ECS and Knox Webb not playing up?

Trojan Fan

Only BGA, Ensworth, BA, and Hutchison moving up from DII-A to DII-AA per the tssaa.org website.

http://tssaa.org/Classifications/2009Classes.htm

ECS, Knoxville Webb, St. Mary's, and St. Cecilia are ones that are high enough in numbers and that have played up before that don't appear to be going forward.

For DII-A, interesting that only Memphis Catholic & King's Academy are shown as not participating in the football playoffs.

If all of those smaller schools that have joined DII-A really are playing for the playoffs as the web site indicates, the football ranks are going to open up in a big way next year w/ Riverside Christian, Zion Christian, Lancaster Christian, Mt. Juliet Christian, St. Andrews-Sewanee, Webb School-Bell Buckle, Franklin Road, Fayette, Ezell-Harding, Donelson Christian, Jackson Christian, USJ, Knoxville Webb, and ECS all being added to the DII-A ranks. I think they all play football though feel free to correct me.

Should be interesting to see how the divisions will be set up. They could very legitimately have 3 with this many teams and the ones that were already in this division of DII-A.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The disparity between Riverside Christian @ 76 students and ECS at 502 is going to make it interesting to see how TSSAA creates regions in DIIA.

Is it not a safety issue when the very small DIIA schools have to play a Webb or ECS?

11 football schools from Jackson West: ECS, St George, Harding, SBEC, Bp Byrne, Tipton Rosemark, FACS, USJ, JCS, Fayette, Rossville Christian

10 schools from Nashville East: Riverside Christian, Zion Christian, Lancaster Christian, Mt. Juliet Christian, St. Andrews-Sewanee, FRA, DCA, Davidson, Webb, Ezell-Harding

The disparity between Riverside Christian @ 76 students and ECS at 502 is going to make it interesting to see how TSSAA creates regions in DIIA.

Is it not a safety issue when the very small DIIA schools have to play a Webb or ECS?

11 football schools from Jackson West: ECS, St George, Harding, SBEC, Bp Byrne, Tipton Rosemark, FACS, USJ, JCS, Fayette, Rossville Christian

10 schools from Nashville East: Riverside Christian, Zion Christian, Lancaster Christian, Mt. Juliet Christian, St. Andrews-Sewanee, FRA, DCA, Davidson, Webb, Ezell-Harding

These enrollment numbers are interesting. In 2005-2006, MBA expected to enroll 665 students in grades 7-12. The school has not expanded significantly. How does TSSAA come up with 1140? I would think that the enrollment would only reflect grades 9-12. Even if you double the number of 9-12 graders, you can't get 1140. (http://home.montgomerybell.edu/ataglance/history.php)

A Tennessean article lists Ensworth's enrollment at 1022. TSSAA has Ensworth at 427. I believe Ensworth adds 20-40 kids after 8th grade, so even if the 1022 is K-12, I don't see how they can come up with only 427.

(http://74.125.113.104/search?q=cache:QQ ... cd=1&gl=us)

Wow, that West region is going to be tough. There are some good programs there.

These enrollment numbers are interesting. In 2005-2006, MBA expected to enroll 665 students in grades 7-12. The school has not expanded significantly. How does TSSAA come up with 1140? I would think that the enrollment would only reflect grades 9-12. Even if you double the number of 9-12 graders, you can't get 1140. (http://home.montgomerybell.edu/ataglance/history.php)

A Tennessean article lists Ensworth's enrollment at 1022. TSSAA has Ensworth at 427. I believe Ensworth adds 20-40 kids after 8th grade, so even if the 1022 is K-12, I don't see how they can come up with only 427.

(http://74.125.113.104/search?q=cache:QQ ... cd=1&gl=us)

First up, as an all-male school, MBA is doubled. So that's a real enrollment of 570.

As far as Ensworth, if that enrollment were K-12, then you'd expect 9-12 to be even smaller than 427 (1022*4/13=316, rounded).

First up, as an all-male school, MBA is doubled. So that's a real enrollment of 570.

As far as Ensworth, if that enrollment were K-12, then you'd expect 9-12 to be even smaller than 427 (1022*4/13=316, rounded).

Your calculation for MBA includes the 7th and 8th grades. The formula would be (665/6) x 4=443. If you double that, you wind up with 886.

In the case of Ensworth, as I said, they add many more students after 8th grade than MBA. If you exclude "Pre-1st" (which I do not believe is included in an enrollment calculation and which, by the way, is the smallest class) and if we assume that they add 40 students after 8th, the following formula applies:

[(1022/12) + 40] x 4=501

If you include pre-1st, it is 474.

Only BGA, Ensworth, BA, and Hutchison moving up from DII-A to DII-AA per the tssaa.org website.

ECS, Knoxville Webb, St. Mary's, and St. Cecilia are ones that are high enough in numbers and that have played up before that don't appear to be going forward.

For DII-A, interesting that only Memphis Catholic & King's Academy are shown as not participating in the football playoffs.

If all of those smaller schools that have joined DII-A really are playing for the playoffs as the web site indicates, the football ranks are going to open up in a big way next year w/ Riverside Christian, Zion Christian, Lancaster Christian, Mt. Juliet Christian, St. Andrews-Sewanee, Webb School-Bell Buckle, Franklin Road, Fayette, Ezell-Harding, Donelson Christian, Jackson Christian, USJ, Knoxville Webb, and ECS all being added to the DII-A ranks. I think they all play football though feel free to correct me.

Should be interesting to see how the divisions will be set up. They could very legitimately have 3 with this many teams and the ones that were already in this division of DII-A.

I wish we could play down at St Benedict. We have over 900 students in our school and just 320 males.

Actually, ECS has always played in the classification in which they were placed. They have historically played some schools classed above them such as CBHS, MUS and Briarcrest but they have always chosen to stay in the classification that TSSAA places them. However, I wish we would choose to play up in this case, but the powers to be chose not to.