ECS and Knox Webb not playing up?

Trojan Fan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, those sound like great odds! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Seriously, I am disapointed that ECS and Knox Webb won't be playing up. They should take BGA and Ensworth's lead and step up.

Why would BGA play up? Is it to compete at a higher level in other sports other than football? I hear soccer is real big there. Is it a financial decision? I don't know what they would gain financially for playing up, I'm just throwing that out there.

I've seen and heard others say they've seen Ensworth, BA, MBA, and BGA in football this year. We all agree that currently BGA doesn't have near the football talent, mostly size, to compete with these football traditional or soon to be traditional powerhouses. I'd say last weeks game with BA tells that story also. Both lines, offensive and defensive, were manhandled by BA.

Why should they play up? In my opinion Webb of Knoxville is the smart one of the bunch. They believe they cant compete with BA, MBA, Baylor, etc. They are prolly right.

But they can compete with Powell! Just kiddin'

Why bring Powell into this? Comment makes no sense unless you are just trying to rip on Powell! Why not mention CAk and Catholic? They are private schools in the same area.

Sounds like Webb made the right move. I have had discussions with CAk and Catholic parents and CAK is in one heck of a mess. They should have gone DII with Webb. Catholic will be OK.

To be fair, three groups are needed in D-II as there were two years ago, although it means more travel. BGA, ECS and Webb should not have to play BA, MBA, and McCallie and the very small schools should not be playing BGA, ECS and Webb.

Who are MBA, BA, Ensworth and McCallie going to play? Ryan, MUS, and CBHS make 6 games. Public schools don't want to play them. Where do they go to have a season?

Who are MBA, BA, Ensworth and McCallie going to play? Ryan, MUS, and CBHS make 6 games. Public schools don't want to play them. Where do they go to have a season?

MBA, BA and McCallie are in DII AA division, ECS and Webb will be in DII A division, other than scheduling off games, why would they be playing anyway?

Hey Shelia,

Did you read the Just kiddin' part? I was just kiddin, get it? CAK screwed the pooch on this one, while Webb did the smart thing. They will compete for the championship a lot of years in the future without having to paly the BIG BOYS, aka Baylor, BA, McCallie,MBA, Insworth, etc.

I saw it devil! But why even bring up Powell? I don't get it.

I do agree about CAk and maybe even Catholic. Even Maryville will find out that being the biggest school in AAAA was a huge advantage for them.

I saw it devil! But why even bring up Powell? I don't get it.

I do agree about CAk and maybe even Catholic. Even Maryville will find out that being the biggest school in AAAA was a huge advantage for them.

He's just sore that Halls is out of the playoffs.

As far as Webb is concerned, they should contend for a DII-A title with some regularity, however, their travel schedule will be miserable compared to the DI schools. Maybe that was a factor in CAK's decision to remain in DI (although they would have been extremely competitive in DII-A). Catholic is another story. It's starting to look like they will be in the same region as Farragut, Bearden, and Maryville (moving Hardin Valley into the other Knoxville AAA region). That is going to be a murder's row for a schedule.

He's just sore that Halls is out of the playoffs.

As far as Webb is concerned, they should contend for a DII-A title with some regularity, however, their travel schedule will be miserable compared to the DI schools.

Webb has traveled twice to Nashville and once the Chattanooga the past few years so traveling 3 times to Nashville won't be that big of a difference.

I believe they should be very competitive in DII A in all sports and I'm sure they're not going to miss playing Brentwood Academy, MBA, Ensworth etc. etc.

You're right... Catholic's schedule will be brutal!