Region 7

truth

For what it's worth, McGavock lost to Antioch a few weeks ago by just one point.

And as far as Mintlow being done for the season, that's sad to hear. He's an awesome wrestler and athlete. I watched him at Hendersonville's tournament and I think he said his shoulder is still banged up from football.

I see Glencliff pulling off a close one against Antioch!!! Just my opinion /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should make out for a great region duals. My prediction is Glen vs Ant in the finals makeing for a close match-up. Who do you think will take it this year nununu

Don't know. With Mintlow out, that makes the match a tad bit closer. I still right now say that Glencliff is the team to beat. The rest are fighting for 2nd. Hunters Lane has defeated Antioch, McGavock has defeated HL and lost to Antioch by a point. Antioch beat Glencliff earrrrrly in the season.

What happened to Mintlow, I was looking forward to big things from him at state. If he is out for the season, that opens up one of those four spots for the state tournament.

He is no longer on the team according to Coach Easley. I will leave it at that and not get into specifics out of respect to Glencliff, Coach Easley and Dosha Mintlow.

otisallanglazebr...

otisallanglazebrook

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 02:36 PM Post #1

Camper

Group: Members

Member No.: 131,032

I just want to throw out a few names of guys who are outstanding wrestlers but don't get the recogition they deserve. First of all John Burnley from MLK is a top notch wrestler at 140 lbs. He has already proven himself in the region by beating East Literature and other power house schools like Antioch. John Burnley is definately a force to be acknowledged in this region. Richard Jones, MLK 135 lbs, is also a great wrestler. I wouldn't be surprised to see this young man place at the state tournament this February. Other notables from region 7 are Andrew Lowe and Kyle Chandler, both from MLK.

Post Region 7 stuff in this thread. It is all in one...

otisallanglazebr...

otisallanglazebrook

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 02:36 PM Post #1

Camper

Group: Members

Member No.: 131,032

I just want to throw out a few names of guys who are outstanding wrestlers but don't get the recogition they deserve. First of all John Burnley from MLK is a top notch wrestler at 140 lbs. He has already proven himself in the region by beating East Literature and other power house schools like Antioch. John Burnley is definately a force to be acknowledged in this region. Richard Jones, MLK 135 lbs, is also a great wrestler. I wouldn't be surprised to see this young man place at the state tournament this February. Other notables from region 7 are Andrew Lowe and Kyle Chandler, both from MLK.

Post Region 7 stuff in this thread. It is all in one...

So I take it that you are a MLK guy. It is not always about getting recognition, those of us in the region know about MLK. We know that Richard Jones is a returning state qualifier who is tough as nails, we know about Kyle Chandler, Nick Johnson, and Andrew Lowe. I am not that sold on Burnley. Taking nothing away from him, you mention powerhouse schools like Antioch. Well from direct knowledge, Antioch's 140 is a first year senior, not that much of a powerhouse in my eyes. Let the region individuals speak on his success. There is lots of talent in our region, our hopes are that we perform well at state, whoever goes.

An add on,

Region 7 Duals, Thursday at Glencliff

#1 Antioch v. #4 Hunters Lane (the Warriors have defeated Antioch already, can they make it two in a row) Swing matches: 130-Jeremy Greer v. Josue Brown-Greer has had Brown's number this year winning twice

#2 Glencliff v. #3 McGavock(McGavock young Raiders look to pull the upset over the preseason favorite Colts) Swing Matches:125-Garcia v. Tsegaye-The freshman Garcia beat Tsegaye early in the season, but Ace has been on a tear lately, getting wins for the Colts in important matches

Good luck to all!!!!

So I take it that you are a MLK guy. It is not always about getting recognition, those of us in the region know about MLK. We know that Richard Jones is a returning state qualifier who is tough as nails, we know about Kyle Chandler, Nick Johnson, and Andrew Lowe. I am not that sold on Burnley. Taking nothing away from him, you mention powerhouse schools like Antioch. Well from direct knowledge, Antioch's 140 is a first year senior, not that much of a powerhouse in my eyes. Let the region individuals speak on his success. There is lots of talent in our region, our hopes are that we perform well at state, whoever goes.

