Can Harpeth beat Fairview?

ddaddy

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last years match was a barn burner with a Fview goalline stand deciding the contest played on an absolutely horid Harpeth field after the monsoon season came through. Harpeth had success against the defensive secondary with the corners falling down numerous times attempting to run with the Horkins kid. That could be an issue again this year in the rain. I like Fview chances running the ball down hill. and their defense is solid when they aren't playing against the WingT.

No doubt Harpeth will play harder than they have all season, I'm sure Coach Loope has informed his players that their playoffs have already begun. And its Homecoming in Fview, hopefully the jackets can stay away from the distractions and fortunately its against the Indians, Fview never has any problem getting up for Harpeth.

Bottomline: The rain doesn't change the expected outcome

Fview 34 Harpeth 14

Last years game was a barnburner and went to OT as I recall. Harpeth returns the majority of that team. How they do depends upon which Harpeth shows up. I think this year's squad is better defensively than last years. Offensively, their identity has kind of changed as the year's gone on. Week to week even. imo Horkins is by far the best playmaker and the Indians need to get the ball in his hands more than they have the last two. There are others that have stepped up from game to game and Harpeth is deeper than they were last year. I'm looking for an entertaining game in Fairview. The keys for Harpeth are limiting their turnovers on offense and stopping the run on defense.

Last years game was a barnburner and went to OT as I recall. Harpeth returns the majority of that team. How they do depends upon which Harpeth shows up. I think this year's squad is better defensively than last years. Offensively, their identity has kind of changed as the year's gone on. Week to week even. imo Horkins is by far the best playmaker and the Indians need to get the ball in his hands more than they have the last two. There are others that have stepped up from game to game and Harpeth is deeper than they were last year. I'm looking for an entertaining game in Fairview. The keys for Harpeth are limiting their turnovers on offense and stopping the run on defense.

I knew we'd get an informed response from you ks. You know if you would have asked me at the beginning of the year to predict this game I would have went hands down with the Indians. Seems like things just haven't fallen into place for them. FV's talent level and speed has been a suprise to me. I think that on the night that we played them both, FV was a better team then HC. I'm not slamming HC and mean no disrespect.

Truly, Harpeth could easily be 6-2 going into this game. They lost 4th quarter leads against Waverly and East Robertson when they couldn't put the game away. Part of that's from not being in those situations very much over the past 3 or 4 years and knowing how to win. By the same token, the wins against FRA and Richland were not things of beauty offensively. The Richland game in the drizzle last week was painful to watch at times. I don't know who the rain would favor in this game, but my guess is either defense. I'd rather see this game on a dry track.

I think Harpeth/Fairview will develop into a great rivalry since they've come over to 11AA in baseball and basketball. I think the last 2 years are the closest the programs have been to each other from a skill standpoint. When Harpeth was dominate in the late 90's, early 00's, Fairview was down and vice versa. Fairview was able to compete in the ABC region with their talent 3 and 4 years ago while Harpeth was not.

Truly, Harpeth could easily be 6-2 going into this game. They lost 4th quarter leads against Waverly and East Robertson when they couldn't put the game away. Part of that's from not being in those situations very much over the past 3 or 4 years and knowing how to win. By the same token, the wins against FRA and Richland were not things of beauty offensively. The Richland game in the drizzle last week was painful to watch at times. I don't know who the rain would favor in this game, but my guess is either defense. I'd rather see this game on a dry track.

I think Harpeth/Fairview will develop into a great rivalry since they've come over to 11AA in baseball and basketball. I think the last 2 years are the closest the programs have been to each other from a skill standpoint. When Harpeth was dominate in the late 90's, early 00's, Fairview was down and vice versa. Fairview was able to compete in the ABC region with their talent 3 and 4 years ago while Harpeth was not.

I actually attended the game at Richland (talk about a FB junkie). I thought the weather helped Richland, which makes the win more impressive. The fumbles on the punts cancelled each other out. I felt like Harpeth could have thrown the ball with less stress if it had not been for the bad weather and that would have opened up the running game. Richland's defense seemed to feed off the poor footing of the offense and really pined their ears back and came. I was not unimpressed by Harpeth at Richland given the conditions. The 2 big passes that #6 caught was big time. I agree that the more you suceed in any given situation the more it becomes expected by your players. I believe that the players from LC expected to do well at HC this past week and it showed. Once the Indians start to have more positive things happen for them they can win the close games and really start to build. Who knows this game with FV might be the one! Good luck to both teams.

I actually attended the game at Richland (talk about a FB junkie). I thought the weather helped Richland, which makes the win more impressive. The fumbles on the punts cancelled each other out. I felt like Harpeth could have thrown the ball with less stress if it had not been for the bad weather and that would have opened up the running game. Richland's defense seemed to feed off the poor footing of the offense and really pined their ears back and came. I was not unimpressed by Harpeth at Richland given the conditions. The 2 big passes that #6 caught was big time. I agree that the more you suceed in any given situation the more it becomes expected by your players. I believe that the players from LC expected to do well at HC this past week and it showed. Once the Indians start to have more positive things happen for them they can win the close games and really start to build. Who knows this game with FV might be the one! Good luck to both teams.

Touche' ddaddy! I went to the Lewis/Hickman game on Friday. What else is there to do on a Friday night?

When's the last time you saw 2 fumbled/blocked punts inside the opponents 10 not turned into points? It was messy in Lynnville to be sure and a defensive game. I would have liked to have seen #6 with more touches is all. One of the more positive things that has happened this year is that the Indians have built more depth at certain positions and are able to get some more guys a blow every now and then. Several sophomores and freshmen are growing up late in the season.

Looks like another rain game is coming. Fairview play Hickman early in the year to 8-7 ballgame on a wet field. Harpeth has the most recent experience play Richland last week. Did Harpeth learn how to be successful mudders? If so they may have increased their chances on Friday.