Division II Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

Austin Long OT Briarcrest, committed to Georgia, beast of a lineman. My pick for the Lineman of the year.

N'yah...not so much impressed with Austin Long. The 5'10" 175-ish OLB at MUS got tired of Long swatting at him and finally slung him around and tossed him down like a sack of potatoes. The MUS OL and DL...now they're the beasts! MUS has outscored its last three opponents 131-7. You don't get there with weak linemen.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lineman: I'll leave that up to the masses. It is hard to tell. Ensworth has a couple in #55 and 56, MBA has some that are worthy of mention, and I've seen BA's #99 (I think he is actually a TE) absolutely squash people.

Just for the purposes of clarity, 55 for Ensworth is RT David Davis, and 56 is Netterville, who is currently playing LG, but has also played some center and tackle.

Back: Spencer Wise QB MBA- This kid is having an unbelievable year still, despite having not much of a run game and losing a starting TE(D-1 prospect) to injury, he still continues to carry his team. His Stats are below:

COMP ATT % YDS TD INT

105 171 0.614 1373 13 3

Lineman: Alex Bullard BA[]- This kid is impressive with his footwork and strength while blocking. BA is running the ball very well averaging 188 yards per game and doing this without a passing attack.

Kicker: Andrew Fletcher MBA- This kid packs a punch in his 150 pound frame and is 7/11 from field goal range with a long of 53 yards. 3 of his misses were at Bengal Stadium in the same type of wind the Titans faced and the field goals are narrower.

Lineman: Alex Bullard BA[]- This kid is impressive with his footwork and strength while blocking. BA is running the ball very well averaging 188 yards per game and doing this without a passing attack.

EHS is averaging over 317 yards rushing a game, is leading DII in scoring average, and has only given up 2 sacks all year. They also average over 450 yards per game. I think its hard to argue against EHS' offensive line in terms of statistics, and Will Netterville is definitely the leader of their veteran group.

EHS is averaging over 317 yards rushing a game, is leading DII in scoring average, and has only given up 2 sacks all year. They also average over 450 yards per game. I think its hard to argue against EHS' offensive line in terms of statistics, and Will Netterville is definitely the leader of their veteran group.

The Jefferson-Darkwa Tigers are averaging over 450 yards a game and this is true, but the the EHS is really two players and a bunch of blocking dummy's IMHO. But do you really want to compare Alex Bullard vs Will Netterville, or Will Netterville vs Wesley Johnson, Austin Long, etc.. Yes EHS has put up gawdy rushing numbers and yes they have done it twice against good teams in McCallie and MBA. But for a whole season Bullard has played against tougher competition and has still dominated, Netterville is still a good player but I can think of 6 players off the top of my head at the moment that are better.

Austin Long OT Briarcrest, committed to Georgia, beast of a lineman. My pick for the Lineman of the year.

N'yah...not so much impressed with Austin Long. The 5'10" 175-ish OLB at MUS got tired of Long swatting at him and finally slung him around and tossed him down like a sack of potatoes. The MUS OL and DL...now they're the beasts! MUS has outscored its last three opponents 131-7. You don't get there with weak linemen.

No doubt that MUS has good line play or else they would not be undefeated, all I am saying is that a kid committed to a school ranked in the top ten in the BCS and who is an Army All American deserves some credit in this thing.

RB/QB/Athlete: Whatever you want to call it - it has to be Tavarres Jefferson. Anybody that has seen him play would have to want to draft him first out of all positions if we were drafting from DII. He makes things happen in so many ways. He doesn't post the passing stats when he has to - but he gets it done in the air when he has too. Of course, he'd rather use his legs. Down by a point with 2 minutes to go - okay - he returns a kickoff down to the 4 yard line - then runs it in himself on the next play. Orleans is great - and I'd take him over just about any back in DII, but a good amount of his yardage and TDs have come off the option in which Tavarres was able to draw everybody in on him and simply make spectacular pitches at the last possible moment. Anyway, I think I've sold my spill on him.

Lineman: I'll leave that up to the masses. It is hard to tell. Ensworth has a couple in #55 and 56, MBA has some that are worthy of mention, and I've seen BA's #99 (I think he is actually a TE) absolutely squash people.

Kicker: Definitely Fletcher from MBA

I think this link should be figured in two cases. You have AA and A Ball.

45 player totol

5A gets 3 backs 3 lineman

4a gets 3 backs 3 lineman

3a gets 3 backs 3 lineman

2a gets 3 backs 3 lineman

1a gets 3 backs 3 lineman

DII

aa gets 3 backs 3 lineman

a gets 3 backs 3 lineman

21 plus 21 equals 42 players

3 playes all divisions overall for kicking

45 total player

Marlon and Justin will definitly be 2 of the DII A backs.

As far as DII AA, I can only hope that Ensworth RB is not hurt that bad and they at least consider his accomplishments. Do not like to see injury at all. Hope he is ok.

The Jefferson-Darkwa Tigers are averaging over 450 yards a game and this is true, but the the EHS is really two players and a bunch of blocking dummy's IMHO. But do you really want to compare Alex Bullard vs Will Netterville, or Will Netterville vs Wesley Johnson, Austin Long, etc.. Yes EHS has put up gawdy rushing numbers and yes they have done it twice against good teams in McCallie and MBA. But for a whole season Bullard has played against tougher competition and has still dominated, Netterville is still a good player but I can think of 6 players off the top of my head at the moment that are better.

I'm pretty sure if you asked Wesley Johnson whether or not the EHS offensive line is "a bunch of blocking dummies", he wouldn't think so.

Your point about competition is fair, but I don't think Netterville should be punished because of a weaker schedule. His job is to dominate the line of scrimmage against whatever team is lined up across from him, and so far this season he has done exactly that.

Two more quick things. One, Netterville makes everyone around him better. He has a great attitude, a strong work ethic, and he is a leader on and off the field, and it rubs off on his teammates. He may not always be a vocal leader, but he leads by example. Second, you would be hard pressed to find a young man with higher character than Will Netterville. I know this award is about on field accomplishments, but I don't think character can be completely taken out of the equation. Will Netterville is the type of guy who will knock you down and then help you back up, and I think that it would be great to see not just a great athlete, but also a good person be recognized.

Now is your one and only chance to convince me, and several other voters who will be reading this, who the Mr. Football Lineman, Back, and Kicker should be:

I must return the ballot by November 3rd.

Negative remarks will do nothing to help your candidate!

Back-Wesley Tate JPII - 1242 yards rushing with 16 TD.

Lineman Wesley Johnson MBA

Kicker- No too sure, sorry