few more will be added soon. Loudon will be on our schedule but not in our region as of now. We will also be playing non region games with Tellico and Lenior City.

Not out as of yet. Teams that I have been told that will be in our region are: Sweetwater, Meigs, McMinn Central and Polk. I'm sure a few more will be added soon. Loudon will be on our schedule but not in our region as of now. We will also be playing non region games with Tellico and Lenior City.

I would like to see them get Greenback on the schedule again. Almost no travel for either school and would generate a decent gate for both schools.

I would like to see them get Greenback on the schedule again. Almost no travel for either school and would generate a decent gate for both schools.

Yeah Greenback would be awesome to schedule next year or in the years to come... I think by next year it would be a good game because Greenback is losing ALOT of their seniors that are starters this year and the 'Kees underclassmen will have to step up a play some football. On the other hand, Sequoyah will also lose alot of Seniors, however we have a great JV team that has proven they are pretty good. So i think it would be a good matchup!

More than likely Sequoyah will be in Region 5 /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Sequoyah AAAA

McMinn Central AAAA

Meigs County AAA

Polk County AAA

Sweetwater AAA

Chattanooga Central AAAA

Hey gang heres what I am thinking: (Feel free to add or delete)

District 3AA:

--------------

Alcoa AAA 544

CAK AAA 734

Austin-East AAA 741

Fulton AAAA 983

Gibbs AAAA 1022

Carter AAAA 1028

District 4AA:

---------------

Meigs Co AAA 559

Polk Co AAA 603

Sweetwater AAA 667

Loudon AAA 702

Kingston AAA 747

McMinn Cen AAAA 802

Sequoyah AAAA 982

Note: Old District 4AA lost Catholic and Anderson Co to AAA

Stone Memorial goes to 7AA or 3AA and Scott Co goes to 2AA or 3AA

Hey gang heres what I am thinking: (Feel free to add or delete)

District 3AA:

--------------

Alcoa AAA 544

CAK AAA 734

Austin-East AAA 741

Fulton AAAA 983

Gibbs AAAA 1022

Carter AAAA 1028

District 4AA:

---------------

Meigs Co AAA 559

Polk Co AAA 603

Sweetwater AAA 667

Loudon AAA 702

Kingston AAA 747

McMinn Cen AAAA 802

Sequoyah AAAA 982

Note: Old District 4AA lost Catholic and Anderson Co to AAA

Stone Memorial goes to 7AA or 3AA and Scott Co goes to 2AA or 3AA

I heard that Loudon was petitioning tssaa to get into the district with Sequoyah, Sweetwater, etc...any truth to the rumor?