Div II A Regions

jtmgovols

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By my count there are 21 schools that play football in Div II A. How many regions will they put together. You have 9 teams in Memphis, 2 in Jackson, 3 South of Nashville (Columbia, Fatetteville, Sewanee), 6 in Nashville Area, 1 in Knoxville.

What do you think?

That's a good question. By the way, I only count 8 Memphis area teams?

That's a good question. By the way, I only count 8 Memphis area teams?

I guess it depends on how you count Rossville Christian, Fayette Academy, and Tipton Rosemark but it's 9 if you count all 3 as Memphis area.

1. ECS -new

2. Fayette Academy- new

3. St. George's

4. Harding

5. SBEC

6. FACS

7. Bishop Byrne

8. Tipton Rosemark

9. Rossville Christian

I guess it depends on how you count Rossville Christian, Fayette Academy, and Tipton Rosemark but it's 9 if you count all 3 as Memphis area.

1. ECS -new

2. Fayette Academy- new

3. St. George's

4. Harding

5. SBEC

6. FACS

7. Bishop Byrne

8. Tipton Rosemark

9. Rossville Christian

Ok, I wasn't picking up Fayette Academy. That must be the FRA listed, wasn't sure what that was.

I guess CoachT just missed Fayette Academy.

Yep. Welcome to DII-A, by the way. Selfishly, I wished ECS would play up so SBEC could be one of the biggest schools but ECS is a great school w/ excellent athletic programs, great facilities, great leadership, great kids, and a school that's simply great to be associated with. I hope ECS and Webb and the other great schools moving into class A make everybody else pick up their game and rise to the occassion. You guys are going to be awfully tough to deal with in so many sports. It should be a lot of fun and great competition.

Frankly, I'm still a bit surprised they drew the line where they did. I honestly would have predicted them drawing the line even lower than it was last time and maybe pulling us, St. George's, and Harding up. Instead they went higher than last time.

Yep. Welcome to DII-A, by the way. Selfishly, I wished ECS would play up so SBEC could be one of the biggest schools but ECS is a great school w/ excellent athletic programs, great facilities, great leadership, great kids, and a school that's simply great to be associated with. I hope ECS and Webb and the other great schools moving into class A make everybody else pick up their game and rise to the occassion. You guys are going to be awfully tough to deal with in so many sports. It should be a lot of fun and great competition.

Frankly, I'm still a bit surprised they drew the line where they did. I honestly would have predicted them drawing the line even lower than it was last time and maybe pulling us, St. George's, and Harding up. Instead they went higher than last time.

Thanks for the welcome. Also, thanks for the compliments on ECS, we do have great leadership. I too was surprised where they drew the line. I'm also surprised we're not playing up, but the position taken by our leaders is that we have always played where we were classified. I'm sad in that my son graduates this year so I won't have a "vested" interest going forward but I will still attend games and root for ECS. Should be interesting. This conference is definitely on the uprise, teams like St. George's and SBEC seem to be on the way up. By the way, have you had a chance to meet your new baseball coach? He's a good guy.

You are correct in your list. Those are the 9 that I included in the Memphis area. I used a wide definition of Memphis just like I used a wide definiiton of Nashville. The 6 Nashville schools are actually in 4 different counties. Those 6 are:

Franklin Road Academy

Ezell Harding

Davidson Academy

Donelson Christian Academy

Mt. Juliet Christian Academy

Lancaster Christian Academy

By my count there are 21 schools that play football in Div II A. How many regions will they put together. You have 9 teams in Memphis, 2 in Jackson, 3 South of Nashville (Columbia, Fatetteville, Sewanee), 6 in Nashville Area, 1 in Knoxville.

What do you think?

Like I said earlier in another topic, I wish us at St Benedict were playing down. It is very hard to compete with the schools we play. We were hoping to just count our male students but I guess that didnt fly. In a 930 plus school we only have 325 males.

Like I said earlier in another topic, I wish us at St Benedict were playing down. It is very hard to compete with the schools we play. We were hoping to just count our male students but I guess that didnt fly. In a 930 plus school we only have 325 males.

The only problem with that is you probably have more males than some of the other D11 AA schools like Briarcrest who only has 567 total students. I don't know their breakdown, but if 50% of the students are male, you have them beat. Plus, MUS only has 414 males so you're not far behind them.