Shelbyville - Columbia

robotman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im the clock operator . I WAS TOLD TO STOP THE CLOCK ONLY WHEN THE REF HELD HIS HANDS IN THE AIR AND HAD THEM CROSSED. I WAS TOLD TO RESTART IT ON HIS WHISTLE. YOU NEED TO NO THESE THINGS BEFORE YOU TALK ABOUT THE CLOCK.

No need to shout, though you have a right to explain yourself. I noticed the same things that the other post noticed but it is not a complaint. The original question I asked about the end of the game has been answered. The only thing I don't like is the inconsistancy of the rules. The clock operation was fine, but I think it should be done the same everywhere. If that had been on another field, the referee would have been keeping time and likely would have let that "play" finish until either a score or Shelbyville controlling and clearing the ball. But it went down fairly under the guidelines of that field so whether I like the outcome or not, so be it. Either way it does not diminish the efforts of the two teams in this exciting game and I wish both luck against District 7 next week.

Riverdale 2,312 students

Siegel 2,109 students

Bearden 1931 students

Tullahoma 1,145 students

Shelbyville 1,263 students

Cookeville 2,178 students

McGavock is the largest school in the state.

This is the exact point that needs to be made when this discussion comes up. I'm from Tullahoma and you can see that although we have been very successful in the past, when we travel out of the district, we are almost always playing schools that have more student. In the case of Tullhoma vs Riverdale, the student population is almost double for Riverdale. So, in my opinion, you can throw all the theories out there you want to about whether club soccer helps or doesn't help. As for me, I would simply rather have twice as many players to choose from when I'm forming my team

This is the exact point that needs to be made when this discussion comes up. I'm from Tullahoma and you can see that although we have been very successful in the past, when we travel out of the district, we are almost always playing schools that have more student. In the case of Tullhoma vs Riverdale, the student population is almost double for Riverdale. So, in my opinion, you can throw all the theories out there you want to about whether club soccer helps or doesn't help. As for me, I would simply rather have twice as many players to choose from when I'm forming my team

I'm not sure that I truly agree with that. MaGavock has 2,800 students, yet their not what I would call a soccer powerhouse. Norte Dame has a little over 500 students, yet they can kick alot of AAA schools butts. Why is CAK (408 Students) and ND so good.....Club players and quality club players plus an attitude and self confidence that they are going to win each time they take the field.

But Hey...I've not seen Tullahoma play....If it's because the other schools are larger and have more players to choose from, Well so be it.

I'm not sure that I truly agree with that. MaGavock has 2,800 students, yet their not what I would call a soccer powerhouse. Norte Dame has a little over 500 students, yet they can kick alot of AAA schools butts. Why is CAK (408 Students) and ND so good.....Club players and quality club players plus an attitude and self confidence that they are going to win each time they take the field.

But Hey...I've not seen Tullahoma play....If it's because the other schools are larger and have more players to choose from, Well so be it.

I would prefer 15 club players over 30 in numbers

well tullahoma is open enrollment and we have alot of kids from moore, coffee, bedford and franklin counties

so if it was closed enrollment we would be AA/A and in past years we would have atleast 2 state title's in AA/A not to be arrogant but i truely think that

but this year tullahoma played with there jv team from the last 2 years plus without the girl from chicago i doubt that we would have won 4 games

our middle school team was good this year so by 2011 and 2012 we will be back on top and the next 2 years i think we will struggle