An add on,

Region 7 Duals, Thursday at Glencliff

#1 Antioch v. #4 Hunters Lane (the Warriors have defeated Antioch already, can they make it two in a row) Swing matches: 130-Jeremy Greer v. Josue Brown-Greer has had Brown's number this year winning twice

#2 Glencliff v. #3 McGavock(McGavock young Raiders look to pull the upset over the preseason favorite Colts) Swing Matches:125-Garcia v. Tsegaye-The freshman Garcia beat Tsegaye early in the season, but Ace has been on a tear lately, getting wins for the Colts in important matches

Good luck to all!!!!

Looks to make out for some pretty intresting wrestling. Looks like alought of key and exciting matches. Josue and Greer for region supremecy should make for an intresting one as always such as in the McGavock finals. Garcia defeated Tsegaye at the McGavock tournament but Tsegaye returned the favor in the conso finals coming close to a major. In the case the finals come down to Glencliff and Antioch as it has been for a couple of years now. I look for intresting matchups with at 103 with Glen 103 and Greer going head up for the region seeding. See you all tommorrow !!! Go region 7

nununu -

Thanks for your comments as always.

Well, as far as young Burnley goes, do not take any thing away from him. The comment is a forward looking statement. As a sophmore, he is wrestling very well. He is focused, strong and wrestles a great match each period at a time. I see the wheels turning and the fluid movement that shows he is into the match and the process. As was stated, John Burnley is definately a force to be acknowledged in this region. He has the balance of this year and two more for us to watch and for you to buy into. Regionals will be good to watch and enjoy to be sure.

You commented "It is not always about getting recognition, those of us in the region know about MLK. We know that Richard Jones..., we know about Kyle Chandler, Nick Johnson, and Andrew Lowe." Well, what do you, or what should we or the other guys know about these wrestlers and MLK? Your input is appreciated and valuable as I have always respected your comments.

Thanks for your insight.

dadbams

nununu -

Thanks for your comments as always.

Well, as far as young Burnley goes, do not take any thing away from him. The comment is a forward looking statement. As a sophmore, he is wrestling very well. He is focused, strong and wrestles a great match each period at a time. I see the wheels turning and the fluid movement that shows he is into the match and the process. As was stated, John Burnley is definately a force to be acknowledged in this region. He has the balance of this year and two more for us to watch and for you to buy into. Regionals will be good to watch and enjoy to be sure.

You commented "It is not always about getting recognition, those of us in the region know about MLK. We know that Richard Jones..., we know about Kyle Chandler, Nick Johnson, and Andrew Lowe." Well, what do you, or what should we or the other guys know about these wrestlers and MLK? Your input is appreciated and valuable as I have always respected your comments.

Thanks for your insight.

dadbams

I commented about not getting recognition because it is always good to sneak up on people. I talked to the Blackman coach after our match last week, and he was pretty shocked at the talent of MLK. His focus was Antioch, and when MLK turned in a most impressive performance, he was sold that wrestling in Metro is not that bad. People in the state know about our regions ranked wrestlers, but who knows that Chandler might place, as well as Jones. Nick J has been out there since his run at state last year, and with him at 125 he could very well be in the finals. I like to keep my guys low key, so when the time comes and they say "where did they come from?" We already knew.

I commented about not getting recognition because it is always good to sneak up on people. I talked to the Blackman coach after our match last week, and he was pretty shocked at the talent of MLK. His focus was Antioch, and when MLK turned in a most impressive performance, he was sold that wrestling in Metro is not that bad. People in the state know about our regions ranked wrestlers, but who knows that Chandler might place, as well as Jones. Nick J has been out there since his run at state last year, and with him at 125 he could very well be in the finals. I like to keep my guys low key, so when the time comes and they say "where did they come from?" We already knew.

I am back Beastin one and only !!! Ran away from the boards for a minute but miss region 7. Duals today should make for some pretty good wrestling. How you been nununu !!! I know you like keepin your guys low key. I see Antioch placing 3 at state this year but you know what team I am supporting at duals. No doubt i'll be there

I am back Beastin one and only !!! Ran away from the boards for a minute but miss region 7. Duals today should make for some pretty good wrestling. How you been nununu !!! I know you like keepin your guys low key. I see Antioch placing 3 at state this year but you know what team I am supporting at duals. No doubt i'll be there

Well maybe you will come by and speak. Been doing ok, will be better if we can pull out a couple of wins tonite.